blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 09:45:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272988 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Amazing live s'n'go hand
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amazing live s'n'go hand  (Read 2163 times)
BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2007, 12:33:50 PM »

i seen one of the most amazing hands ive ever seen on Tuesday night.

i was out the tourney , so i was railing my brother who was playing in a side game ( s'n'go )

anyway , he was pretty short so he was looking to push in soon for a double up.

he showed me his hand , when he was Small Blind he had   

anyway , when the hand was dealt the guy in the Big Blind ( an elderly man , possibly his first time playing poker ) was misdealt and an Ace landed face up on the table ( im sure it was  )

the dealer said sorry and asked him if he wanted to keep it , some players said fine , some said deal again , but the old man said ''ill keep it'' and they all let him keep it

anyway , after seein the  turned up , the first few players fold , the guy on the Button makes a small raise ( i think he was trying to get the old man in. )

my Brother in the Small Blind pushes all-in with his    , and the old guy calls the raise. 3 players see the flop.

the flop came  , at which point my brother looked at me and made ' they ' eyes , obviously feeling he was leaving pretty soon.

the old man checked and the guy on the button put in a very small bet , like 100 into a 1500 pot

so the old guy obviously has the draw , or possibly the straight ( A J )

anyway , no flush draw , the turn brings  , now the board is        , my brother has the nut straight , and also a Royal Flush draw to win the pot.

now its obvious the old guy has the Straight ( his  is turned upwards. )

now the old guy says '' i'll just go all in then '' i dont know if he wanted the guy out the pot or figured he wouldnt call any kind of bet .

the guy on the button laughed , then frowned , hummed and hawed. and eventually said '' i'll call you ''

he turns over    , 3 of a kind - Kings.

the old guy has    - Straight

and my brother has    - Straight with Royal Flush draw

the guy with the Kings says '' i cant fold 3 Kings , give me a King , a Queen , a Jack or a Ten.

now he cant hit the  cos it gives my brother the Royal Flush so he has 8 outs , about 15 - 20 % chance of hitting and winning.

i found this crazy , he called all his chips looking at the nuts knowing he was 4 to 1 dog to win the pot ( or maybe he didnt know )

any way the river was blank  or something like that and the guy with the Kings was out , the old boy took ALL his chips , and split the other pot with my brother.

absolutely incredible , and if the hand was played correctly it wouldnt have happened , cos it would have been re-dealt.

i think i need to stop playing in such establishments.   
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 12:37:23 PM by BigTomatoes » Logged

is it cold in his shadow ?
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 07:23:29 PM »

anyway , when the hand was dealt the guy in the Big Blind ( an elderly man , possibly his first time playing poker ) was misdealt and an Ace landed face up on the table ( im sure it was  )

the dealer said sorry and asked him if he wanted to keep it , some players said fine , some said deal again , but the old man said ''ill keep it'' and they all let him keep it

what the fuck!

does the place just make up the rules as it goes along.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 08:07:36 PM »

PMSL
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 09:50:22 PM »

let me guess. gala leicester?
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 01:09:30 PM »

I am once again astonished by the incompetence of UK cardroom staff. 

Ok I can understand that a good atmosphere at the table might have been the reason, but it should never have got to that.  The card should have been automatically grabbed by the dealer and made the burn card, no opportunity for debate.
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 01:26:10 PM »

Think you will find this is probably a social club on the outskirts of Glasgow not a recognised card room.
BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 05:18:48 PM »

yep it was a pub game , it runs every tuesday and is pretty friendly .

but what about the call ?

is it cold in his shadow ?
lazypoker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 06:21:12 PM »

Maybe he had the odds to call. Or maybe he thought "Fuck this, what am I doing, why the hell did I only bet 100, I should've bet more, oh well, it's first time I've hit a flop all night, I was never folding this hand before the river anyway. Now I screwed up I might as well gamble and hope to win a big pot."
TightPaulFolds

Not a moderator in any fashion whatsoever

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 07:06:48 PM »

LOL nice one. An interesting question is, do you take the Ace for it's value, with the downside that everyone knows what you have?
I did see someone in a similar situation with a micro stack near the bubble nearly in tears as the upturned Ace was taken from him. The dealer reshuffled it and told him 'his chance of being dealt it again was just as good as it was the first time'. Oh how his grief subsided in the face of cold hard statistical reasoning.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 07:14:34 PM »

This is a rubbish story, where was the King of Spades on the River?!?!  Wink
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 11:39:27 PM »

This was live.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
TightPaulFolds

Not a moderator in any fashion whatsoever

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 01:13:16 AM »

This was live.
Huh? You mean tikay had chucked it on the floor again? Wink
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 07:16:26 PM »

was it the segton bar by any chance???

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 11:57:15 PM »

LOL nice one. An interesting question is, do you take the Ace for it's value, with the downside that everyone knows what you have?
I did see someone in a similar situation with a micro stack near the bubble nearly in tears as the upturned Ace was taken from him. The dealer reshuffled it and told him 'his chance of being dealt it again was just as good as it was the first time'. Oh how his grief subsided in the face of cold hard statistical reasoning.

Nobody likes a smart arse. Especially smart arse dealers.

I take the ace for bluffing value.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 07:28:50 AM »

Nobody likes a smart arse. Especially smart arse dealers.

I take the ace for bluffing value.

i throw the ace so i can reprsent a set when no ace hits

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: