blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 07:02:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Poker room raided
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker room raided  (Read 7857 times)
_Hectic_

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2007, 12:58:20 AM »

Another poker room in Northern  Ireland has been raided. This time JPC poker ( www.jpcpoker.com )in Magherafelt, after police arrived all dealing stopped and names and addresses of all players was taken. Entry money was returned, All I know at the min.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 10:26:02 AM »

Another poker room in Northern  Ireland has been raided. This time JPC poker ( www.jpcpoker.com )in Magherafelt, after police arrived all dealing stopped and names and addresses of all players was taken. Entry money was returned, All I know at the min.

Mainland UK won't be far behind.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 12:12:48 PM »

This is crazy the last club in n ireland to get raided was the cavendish club and they took everything tables,chips,cards and more importanly players entry fees suspiciously the cavendishs case ended yesterday with the owner gettin fined 3k and another 2k of juice being donated to charity (all players got there fee back) they also gave back blackjack and roulette tables but the club is not allowed to reopen.

Apparently if u have a bingo lincese u are legal to run poker tournies and alot of clubs opened up in n ireland with bingo/poker clubs and now the police still raid the club

Edit note .... emotive subject, but please mind the language. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 12:32:03 PM by Micko » Logged
LEEVAN

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 02:16:33 PM »

This is crazy the last club in n ireland to get raided was the cavendish club and they took everything tables,chips,cards and more importanly players entry fees suspiciously the cavendishs case ended yesterday with the owner gettin fined 3k and another 2k of juice being donated to charity (all players got there fee back) they also gave back blackjack and roulette tables but the club is not allowed to reopen.

Apparently if u have a bingo lincese u are legal to run poker tournies and alot of clubs opened up in n ireland with bingo/poker clubs and now the police still raid the club

Edit note .... emotive subject, but please mind the language. Thanks.
There is nothing in the law regarding bingo that allows poker to be played........ That was a bit of a red herring introduced by Yorkgate but its fiction.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 02:16:44 PM »

Mainland UK won't be far behind.

..... if and when this happens could we ALL ring up the Chief Constable of the appropiate police force and politely tell him(or her) what a total waste of police time and money he has just presided over, and lets pray no one was attacked,mugged, raped or murdered on his streets that evening.
 A simple visit in office hours to talk over the business/law/way forward should surely be the first step.
LEEVAN

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 02:25:35 PM »

Poker club owner is fined £3,000 

The owner of a Belfast poker club, raided by police a year ago, has been fined £3,000 after being convicted of breaking betting and gambling laws.
A magistrate ordered that £2,000 seized by police should be given to charity.

Sean Murphy, who runs the Cavendish Club on Corporation Street, accepted he had broken the law but called for new regulations to allow poker in NI.

But a Crown lawyer told the city's magistrates court police hoped this was the "first of many" such prosecutions.

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 05:41:39 PM »

Standard

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
CATHER

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 06:16:39 PM »

This is where the Northern Ireland Poker Championships are supposed to be being held in about 5 weeks time!
Wonder what will happen?
First Deauville now Ulster, not having much luck picking my tourneys! lol

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 07:29:08 PM »

what a total waste of police time and money he has just presided over, and lets pray no one was attacked,mugged, raped or murdered on his streets that evening.

What fantastic reasoning!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
crip17

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 12:03:04 AM »

OMG  This is the local club i play in.  Was a great friendly place to play but after the hearing about the cavendish its no surprise.  Sick

perfect practice makes practice perfect
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 12:03:11 AM »

Following the Gutshot ruling (subject to Appeal) one has to assume that the GC, charged with creating a safe & controlled gaming environment by the government, has said to the various Police Authorities/Forces across the UK - "OK, now that's clarified the position, you know the Law, we expect you to uphold it - that is, after all, your job".

I am at a loss to imagine what other course of action they could possibly follow. That's not to say I think the Law is either right, or wrong, but if the Law is there, the Police are obliged to enforce it. It's wrong, no matter how much some folks detest the Police (one has to wonder why), to place even an iota of fault or blame at the door of the Police. They don't make the Laws, they just enforce them.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 12:06:24 AM »

http://www.blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/7385
TightPaulFolds

Not a moderator in any fashion whatsoever

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 12:20:23 AM »

Following the Gutshot ruling (subject to Appeal) one has to assume that the GC, charged with creating a safe & controlled gaming environment by the government, has said to the various Police Authorities/Forces across the UK - "OK, now that's clarified the position, you know the Law, we expect you to uphold it - that is, after all, your job".

I am at a loss to imagine what other course of action they could possibly follow. That's not to say I think the Law is either right, or wrong, but if the Law is there, the Police are obliged to enforce it. It's wrong, no matter how much some folks detest the Police (one has to wonder why), to place even an iota of fault or blame at the door of the Police. They don't make the Laws, they just enforce them.

Is society any better off as a result of these prosecutions?
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 12:26:30 AM »

The law in Northern Ireland is different from the rest of the UK. The laws and regulations are made and enforced locally.

The Gutshot case has no bearing on raids that take place in Belfast, and the GC has no powers there.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 12:31:10 AM »

The law in Northern Ireland is different from the rest of the UK. The laws and regulations are made and enforced locally.

The Gutshot case has no bearing on raids that take place in Belfast, and the GC has no powers there.

That is correct, my apologies if I phrased my Post such that it suggested otherwise. I was referring to "Mainland UK", or more specifically, England, Scotland & Wales.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: