blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:39:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Too risky?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Too risky?  (Read 3362 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 04:36:33 PM »

Getting a bit snipey in here. I was basically looking for comments on one particular hand, the one I posted. The above poster believes I am a bad player based on this one hand with comments like "go back to the drawing board". I don't really get this. Been noticing this has been a theme on Blonde for a little while now seems sad that you can't post about a hand without people jumping on the bandwagon to tell you how bad a player you are.

I actually think he is doing you a huge favour by highlighting a flaw in your game that you were unaware of.

I agree with Flushy. Tempie might put it a bit harshly but he's a cranky sod so you'll have to forgive him for that. Temp is right though in what he says (upto the "learn how to play properly" part)

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
GrannyDee

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 04:48:44 PM »

Flushy comments like "learn how to play turbos properly" are condesending comments hardly advice is it? There is a difference. Why feel the need to make comments like this based on one hand. Especially strange after I make a "summing-up" post before his comments
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 05:36:34 PM »

Flushy comments like "learn how to play turbos properly" are condesending comments hardly advice is it? There is a difference. Why feel the need to make comments like this based on one hand. Especially strange after I make a "summing-up" post before his comments

It did make you take notice though!

We can all sit around the PHA campfire singing song's and hugging, or we can all grow slightly thicker skin and learn some shit (even if it means occasionally feeling picked upon)

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 05:39:39 PM »

I think GD has a point here and the folk criticising his game are well wide of the mark.  He is a consistenly good tournament player and on occasions I have seen him play he always seems to go deep no matter the level.

I'm still suprised though that he limped with Q 8 - way to loose for you mate!  I'd have passed in the BB if you called agaisnt me.  :-)

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007, 05:40:09 PM »

It did make you take notice though!

We can all sit around the PHA campfire singing song's and hugging, or we can all grow slightly thicker skin and learn some shit (even if it means occasionally feeling picked upon)

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 05:48:02 PM »

I think comments like "learn how to play turbos properly" are downright rude. He IS trying to learn, that's why he posted in the first place.

Just because it's a forum that doesn't mean you're not talking to real people.

Boldie says "he's a cranky sod so you'll have to forgive him" Why will we have to forgive him, does he have a special licence?

If everyone behaved like that in real life, there would be a lot more people walking about with teeth missing.

The older I get, the better I was.
GrannyDee

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 05:59:11 PM »

Think I will be limping on your BB more often Bandit  Grin Are you playing the cash game at Cincin's tonight?
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 06:10:54 PM »

Think I will be limping on your BB more often Bandit  Grin Are you playing the cash game at Cincin's tonight?

No mate am on an early shift all week and i have tanned all my dough after that clown put me tilt other night at the stanley.

b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 06:59:13 PM »

I have to agree with Tom- The guy was asking for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism as to the hand, and this is surely what this board is about.
Some of the responces where plain rude and will put off others asking questions, thus denying us the pleasure discecting the hands.

There's just no need.
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 07:11:54 PM »

The call pre flop really isn't that bad, that of course makes the flop call correct, on the turn once the raise comes and other guy has pushed it's a fold all the way. In the early stages of these tournaments you don't want to risk your stack, unless the pot odds are completely clear. If the 225 had been flat called by the second player there's a decent payoff if you hit, and you aren't even that bad to call and fold the missed river. Folding on the turn is the way to go here though, it has been exceptionally cheap so far, maybe you were hoping to see a cheap river card too, it's not how I would choose to play it but it's not as awful as people are making out. My personal preference playing 6 Seater non turbo on cryptos is to be pretty rocky early on, but I see a flop if the price is right there's enough nutters out there at that level to pay you off if you hit somethin big. It's not that bad, but I think the fold pre flop is probably the best option until you are really confident with ur play after the flop, don't find yourself calling all in on draws or with any hand this early unless ur pretty damn confident at this stage though.
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 07:14:43 PM »

If the second player to act just calls you have to call the turn too, but pushing again risking ur stack achieves nothing here, 1200 chips is still plenty if you miss as you probably do. SPade or 8 on the river to play it,
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: