blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:21:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273115 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  EPT Grand Final - Monte Carlo: Day 1A - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EPT Grand Final - Monte Carlo: Day 1A - Interactive  (Read 80406 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2007, 11:21:29 AM »

Hi Jen, Floppy and Sloppy. 

All the very best for what is sure to be another great update for us lucky blondes.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2007, 11:30:11 AM »

Well, we're up, which is always a good sign, and will be heading down to the cardroom in 30 minutes or so to sort out our press creditation and set up station.

This is where we'll be going - a nice little (well, huge) cardroom at the back of the hotel complex. To the right of the giant dandelion (where I'm sure plenty of people will be swimming on drunken jaunts back from the cardroom) and in front of those flags is the entrance to the building. Then, it's a quick stroll down the right hand side into the cardroom, which, compared to last year's facility, which was also in this building, is even bigger to cater for the masses of players expected to be playing this event.

And for those of you who remember last year's playing area - well, that's the press room this year, so there ought to be plenty of space.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2007, 11:35:24 AM »

Of course, what would an EPT update be without a quick shower check? Well, initial signs are good, I tested it out this morning and the power is medium to high, which is jus tright for me. Nice and big too, so that's another thumbs up. Also, it's very sittable, so, if you fancy, you can sit down and relax whilst the water spashes down on you.

I give it 4 Beagles out of 5.

However, as nice as the shower is, it's also opposite the toilet, so anyone who fancies a quick number two whilst you are showering will have the pleasure of watching you giving yourself a rub down and cleansing all those nooks and crannies. No need for a magazine rack here!

What is rather odd, and I've noticed this in a few European hotels recently, is that there is a telephone next to the toilet. What's this for?? Okay, obviously for calling people, but why's it next to the loo? Is that in case you run out of toilet paper?! the mind boggles...
andyep

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2007, 12:04:58 PM »

Hi Snoopy , Could you keep us up to date on Ian Nelsons progress and tell him Andy the cabbie who dropped him off at manchester airport is watching and good luck Smiley

Keep up the good work Smiley
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 12:08:18 PM by andyep » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2007, 12:05:41 PM »

Golly gosh, the wireless card for my computer has gone kaput. Eek!  Shocked

Not to fret though because, as you can see, I am posting, so I must have gained access somehow, and I have indeed in the form of my nice new shiny Mac. Clever me bringing a back up!!

However, I'm very rusty with Macs and wanted a bit more time to become accustomed to it so...

... just ignore this photo (Jen wants you to ignore it too, funnily enough), it's just me making sure I can upload them before kick off starts, which, incidentally, is 2pm our time, 1pm yours.

See you soon, peeps!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 12:10:47 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2007, 12:17:06 PM »

PETEL JUST TEXED ME HE PLAYS 2DAY,TAKE IT DOWN BABE.
rudders

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2007, 12:18:12 PM »

love the pic jen!

If you could keep us up to speed with the welsh lads- Martyn C, Iwan, Roberto, ouday, Alan D etc . Thanks guys

Blonde Roshambo champion 2007
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2007, 12:34:02 PM »

Wow, that was the easiest press accreditation EVER - just waltz, in, say name, gain access to all areas.  The tournament this year is in a different, and altogether more spectacular room, which must double as some kind of ballroom, complete with glowing blue dancefloor, mirrored walls, amazing view out and apparently removable ceiling.

Yes, I was delighted to know that the roof comes off(!) and should it be sunny and delightful (which it is) I am going to be lobbying for some natural sunlight.  We press are actually in the area the tourney was in last year, but it's now not quite capacious enough for the 700-odd runners. 

meds

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2007, 12:34:53 PM »

Hi Jen and Snoops, I would just like to say it was an honour to report alongside u 2 legends at Cardiff, and I'm realy looking forward to these updates. Could you if possible keep an eye on team badbeat, I know chris "zim" Smith is playing today.

best of luck and enjoy Monaco.........

May The Flop Be With You
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2007, 12:43:19 PM »

Hi Snoopy , Could you keep us up to date on Ian Nelsons progress and tell him Andy the cabbie who dropped him off at manchester airport is watching and good luck Smiley

Keep up the good work Smiley
Will do m8, already spotted him last night. Gary Shaw is here too, another Liverpudlian I think, don't think he's playing the Main Event though after crashing out in last night's satellite. Still, plenty of great side events on this week.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2007, 12:44:49 PM »

Hi Jen and Snoops, I would just like to say it was an honour to report alongside u 2 legends at Cardiff, and I'm realy looking forward to these updates. Could you if possible keep an eye on team badbeat, I know chris "zim" Smith is playing today.

best of luck and enjoy Monaco.........

Do you have a photo of him, meds, just in case we don't get hold of a player list.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2007, 12:46:03 PM »

Snoopy searching for divine intervention...

A giant pink pig in a shop window...

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2007, 12:51:16 PM »

I've noticed this in a few European hotels recently, is that there is a telephone next to the toilet. What's this for??

Order one of the undercooked burgers and in about 12 hours, you'll know what it's for.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2007, 12:59:41 PM »

At least 30 or 40 people still trying to register right now, including Steve Vladar and Jani Sointula, I'm thinking we could be delayed at least another half hour...

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2007, 01:03:43 PM »

Drum roll please...

Introducing the GUKPT Cardiff Champion...

Dusk Till Dawn's Michael Greco! 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: