blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:32:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  3 Hands from the APAT
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3 Hands from the APAT  (Read 2621 times)
Padrino

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2007, 02:57:41 PM »

After finishing a disappointing 114th in the APAT in Cardiff i have now had time to look back at my play and analyse where i think i went wrong.

3 different hands occurred which i think shaped my APAT. Feedback and analysis most welcome.

Hand 1

Blinds 200-400

Position 4

Stack = 9500

I limp in with 

Folded around to the SB who completes and the BB checks. Both SB & BB have similar stacks and SB has not been involved in many pots.

Pot = 1200

Flop = 

SB leads out with a bet of 500.

BB min reraises to 1000.

What do you do?

Hand 2

Blinds 300-600

Position BB

Stack = 10,800

Folded around to player in MP who min raises to 1200. MP player has only played a few pots and has often joined the action for a min raise.

Folded around to me in the BB who makes the call holding 

Pot = 2,700

Flop = 

I check and MP bets 1500

I reraise and make it 4000 to go. MP quickly calls.

Turn = 

What next?

Hand 3

Blinds 600-1200

Position 7

Stack = 8600

I have been moved to this table and only seen 8 hands.

Folded around to seat 6 who has a stack of c.11000. He makes it 3000 to play.

I look down and decide to make a move with  pushing all-in for 8600.

Blinds fold and it is back on seat 6. After a brief dwell he announces 'lets gamble' and flips over 

Right time to push or should i have waited for a better spot? There was 10 mins left on the clock before blinds hit the next level?

"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 03:07:48 PM »

hand 1 is a push. All the chippies in the middle. I am never folding bottom set here. AK would raise here aswell and SB could have any part of the flop.

Hand 2, I like the check raise but would have made it bigger. I reckon you will have to check the turn...unless you think he doesn't ace an Ace or Ten in which case you can push (you'd need a good readon for that one though and it's a balsy move to make and makes you look like a prat if he calls with the full house). But it's check fold or push..no other choices there

hand 3

I like the push here with any 2 cards. You could argue that the other guy was also below 10BB's and therefore should call anything if only one person reraises him though. You have a half decent hand and you need to get chips, the best time to do that is when someone other then the blinds has already stuck chips in the middle. It does depend on the sort of player he is but you only played 8 hands and didn't have a read on him.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 04:34:41 PM »

Hand 1: 3 Bet. Call an all-in with either player. there is simply nothing here they can have that beats you aside from 98 sooted of diamonds.

Hand 2: Check-fold and go have a fag.

Hand 3: I'd rather be pushing with something like 67 sooted here than something more likely to be dominated.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 04:37:46 PM »

Hand 1: 3 Bet. Call an all-in with either player. there is simply nothing here they can have that beats you aside from 98 sooted of diamonds.

Hand 2: Check-fold and go have a fag.

Hand 3: I'd rather be pushing with something like 67 sooted here than something more likely to be dominated.

hand 3 is a good point. 67 is likely to be live where as picture cards might not be.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Padrino

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 04:46:01 PM »

Thanks so far.......keep them coming!

Will post what happened on Hand 1 and 2 once their have been more replies

"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
AgentChip109

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 05:14:28 PM »

hand 1 im raisin to about 3500 total and callin any all ins that may come, if u get a call and the turn brings a dodgy card u may have to reasess but basically im not layin down

hand 2 im check folding. the ace is a horror card for u on the turn. his quick call on the flop may suggest a draw for himself, KQ or somethin like that but its hard to say or he may have AJ

hand 3 i like wot temp said. the push wit KJ is dodgy as many times u can be dominated and suited connectors are the good hands to make moves wit

Edgy811 - Party, Full Tilt, Pokerstars
stewart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 05:24:21 PM »

hand 1) im going to play it diff to the above posts because i am willing to go broke with the hand, id flat call the 1k hope the first player re-raises but if he re-raises and player 2 moves in i can make an easy pass,   where i say i am willing to go broke is if we flat call and player a also flat calls no way he is passing for another 500 with them odds, and the turn comes a blank and we get a bet and a call to us we are pushing here and gl if they have made a strait or bigger set than us, if a flush comes i have to pass though

hand 2) i tend not to play QJ in the bb pre-flop, if possible but as its a min raise i would do i check-call the flop and bet out on the A turn rather than check-raise the flop it gives u 2 options on the flop its unlikely hes passing on the turn if he has hit the A he has to put u on a 10 here after check betting, u are unlikley to check-raise with the 10 here but after the stop-bet if he calls on the turn im out of the hand unless the K comes or J then im check-calling his bet only

hand 3) i wouldnt be pushing here with KJ as the other player said id rather do it with a 67 type or hand, but u need to steal a few antis id be pushing everytime its folded to me until i get enough chips to play or get a call and get lucky u have enough chips for a half decent hand to pass

bluesq : archclub vc : ericuk DTD : pokerstu pokerstars : pokerstu1
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 07:16:37 PM »

Hand 1 I'm pushing - there are hardly any cards in the pack that will not make the turn scary - so there is no value in slow-playing.  I'm happy to take the pot down or get called by hopefully 2pr.

Hand 2 - your in deep sht.  Your only hope of being ahead was KQ - and now that is beating you.

Hand 3 - Easy fold - if you are going to make a move concentrate on cutoff or button raisers and not probable genuine raises.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 08:57:38 PM »

Hand 1 flat call, anything else telegraphs your hand. Give the original better a chance to squeeze.

Hand 2 i don't check raise but if i have then i am check passing now.

Hand 3 pass, you are getting called by any 2, i dont like calling all in with KJ.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Padrino

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 09:37:52 PM »

Thanks for all the feedback.

Hand 1 i reraised to 2500 and both the SB and BB passed. Small pot won when i should be maximising hands like this.

Hand 2 i check folded after the MP bet 2500. Suspicious bet i thought seeing as it was giving me 5-1 odds. I could not see that i was ahead after the Turn, and was probably behind all the way.

RichD

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 01:49:45 AM »

Hand 1 Shove, theres all kinds of turn cards you really dont want to see and your pot commited if you 3bet or 4bet anyway! Considering the pre-flop action i'd say your miles ahead 99% of the time.

Hand 2 Check/fold it all the way. The pre-flop calls fine, but I think you can let it go on the flop quite easily as your OOP with a pretty weak hand

Hand 3  I'm always suspicious if a short stack under 10 BB's starts making little raises. He's not folding, and i'm sure you can find a better spot to open-shove as while your under 10BB's a lot of people werent far ahead of you during the 600/1200 level.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 01:52:34 AM »

Hand 1 Shove, theres all kinds of turn cards you really dont want to see and your pot commited if you 3bet or 4bet anyway! Considering the pre-flop action i'd say your miles ahead 99% of the time.

Is there no value in slowplaying a set when a raise so clearly defines your hand?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 02:30:31 AM »

Is there no value in slowplaying a set when a raise so clearly defines your hand?

1)I like both plays, but with so much in the pot already (2700) im all-in here. Min re-raise is hopefully K10/K7 material.

2) Check raising here is dangerous. Flat call imo. A the ugliest card in the world to come on turn. Shut down on turn.

3) Ur hand is too likely to be dominted. Get away.
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 06:34:43 AM »

Is it just me when a player just flat calls a bet out and re raise...to me it just screams monster...im shipping it in. Slowplayin is overrated.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 09:16:45 AM »

Hand 1: Raise to 3k
Hand 2: check/fold
Hand 3: Not when somebody has already raised and will often have you dominated. ID rather be the one doing the pushing and raking in the blinds with just about any 2 cards in the right positions.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: