blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:33:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274191 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16731 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  EPT Grand Final - Monte Carlo: Day 1A - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EPT Grand Final - Monte Carlo: Day 1A - Interactive  (Read 83962 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2007, 02:26:44 PM »

Some of you blondeites might recognise this Mateyboy as Dusk Till Dawn's Dave Colclough. Just the two Dusk Till Dawners today (Carlo being the other one), so I guess they'll be a foreboding force tomorrow.

Not much action from Dave as of yet, he's currently on 13,500 and looking pretty unmoved. Seems quite quiet today, so maybe he was on the booze last night as most of the hotel were.

Also on his table are online whiz kid Christoffer Stahle and GUKPT Walsall and Poland EPT finalist, John 'The Rockstar' Conroy.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2007, 02:30:24 PM »

Father of Dan Smith, is this fellow, Chris Smith, who has trundled over to Monte Carlo with a team of 8 that includes John Conroy and Richard 'Strummer' Herbert.

He's had a good start today with 18,950.

Just across the way is Dave Clayton, and I just saw the both of them check down a three diamonds board.

Chris announced Ace high ( ) saying it can't be good enough, and he was right, one of the other limpers taking down the small pot with Q-J.
mad m3

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2007, 02:32:50 PM »

hi matt me and nick slade on our way down to luton airport in a big hummer limo
should be hitting monte carlo about 8pm
ps gourlay is playing today
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2007, 02:35:27 PM »

Something tells me that I am the only photographer to go to Julian Thew's table and take a picture of him before than anyone else, because seated opposite is the charitable Mr Greenstein, reserved as usual and slumped over the table in that slightly ill looking manner that many of you will associate with him.

Julian: "No movement as of yet, have 14,700. Can't really Yoyo anymore with two kids, need to be sturdy and reliable."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2007, 02:37:01 PM »

No drama from Nottingham Gala's Pete Linton (15,300), although he looks very happy and is in supremely confident mood.

Could be a dark horse perhaps?
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2007, 02:37:06 PM »

Are you sure Lodden's sandwich isn't on the way out???

Great to have you there for us gang.

Is Paul Gourlay playing today?

Yes - he's right by the door so it should be easy to track his action.  Currently looking relaxed - I wonder why...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2007, 02:38:43 PM »

Hello, do you know if Devilfish is playing at all?
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2007, 02:39:35 PM »

hi matt me and nick slade on our way down to luton airport in a big hummer limo
should be hitting monte carlo about 8pm
ps gourlay is playing today
Sigh..... gl boys x
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2007, 02:41:38 PM »

No drama from Nottingham Gala's Pete Linton (15,300), although he looks very happy and is in supremely confident mood.

DEFINATLY,I THINK HES GOING TO HAVE A GREAT YEAR,HOPEFULLY THIS WILL KICKSTART IT.
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2007, 02:42:29 PM »

Wish good luck to Paul g, and Thewy from me please.

Thank's for the superduperwooper updates thus far 
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2007, 02:43:04 PM »

Big hand reported to me now - resulting in an early elimination - It was watched by this perma-ring of spectators round Greg Raymer's table, and since he's the victor in the hand that crowd will only grow during the day, making it increasingly hard to get next to the WSOP Champ.  Never mind, if I'd wanted to shake his hand I could have done so in the lift which Floppy and I shared with him this morning...

OK the hand - all the action preflop.  OutMatey raised it to 150 preflop.  Hard to realise at this point how 100x this amount is about to get into the middle, isn't it...
Greg Raymer made it 450.  OutMatey re-re-raised to 1,500.  Raymer moved in.  Call.
Raymer showed: 
OutMatey showed: 

No spiked higher pair and I find this all so improbable I am going to have to go and count his stack.  I trust my source though, so up the story goes.

b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2007, 02:44:03 PM »

DEFINATLY,I THINK HES GOING TO HAVE A GREAT YEAR,HOPEFULLY THIS WILL KICKSTART IT.

Maybe then he'll be able to buy another jumper.... scared
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2007, 02:44:31 PM »

Hello, do you know if Devilfish is playing at all?

He's definitely playing, and 90% definitely playing tomorrow.  Don't worry, I'll get lots of pictures for you, crazy fan.

littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2007, 02:45:56 PM »

Maybe then he'll be able to buy another jumper.... scared

HIS CLOTHING IS THE CONSTANT SOURSE OF JOKES,HE TAKES IT ALL WITH GOOD HUMOUR THOUGH.
I THINK IF HE WON HE STILL WOULDNT BUY A NEW ONE
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2007, 02:49:32 PM »

4-way raised pot to 150 on Julian Thew's table.

All four check.

Turn:

Checked to Julian who bets 450, the player behind him and the big blind fold, the early position raiser calls.

River:

Check to Julian, who bets 1k, he gets a quick call and Thewy mucks just as fast. The other player didn't show his hand though, which surely he must do to take the pot? No-one on the table objected either, and the other player didn't even ask to see Julian's card. (Surely if you've called, you want to see someone's hand to see what they're bluffing with?)

El Blondie just pulled me up to tell me he just won a 5.5k pot with 74 suited, "It was only the Half-Wilson though." He flopped a Seven and turned the Four. Hope you're reading this Brian... Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: