blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:19:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  General Fighting thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Fighting thread  (Read 162008 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2007, 10:04:41 PM »

The streetfighter, Kimbo Slice, is to fight Ray Mercer in a MMA fight in June.  Should be sweet.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2007, 08:23:49 AM »

from what I've seen, a decent boxer or MMA fighter will do a job on Kimbo. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 08:26:59 AM by AdamM » Logged
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2007, 10:37:57 AM »

His streetfights on youtube are enjoyable but he never seems to be up against much.  And he looked poor against Gannon who produced some MMA moves, and has since been defeated in UFC. Still, should be interesting.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2007, 01:09:31 PM »

have you seen Gannons UFC fight? total one sided beating. Gannon is a tough guy but nowhere  near the standard of the professional fighters.

don't know much about mercer. looks like he's been in with some quality over the years but he's lost to his better opponents. I'd still expect mercer to win it.

I'd bet the farm on a top heavyweight like Couture/Silvia/Arlovski/CroCop/etc against Kimbo but I can't see it happening. even if UFC threw Kimbo a one fight shot (they did it with Gannon so it could happen) it'd be against a fighter lower on the food chain and I'd still expect kimbo to lose.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2007, 03:15:39 PM »

Yeah, I've seen it.  Gannon was destroyed.

I don't know if Kimbo will lose to Mercer (he's not a MMA fighter either of course), but I would imagine him losing to a decent UFC fighter.
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2007, 06:46:14 PM »

I think the Koscheck/Sanchez fight showed them both up.  koscheck was blatantly playing for the decision win and nothing else while Sanchez didnt have an answer.  Time to stop coddling Sanchez and throw him in against some quality.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2007, 09:34:29 PM »

I think, to be fair, Koscheck did what he had to to win. He's a world class wrestler so the fight going to the mat or not was up to him. one mistake on the ground and Sanchez might sumbit him. on the feet, Koscheck felt he couldn't lose. I quite enjoyed the fight.

Sanchez losing is great, however it comes
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2007, 01:40:34 PM »

big weekend of MMA in the UK

UFC is in Manchester.
Top end othe card has Mirko Crocop smashing Gonzaga up in 1 round, Michael Bisping Smashing Elvis Sinosic in round 1 and Andre Arlovski smashing Werdom up in round 1. It's PPV on Setanta TV

Also on it Cage Rage in London. Bob Sapp was meant to be fighting but has pulled out at the last minute. The good news is Tank Abbott has been drafted in to fight instead. I think Abbott will beat Gary Turner but you never know whats going to happen with Tank.

Also Cage rage has Vitor Belfort. He looked unbeatable in the UFC but ended up a step below Chuck, Randy and Tito at the top of the weightclass. be good to see him fight again.
Also fighting are Ross Pointon and Mark Weir.
Cage rage is on sky sports so I'll be tapping that for watching sunday.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2007, 06:16:49 PM »

Also on it Cage Rage in London. Bob Sapp was meant to be fighting but has pulled out at the last minute. The good news is Tank Abbott has been drafted in to fight instead. I think Abbott will beat Gary Turner but you never know whats going to happen with Tank.

KFC chose a bad time to do their buy one get one free promo! I love bob sapp, he's hilarious! What he lacks in skill he makes up for in bulk.

I remember his fight against crocop where crocop caught him with a sweet punch and he fell over in slow motion. It was like watching a giant red wood being felled.

Tank's great too. All action mentalist!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2007, 06:57:07 PM »

Tank's great too. All action mentalist!

lol, perfect discription

you watching either / niether / both?
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2007, 07:32:21 PM »

UFCs main event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABfm8ofsYFc&mode=related&search=

an out and out wrestler like Randy Couture might give him trouble in the future, but I don't see any current UFC heavy weight striking with him.

Croatian special forces. one serious dude. When he 'goes in for the kill' it's not always metaphorical 
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2007, 11:28:06 PM »

why was this not on that video?  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvLz0wCCXaw&mode=related&search=

Cro Cop is a phenomenal striker, looks like his kicks could take an ordinary person's head off!

He broke Sapp's eye socket with that one punch, very impressive!
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2007, 10:54:43 PM »

Adam - I'm going to start betting against your predictions Wink - although none of us could have forseen the kick that for a scary moment I thought had killed Cro Cop.

Arlovski spoke well at the end after 2 non-rounds.

Bisping probably should have been given it in round 1 - but he came damn close to losing it in 2. Showed some great strenth & skill to escape.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2007, 12:08:31 PM »

I know, I'm not even getting close sometimes.

Bisping smashed Sinosic up in round 1 but the Kimoura was on hard at the start of round 2. looked like it was going to get snapped off. Did well to roll him and finish the fight. good performance from Bisping

Arlovski fought an inteligent fight but he never went in for the kill. I think he could have took it in round 1 if he'd gone hell for leather but he's not had the best 18 months so wins under his belt are more important I guess.

and Crocop got KTFO. we were all impressed with Gonzagas ground and pound. those elbows were really racking up some damage. Herb Dean stood them up while Gonzaga was still working which seemed unfair. Then what a kick?? Crocop was asleep before he hit the mat. his leg was bent backwards too but 5 minutes later he was walking around. amazing what the body can do to protect itself.

the good thing about this is that while Randy Couture is seeing to Gonzaga in the summer we might get Arlovski v Crocop as an eliminator to fight Randy end of the year. now that will be a fight to see.

haven't watched the cagerage yet. got that to do this afternoon
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2007, 12:45:30 PM »

Cant beleive the Crocop fight, he saw the kick coming!!!!!

There is talk over at Sherdog of foul play to "create a new star" out of gonzaga to boost the HW division and although it is plausible since its good business for Crocop for a rematch and then the title shot in his remaining fights on his deal I doubt Crocop is the type of guy to take a dive.

I dont think Gonzaga was hurting him much on the ground, Crocop defended it really well but Gonzaga got the takedown too easily.  The ankle turn was sick!!!

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: