blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:48:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live freezeout last night
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live freezeout last night  (Read 1544 times)
deputydawg

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2007, 09:30:41 AM »

I have c. 15000 chips and blinds are 300/600 and I'm dealt AKo on the button. I have played very few hands so far and have won every pot contested to a showdown

Player in mid position raises to 2000 for the 3 rd hand in a row (he has c14,000 chips) and has taken down the blinds the previous 2 times unchallenged

Before recounting what happened, would you
a. fold
b. call
c. raise (and by how much?)
WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 12:30:37 PM »

Raise to between 6 and 7 thousand.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 12:36:09 PM »

I have c. 15000 chips and blinds are 300/600 and I'm dealt AKo on the button. I have played very few hands so far and have won every pot contested to a showdown

Player in mid position raises to 2000 for the 3 rd hand in a row (he has c14,000 chips) and has taken down the blinds the previous 2 times unchallenged

Before recounting what happened, would you
a. fold
b. call
c. raise (and by how much?)

i'll stick a little raise in. 7-8k total.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
deputydawg

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 12:45:27 PM »

I actually raised to 6000, he then thought for a while, said he was probably miles behind and then went all in.

Do you call or fold?
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 12:50:45 PM »

I actually raised to 6000, he then thought for a while, said he was probably miles behind and then went all in.

Do you call or fold?

I knew this would happen and I don't like it. The bit of speechplay doesn't do anything for me doesn't put me off and doesn't make me think I'm miles ahead. I'm taking him for a pocket pair (probably lower then kings) If I feel like he might have less than that and I'm willing to race (which I very likely am) then I call. If I take him for Aces or Kings I fold but that would not just depend on what he's done over the last coulpe of hands but during the entire tourney.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
hotdog
snap

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 01:09:38 PM »

lol it is to hard to say what he has but i dont think from what u have said that you are miles behind.

your 50 50 or he has ace q or similar
maxward

WSOP ME 2007

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 01:09:59 PM »

I call preflop, you have position and any reraise serves to commit you to the flop, which in fairness you most likely miss and are then left with a difficult decision. The fact he raised three times prior is irrelevant, if anything this maybe an attempt to disguise real strength, with AKo you only significantly ahead of AJ/AQ and marginal over low pairs.  His stack suggests he doesnt need to push with marginal hands. True your representing strength being solid but any hand that calls your raise is a coin toss at best. Why put yourself in that position?  

If you really want to push him off the hand then you push all in, that way AK sees the whole board, most likley connects and you just hope that he has lower ace or a pair below Kings.  Given your image I think more often than not he folds, but if he calls at least you see the board, playing AK just to the flop can leave you in bad shape with a sizeable pot at stake.

King of the river check-raise
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 01:28:30 PM »

Re-raise pre and call if he shoves
deputydawg

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 03:05:45 PM »

I called and he turned over 44

When i got back up on to my chair I saw that I had missed flop, turn and river

Perhaps next time I'll call pre flop

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 03:42:40 PM »

I called and he turned over 44

When i got back up on to my chair I saw that I had missed flop, turn and river

Perhaps next time I'll call pre flop

If you had called and flop came A74 and you stacked off to him would you have said next time i'll raise preflop?

You played the hand fine.
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 03:48:29 PM »

everything here pretty standard. you have to take your chance on the coinflips vs aggressive players.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 04:41:11 PM »

Call and use position to outplay him.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 05:10:47 PM »

I call preflop................playing AK just to the flop can leave you in bad shape with a sizeable pot at stake.

What now?

This is a clear spot to re-raise and pickup 3k, once you re-raise thought you can never pass.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
maxward

WSOP ME 2007

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 05:15:53 PM »

I call preflop................playing AK just to the flop can leave you in bad shape with a sizeable pot at stake.

What now?

This is a clear spot to re-raise and pickup 3k, once you re-raise thought you can never pass.

Of course you can pass but considering a reraise will most likley dicipate your stack and price you into the action, all for the speculation of collecting £3k, it seems a bit too far fetched. I stand by my initial comments, chopping and taking them out of context doesnt do justice to the point i dont think.

King of the river check-raise
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 05:23:15 PM »

What now?

If LAG wants to move AI with small pp's i think you get a bigger and safer edge playing flops v him. V more abc player re-raise works out fine.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: