blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:36:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DAVE "EL BLONDIE" COLCLOUGH - European Player of the Year
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DAVE "EL BLONDIE" COLCLOUGH - European Player of the Year  (Read 66520 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2007, 08:27:42 PM »

Why not just post it on the board and give him a link?

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2007, 10:08:58 PM »

check, i would have checked the flop aswell.

Tighty , are you logged in on flushys account ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2007, 12:19:53 AM »

check, i would have checked the flop aswell.
I would push ... just because Flushy says he wouldn't !
Opponent may pass King bad kicker and he may call Queen worse kicker. Both of which you like.
When flushy says he would check. Does he mean check and call after inducing a bluff ? That would be the only reason I would consider checking...if the other player was a known tea leaf.

i'll walk a million miles for one of your goals
UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2007, 12:23:50 AM »

i pushed and have been doubting my play the whole way home, he had a set of kings. 

ah well, play to win...

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2007, 12:43:02 AM »

When flushy says he would check. Does he mean check and call after inducing a bluff ? That would be the only reason I would consider checking...if the other player was a known tea leaf.

That's exactly it, i know i am not passing given the player is fairly liberal, pushing i don't think gets better hands passing but it does get worse hands passing, its very hard to get outdrawn in this pot, if he bets after i check i am insta check raising all in.

If you had checked the flop you could have got away with a showdown without stacking off here.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2007, 01:31:25 PM »

i pushed and have been doubting my play the whole way home, he had a set of kings. 
ah well, play to win...
Opponents dont flop a set of kings very often...its not worth beating yourself up over it

elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2007, 01:34:20 PM »

That's exactly it, i know i am not passing given the player is fairly liberal, pushing i don't think gets better hands passing but it does get worse hands passing, its very hard to get outdrawn in this pot, if he bets after i check i am insta check raising all in.
Not so sure about the outdraw logic, but I fully agree...if the opponent is likely to steal with nothing or bet lesser hands give him the old sandagging trap...there is probably more equity this way around...and slightly more risk of course

KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2007, 02:50:08 AM »

Hi Dave

I have a situation which has been bugging me for a while now and want to get it out of my head before my next live event comes up. It was for the last APAt event up in newcy. We are down to around 30 players left out of 210 runners. I am am sitting with ~90,000 chips in front of me and blinds at 1500-3000 (30x BB). Happy days really. Had been up amongst the chips leaders most of the day but now unfortunately the other 4 tourney Big Stacks are on my table. I could have easily cruised into the money by folding every hand but i wanted the win.
Everyone small stack is playing very tight so gets folded round to the big stack (with around 150K)on the button. He makes a raise of around 20,000 more than enough to put the BB in. Im in the SB, look down and see  . Perfect but his raise had left me in an awkward position. In my head as he was OTB and made such a big raise possibly with A J, A 10 or even A,Q so in my mind i had him dominated. I go over the top all in. He calls instantly and obviously then i know im in big trouble. He turns over QQ no help for me and im out.
I really wanted the win so had to double up and thought this was the perfect opportunity but
a) was i wrong to overplay the AK like i did.
B) should i have seen the flop and possibly got off the hand. (the thinking in my head against this was if an A or a king hit he would have folded!)
c) how would yo have played this hand from preflop......

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2007, 05:09:54 AM »

Not so sure about the outdraw logic, but I fully agree...if the opponent is likely to steal with nothing or bet lesser hands give him the old sandagging trap...there is probably more equity this way around...and slightly more risk of course

Dave what i meant was it's not like the flop is JTx/T9x where checking the ten/9 when you feel you are ahead is nasty as there are overcards that make your position so hard to play.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
The Kid

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2007, 12:42:54 PM »

Dave,
I read your article on EPT Copenhagen and you mentioned a book by the name of ‘Zen & the art of playing poker’
You were not sure if this exsited. I can tell you it does if it is the same one I am thinking of.
I am not proud to say it but I have read less than 8 books in my life. As you will gather I am not one for reading but I have read this book at I thought it was very good. " But hey what do I know".
I have started many others but none of them have taken my interests to continue.
Thought I would share that with you

elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2007, 03:04:42 PM »

Dave,
I read your article on EPT Copenhagen and you mentioned a book by the name of ‘Zen & the art of playing poker’
You were not sure if this exsited. I can tell you it does if it is the same one I am thinking of.
I am not proud to say it but I have read less than 8 books in my life. As you will gather I am not one for reading but I have read this book at I thought it was very good. " But hey what do I know".
I have started many others but none of them have taken my interests to continue.
Thought I would share that with you

I guess I'll have to find it and read it then!
(hopefully Poker Tales From The Blonde one by Cardoza publishing will keep your interest when it is released later this year)

elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2007, 03:12:04 PM »

I really wanted the win so had to double up and thought this was the perfect opportunity but
a) was i wrong to overplay the AK like i did.
B) should i have seen the flop and possibly got off the hand. (the thinking in my head against this was if an A or a king hit he would have folded!)
c) how would yo have played this hand from preflop......
a) you didn't overplay the AK
b) I dont like to call 20,000 with the intention of 'getting off a hand'
c) I would come right over the top, all in diolch yn fawr...90,000 chips is gonna scare the hell out of him most of the time and he will pass. Thus giving me a nice size pot uncontested. Theres only QQ, KK and AA that are an automatic call. he may pass everything else. As it happens you are 50/50 in the pot anyway so it just wasn't your day. Balance the three good hands against the plethera of bad hands he may call you with like AQ, AJ, KQ etc etc. All hands which you have dominated.
No Guts No Glory, Stick It In to Win, Cymru am byth

KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2007, 02:22:48 AM »

Cheers Dave. My other question was going to be are you proud of your welsh roots but you answered that aswell.

Keep flying the welsh flag!

thumbs up thumbs up

Gareth

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
KOConnell

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »

Dave turn the table you raise  20K with QQ the SB comes over you for 70K more what do you do with the QQ?Huh?

see you at the bar
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2007, 09:26:03 PM »

Dave turn the table you raise  20K with QQ the SB comes over you for 70K more what do you do with the QQ?Huh?
Probably call...I can't pass the ciggies
In the blinds QQ looks like a Monstteeerrrr Kev.
And your point is........?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 09:29:50 PM by elblondie » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: