blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:23:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  I'll deliberately tune in to watch....Jade?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'll deliberately tune in to watch....Jade?  (Read 23903 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2007, 07:19:26 PM »

white trash

It's just another way of saying trailer trash, it is not a slur based on race but on your social-economic grouping. Typically the uncultured/poor americans.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2007, 07:22:12 PM »

I think white trash refers to certain group of individuals and not to the entire race.  It is a cultural reference not racial one, so calling someone white trash is not racist.

Just in the same way as if there is a pakistani gentleman I dont like, and I call HIM a "paki bastard" - THAT is against HIM and not against people from pakistan.

?

Flushy has answered to your question in  away.  White trash is not a racist term while 'paki bastard' is.  If you can't see a difference between the two, no point of talking. 

'Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.'
Francis Bacon
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2007, 07:25:01 PM »

I have to say I always think it's rather funny when white (middle aged?) fairly well off men complain about not being able to use term such as Paki Bastard...and how a term like white Trash is racist aswell.

If you can't see the difference between the two there really is something seriously wrong with you.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
FlyingPig

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2007, 07:31:45 PM »

My uncle is no racist - he is just of a certain age that I would say makes him and people like him exceptions.. I know its wrong but he will call a pakistani gentleman - Paki, and there is absolutely no intention to cause harm. He will call black people - Darkies. Does anyone have older relatives like this?

He is 70 and says it was the normal when he was younger, and its people nowadays who have developed the problem.

Yank - American. Australian - Aussie. Italians - Iti's. Danish - Danes. Pakistani - Paki.

Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2007, 07:32:34 PM »

So what do you think of Jade and her two buddies?

Personally i agree with this quote taken from the the Sun editorial today -

""She has left the house with her true personality laid bare - a vile, pig-ignorant, racist bully consumed by envy of a woman of superior intelligence, beauty and class."

"

Couldn't agree more, and it's not often I can say that about something that was in the Sun!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2007, 07:37:01 PM »

Just in the same way as if there is a pakistani gentleman I dont like, and I call HIM a "paki bastard" - THAT is against HIM and not against people from pakistan.

Huh??

strongly disagree

You call someone a bastard you are attacking them.

You put paki alongside that attack, the implication is that part of the negative feelings you feel towards him, is because of his coming from Pakistan.

This can be and usually is extremely offensive for not only that man, but also others from that country.

It doesn't matter if you don't mean to be racist, when it comes to matters of insensitivity, all that matters is how you are percieved. If I went to school in this country, and kids who didn't even know me called me a paki bastard, it would be rather offensive if, when I grew up, adults are still using it against me.

(Pisses me off even more if I'm from India)

Hiding behind the technicality that the man is from Pakistan, and that is why you called him a Paki isn't going to wash with many. When used in the context of attacking him so, it is a very common racial slur, and completely unacceptable.

Another thing, if you don't like someone, why call them a bastard at all? Whatever happened to quietly getting on with it? (A little beside the point though)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 07:40:59 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2007, 07:44:07 PM »

He is 70 and says it was the normal when he was younger, and its people nowadays who have developed the problem.

'Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.'
Francis Bacon
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2007, 07:47:54 PM »

My uncle is no racist - he is just of a certain age that I would say makes him and people like him exceptions.. I know its wrong but he will call a pakistani gentleman - Paki, and there is absolutely no intention to cause harm. He will call black people - Darkies. Does anyone have older relatives like this?

Quote from: tank's mum

Some of them darkies are nice enough, but I wouldn't want you to bring any home.

bless

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2007, 08:03:04 PM »

My Gran used to say this.  One time we were in a ASDA lift and two black guys came in.  She was very deaf and in a loud voice said to me "Oh fancy, those two darkies must be here for the festival".  That weekend there was an African arts festival taking place in the local town hall.  She meant no harm by this and it was purely a generational thing.
tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2007, 08:10:10 PM »

This thread is turning into the auction on 'how my grandma and grandpa are calling others "darkies' and don't mean any harm.'  Seriously ....

Francis Bacon
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2007, 08:29:04 PM »

Maybe because i was brought up in the real world then i can add a realistic opinion.

Not that i agree with it but why shouldnt you call someone a paki bastard!

It doesnt differ from if i was overweight, that someone should call me a fat bastard.

It is commenting on your outward appearence which is not nice but it is an observational remark that has gone on since the start of time (in respect of using someones appearence in a degredative way!)

And why do we now feel that it is up to us to slap the wrists of people who do this. As long as you dont participate in it yourself you can still sleep at night.

Im just tired of this censored, politically correct bullshit time that we live in. I dont agree with racism in any way, shape or form but i dont believe in people having to worry about saying one comment which might slightly upset someone. Do u think it will bother shilka. NO- Because she knows deep down that she is a much better person who is secure and proud of who she is.

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
The_Ant

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2007, 08:32:15 PM »

Do u think it will bother shilka. NO- Because she knows deep down that she is a much better person who is secure and proud of who she is.

It's Shilpa....you illiterate bastard!   Grin
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2007, 08:34:51 PM »

Maybe because i was brought up in the real world then i can add a realistic opinion.

Are you taking the piss?
barhell

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2007, 08:35:48 PM »

Are you taking the piss?
That would be a piss taking bastard

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams
tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2007, 08:36:45 PM »

Posted by: barhell
Insert Quote
Quote from: Jim-D on Today at 08:34:51 pm
Quote from: KingPoker on Today at 08:29:04 pm

Are you taking the piss?
That would be a piss taking bastard

Francis Bacon
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: