blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:53:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273121 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  General Fighting thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Fighting thread  (Read 164423 times)
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 08, 2008, 12:52:44 PM »

i read a few interviews sylvia did straight after he got caught on the juice and he came across as a complete wanker imo. "i want to keep my belt whaaaaaaaaa"

hughes is meant to slag him off in his book.

books out or soon to be out by hughes, liddell and tank abbot, anyone gonna read them?
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 08, 2008, 12:57:37 PM »

books out or soon to be out by hughes, liddell and tank abbot, anyone gonna read them?

Most certainly, should be interesting.

Adam, why is Bisping disliked?
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 08, 2008, 01:28:22 PM »

hatred for Bisping started with the controvesial points win over matt hamill. Hamill easily won the first round, then bisping won a close 2nd and 3rd round. American fans still say Hamill should have won. They're wrong.

I'd like to read about chuck and tank.
I won't buy matt hughs' book. he makes his students sit and read the bible in practice sessions  dont river me as a born again pastafarian, I can't agree with that.
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 08, 2008, 06:28:27 PM »

Hughes - good old farmer boy, quiet man, religious becomes fighting hero -------------- NOT FOR ME

Liddell - would need to know a bit more about his early life ----------------------------------- MAYBE but unlikely to read

Tank - drunk, fights in bars, bound to have references about dirty biker woman ------- MORE THAN LIKELY TO READ  thumbs up

I've read Ken Shamrocks book which was pretty good. I do however find many of this books about fighters all to often a predictable, look at me I'm a hard SoB, boasting session.

Benny Brox

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 08, 2008, 10:20:17 PM »

I've read Ian Freeman's book and it is shite. Hardly touches his MMA experiences at all apart from his win over Mir, it's more about his dodgy doorman days.

No Holds Barred by Clyde Gentry is a quality read about the kick start of MMA and the notoriety of the early UFCs.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 09, 2008, 10:00:49 AM »

The more times I watch the Mir / Lesnar fight, the more stunning Mir's technique looks.
Hooks the left foot around Lesnsars right leg, reached with the left hand, pivots to get his leg through, hooks it over the outside of theleg, holding the ankle, he extends his body which just flips a standing 265 Lesnar and cranks it. Fabulous finish.
Lots of the talk is if Mazagatti hadn't pulled him off for the point deduction, Lesnar would have won, but submission fighters often have to endure a bit of punishment while they set stuff like this up. I think if they fought 10 times, Lesnar might get lucky and win 1.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 09, 2008, 12:43:32 PM »

The more times I watch the Mir / Lesnar fight, the more stunning Mir's technique looks.
Hooks the left foot around Lesnsars right leg, reached with the left hand, pivots to get his leg through, hooks it over the outside of theleg, holding the ankle, he extends his body which just flips a standing 265 Lesnar and cranks it. Fabulous finish.
Lots of the talk is if Mazagatti hadn't pulled him off for the point deduction, Lesnar would have won, but submission fighters often have to endure a bit of punishment while they set stuff like this up. I think if they fought 10 times, Lesnar might get lucky and win 1.

Lesnar would win more than one i think.  Mazzagatti shouldn't have pulled Lesnar for the point deduction, a simple verbal warning would have been suffice.

This isn't to say Lesnar would have won the fight if Mazzagatti left it.  Simply, Lesnar wasn't good enough or experienced enough and this, of course, cost him.

But I agree Adam, impressive finish.
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 09, 2008, 12:55:05 PM »

The fact the more times you watch the Mir / Lensar fight, the more impressed you are by Mir's technique is reason why I don't think you should write of Brock's future in MMA and label him merely as an "entertainment wrestler". Brock's ground and pound would of been enough to finish of many other heavyweights and the main consideration is that many other heavyweight's would not have been able to employ such an impressive technical game as Mir did.

The Mazagatti point will always be a matter of debate as Brock was dominating at that point and you will never know if Mir would have been able to use his technical superiority at that given point. Chances are he would have stucked up the punishment and got a submission because he is so much more experienced but the question mark will remain.

Wrong ref and wrong type of opponent for such a major debut fight. I give Brock to win at least 2 out of 10, with him not having to get lucky.  

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 09, 2008, 03:29:40 PM »

ok, 2/10 max

mazagatti is ALWAYS the wrong ref when ever I have money on the fight and I see him it's "oh shit, it's mazagatti." When he was pulling Lesnar off, I was sure it was to prematurely award the fight to Lesnar.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 12, 2008, 03:55:16 PM »

this is probably very old but i only saw it today and it's very funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 12, 2008, 05:07:27 PM »

crazy isn't it. There's a whole martial system based around pressure point and no contact knock outs called Kyusho (or bullshido to the rest of us). The strangest thing is it sort of works, because students buy into it and, in an almost hypnotic response, actually DO get KO'd. Obviously, if you're not one of the highly suggestable students, it's no use whats so ever.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 15, 2008, 01:15:52 PM »

looks like the only market error for UFC 82 in my opinion is Evan Tanner v Yushin Okami. I think Evan Tanner will win this emphatically and  I think 2.7 is very good value.

If I could get anywhere near evens on Anderson Silva, I would. 1.6 is too short.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 17, 2008, 02:30:06 PM »

Kimbo Slice destroys Tank Abbott in 43 seconds.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 17, 2008, 02:41:18 PM »

so I hear.

looking forward to seeing it.

Kimbo is certainly putting the work in and while Tank is a long way past being able to take on the better modern MMA heavyweights, you do have to be the real deal to get through him. You're not seeing the same Kimbo Slice that was fighting mugs in car parks. I'd like to see him against a decent current fighter.

I keep reading people begging for UFC to sign him and put on Kimbo v Lesnar. Now THAT I'd like to see.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 17, 2008, 05:50:22 PM »

Can watch it here:

http://kimbo-fights.com/kimbo-vs-tank-abbott/
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: