blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 05:13:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272939 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DAVE "EL BLONDIE" COLCLOUGH - European Player of the Year
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DAVE "EL BLONDIE" COLCLOUGH - European Player of the Year  (Read 67230 times)
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2007, 07:22:54 PM »

To be honest I think it's 50/50 this early in the tourney. Raising and taking the pot only gains hims 400 chips. Whereas calling and flopping a set may earn hm over 5000. There is also more risk with the re-raise option .
I think you are 100% correct for mid or late stages but it's 50/50 in the first 3 or so levels.
what d'ya think?

i'll walk a million miles for one of your goals
KOConnell

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2007, 10:04:48 PM »

Dave i have a very important question  if your standing at a bar with only £5 and there people want a drink but you can only buy one     who's do you buy

see you at the bar
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2007, 10:23:19 PM »

Dave i have a very important question  if your standing at a bar with only £5 and there people want a drink but you can only buy one     who's do you buy

I would say whoever looks like they need it most (probably you or padraig).

ariston

better lucky than good
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2007, 05:42:39 PM »

Well it couldn't be you Kev as yours normally cost about a tenner a shot...minimum
So I guess padraig wins thru

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2007, 10:16:21 PM »

Dave, any chance you can give your thoughts your Will Hill Grand Prix qualifier and how good you think Johnny Lodden is?

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=19966.0

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2007, 11:31:46 AM »

In addition to the last question how highly do you rate the scandie mafia that are threatening to take over the poker world? Who would you rate the highest from Lodden,Patrick,Bengt etc?

ariston

better lucky than good
pswnio

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2007, 11:37:50 AM »

Dave, any chance you can give your thoughts your Will Hill Grand Prix qualifier and how good you think Johnny Lodden is?

Beat me to it. I thought Lodden was fantastic in that; was that an average or a good day for him? Smiley
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2007, 11:55:49 AM »

Beat me to it. I thought Lodden was fantastic in that; was that an average or a good day for him? Smiley

If that was an average day for him I would hate to sit with him on a good day. The guy looked something special to me and is imo one of the top 5 in the world at the minute but I would rather have Daves oppinion on him.

ariston

better lucky than good
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »

Quite simply....the best player won.
The flush was a great fold. he also showed considerable retraint not to follow through with abet on the turn. I was shocked.
He is not a typical Scandie machine gunner thats for certain. A great performance by Mr.Lodden

elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2007, 12:46:53 PM »

In addition to the last question how highly do you rate the scandie mafia that are threatening to take over the poker world? Who would you rate the highest from Lodden,Patrick,Bengt etc?
Unfortunately I think there are a whole swarm of great players on the horizon.
Patrick's record is quite astonishing. I was particularly impressed with going deep in the HORSE event as well. He cant possibly know all the games inside out, so must have survived due to his general poker instincts.
Lodden performance was as good as anything I have played against in the Will Hill. However, I believe he is on the slide at the moment according to the rumour mill.
Bengt I think is a bit steadier. I am not sure if he will ever consistantly win major tourneys.
However there are another dozen scandies equally impressive if they get the bankrolls together.
Jan Sjlavik doesn't fit the mould but is a great player. The winner of last weeks William Hill was pretty hot but there are just loads of above average players coming.
Mind you we have a fair few hot prospects in the UK as well...JP, Praz and Roland will still be winning tourneys in 5 years time which is more than can be said for many of the old stalwards such as myself.

blonde17

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2007, 09:36:30 PM »

Hi Dave,
Any tips on driving ...such as taking your test etc, also,
Is it possible to get a parking ticket whilst parked on the services and if so how would you handle this sad occurrence ( I`m told Tamworth is very risky)
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2007, 11:38:49 AM »

Hi Dave,
Any tips on driving ...such as taking your test etc, also,
Is it possible to get a parking ticket whilst parked on the services and if so how would you handle this sad occurrence ( I`m told Tamworth is very risky)
The Human Mind is a strange beast. Some people are only happy if they have something to knock. I enjoy providing that service.

blonde17

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2007, 12:58:58 PM »

Sorry pal,
Got home.. had a whiskey.. or two and just couldn`t resist

BR,
Pete.

UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2007, 06:19:21 PM »

Hand from last night in the £200 F/O at Walsall. Around 35 players left, top 9 pays, I get As   UTG+1. Blinds are 400-800, I have around 16k and make it 3k and get 1 caller (the chip leader).

This guy has been on the table around 2 and half orbits, and has been fairly loose. For example he called a raise with 85 suited on the button and flopped a flush. 2 hands before this he folds and shows three diamonds in the BB after being raised. The raiser says ‘oh I thought you like to call raises with those suited connectors?’

Ok back to the hand, the flop comes and I bet 3.5k. He thinks for a while then calls. The turn is two hearts What do you do? check or push?

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2007, 08:24:33 PM »

check, i would have checked the flop aswell.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: