blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 06:25:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Anyone with a farm?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone with a farm?  (Read 3513 times)
zelda

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2007, 11:59:49 AM »

Would you be willing to give a few hens the chance of life and peace?

Brighton Animal Action needs our help!

>>> They have the farmer's permisson to liberate 13.500 free range hens who
>>> will reach their 72 week egg laying period in April. They've done it
>>> before in Brighton: in 2005 they liberated 4000 hens in 2days. This time
>>> they want to take all the hens to a new life and spare them from the
>>> slaughter.
>>>
>>> They have 6days to take out the hens and after those 6days the slaughter
>>> van will pick up the ones that are left. So we need to help them so that
>>> those slaughter vans will leave empty!

I know its a longshot, but I thought I would try...

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 12:31:32 PM »

In my younger days living abroad we used to keep chickens!!

1,500,000 give or take the odd one or two......

sponsored by Fyffes
Colonel Sanders
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 12:34:14 PM »

May'be I can be of some assitance Ma'am.

Finger Lickin Good
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 12:34:23 PM »

lol, just as i was typing my reply i swear there was someone looking at this thread by the name of colonel sanders!!

What he would want with chickens though is beyond me - he wouldn't know what chicken was if it jumped up and pecked him on the nose!! Cheesy

sponsored by Fyffes
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 12:34:49 PM »

darn these slow typing monkey fingers!!

sponsored by Fyffes
zelda

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 12:36:43 PM »

Sad Sad
brummieboy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 03:07:59 PM »

ROFL
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 03:19:47 PM »

I have two chickens at home already, I don't have space for 13,000 more I'm afraid.

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 03:20:30 PM »

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 03:36:43 PM »

I was once following a truck when a crate fell off and burst open spilling 5 chickens on to the road. These chickens didn't even have the sense to duck as cars whizzed past, they just stood there blinking in the light.

I started to gather them up, (they didn't run away) and managed to grab the 3 that didn't get run over. Back at home, I made them a makeshift pen and turned them loose, they were the sorriest sight you could ever wish to see. They had almost no feathers, they didn't know how to scratch the soil or how to peck corn from the floor, they would only eat and drink from a hopper, they didn't even know how to walk.

Slowly, over the course of a few weeks, they started to look and behave like real chickens, and after a couple of months they were clucking and laying like mad. It was one of the most satisfying things I ever saw.

The older I get, the better I was.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 03:37:43 PM »

I was once following a truck when a crate fell off and burst open spilling 5 chickens on to the road. These chickens didn't even have the sense to duck as cars whizzed past, they just stood there blinking in the light.

I started to gather them up, (they didn't run away) and managed to grab the 3 that didn't get run over. Back at home, I made them a makeshift pen and turned them loose, they were the sorriest sight you could ever wish to see. They had almost no feathers, they didn't know how to scratch the soil or how to peck corn from the floor, they would only eat and drink from a hopper, they didn't even know how to walk.

Slowly, over the course of a few weeks, they started to look and behave like real chickens, and after a couple of months they were clucking and laying like mad. It was one of the most satisfying things I ever saw.

bet ya they were tasty though, right?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 06:29:06 PM »

Fell off the back of a truck........ Roll Eyes

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2007, 07:58:27 PM »

Fell off the back of a truck........ Roll Eyes

lmao

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 09:02:43 PM »

FYP

Are you sure they were chickens Tom?

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Nursey

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 11:02:58 AM »

Hhhhmmmmmmmmmmm

How on earth did we get from welcoming me, to justice fighting for chickens hehe.  I can't come to bb4 because I'm out the country on work tsk tsk. Change the date change the date Smiley

And TIKAY...............BIT ON THE SIDE................well I never, I thought I was the love of your life Sad

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: