blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:40:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  i want lots of replies to this one okay?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: i want lots of replies to this one okay?  (Read 2063 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 09:11:55 PM »

I flat call btw. Let the pot build Cheesy

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 09:24:36 PM »

RESULTS:

I was ACTUALLY the 'new player utg' - I heldĀ  for the nuts straight.
couldn't believe my luck that i was called. i don't understand why in such a deep structured tournament the guy let almost all his stack go in the middle when he isn't beating anything but a draw?!

anyway. TURN -

obviously sent me home. just wondering if i was right to still feel sick about this one to this day. and i guess i'm not as most of you call!
Timaloy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 10:18:56 PM »

I don't think its the ideal board to slow play bottom set against a player that you have no information on also there are 5 cards that can come which could lead you to being pushed off the best hand if the are good.

Any A K Q 8 or 7 and you have no idear where you are and its going to cost you the majority of your chips if not all to find out.

3k is quite a large bet for the person to lead out with against 1 opponent, slightly over the full size of the pot, AA,QQ or 88 are my main thoughts atm. (Doubt it is that tho, might be a little to predictable for a threadlike this)

Quite a small raise utg with AA for a guy that has just sat down at a table, I think most people would make it 4x or more the bb with AA in this situation, they don't know how the table is playing so they dont want to have 4 callers with AA utg against strangers.

I go with the raise up to 8k - 9k.

Nightmare decision...very unliky that he has KQ or Q8, looks more like QQ,JJ,1010 or the outside chance of 88.

Still not sure what I would do tho lol

Might go the catious route, If he has QQ or 88 fair play ballsy move but he still has a strong chance of winning the pot anyway, if he has the sets then you made a correct pass.  If hes on a total bluff or has pocket aces then hes insane and you've got a good chance of getting the chips back off him, just hope no one else gets em first.

Glad it was'nt me!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: