blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:52:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Too risky?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Too risky?  (Read 3338 times)
GrannyDee

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2007, 03:59:11 PM »

$33 turbo SNG on Full Tilt. First few hands everyone is on roughly 1500 chips I receive  in the SB 3 callers and I call, BB checks.

Flop (5 players) Pot 200

check,check UTG bets 50, 1 caller, myself and the BB follow suit

Turn (4 players) Pot 400

UTG bets 225, a caller and I go all-in for about 1200 total

Is this a risk worth taking or should I be simply calling UTGs bet here on the turn?
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 04:21:35 PM »

too risky i think. His 225 bet seems quite strong.

You can just call seeing as though the pot is 625? and would be 850, but i wouldnt be overly confident if you rivered your 2nd pair.

Spadeball or 8 one time.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 04:38:40 PM »

Pass preflop. You need to play ubertight in the early stages, it's not worth messing around with very marginal hands here. You need to catch a monster flop AND be paid off, which is not worth it.

GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 04:39:55 PM »

I still can't believe you made up with Q 8 Nick - u feeling ok?

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 04:46:44 PM »

What sort of flop are you looking to hit with ?

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 05:18:47 PM »

obv

GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 05:20:34 PM »

What sort of flop are you looking to hit with ?

would be my preference.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 05:47:15 PM »

Fold preflop, yes I'm nitting it up with noflops here. Despite your massive pot odds you have to play the whole hand oop with a hand that catches a monster rarely, most of the time you get a flop like this and end up playing marginal situations and doing your chips. No offence to OP you have to be good post flop to get away with this, given your question i doubt this is true.

Ok flop call is fine its only 50 with 2pgk, utg's range with this min donk bet could be alot of things. 4 callers.

4 callers and utg leads again but bigger he has something big here just about all of the time, his min bet on the flop is a bad player slowplaying no doubt. Range here has to be two pair hands, set or 56 for turned straight. Or even worse for you  x spades, which has you in real trouble. Also this gets a flat call, which no doubt has you beat as well.

Pushing all in here is suicide in my mind, the chance of both players folding here (still bb to act as well) is small around 20% would be my guess. This is call or fold, i don't mind a call but I'm check folding any river that isn't a spade, 8 or q. As horneris correctly states don't get excited about q and an 8 or even the spade maybe no good. I really don't think folding is that bad here.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 05:55:26 PM by Longy » Logged
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 05:54:59 PM »

After watching saome of green goblins videos on cardrunners you really do appreciate how supertight you have to be at the start of these SNG's.
I agree with Floppy here and fold preflop.

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
GrannyDee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 06:05:46 PM »

Thanks for the comments guys felt the play was a bit risky myself the pot was about 1000 felt that I could win it there and then also had some outs to boot. Luckily this time everyone folded. Suprised many people looking to fold pre-flop I always assume this to be an auto-call maybe something I should consider in the future.

Thanks again.

Granny
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 02:44:21 AM »

standard PF fold.
as you called for "value" i suppose. you're only doing so PE and after the flop to hit an 8 on the turn. nothing else. go back to the drawing board and learn how to play turbos properly.
GrannyDee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 09:58:18 AM »

Getting a bit snipey in here. I was basically looking for comments on one particular hand, the one I posted. The above poster believes I am a bad player based on this one hand with comments like "go back to the drawing board". I don't really get this. Been noticing this has been a theme on Blonde for a little while now seems sad that you can't post about a hand without people jumping on the bandwagon to tell you how bad a player you are. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 10:00:14 AM by GrannyDee » Logged
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 03:19:06 PM »

Getting a bit snipey in here. I was basically looking for comments on one particular hand, the one I posted. The above poster believes I am a bad player based on this one hand with comments like "go back to the drawing board". I don't really get this. Been noticing this has been a theme on Blonde for a little while now seems sad that you can't post about a hand without people jumping on the bandwagon to tell you how bad a player you are.

I actually think he is doing you a huge favour by highlighting a flaw in your game that you were unaware of.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
dan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 03:47:58 PM »

I actually think he is doing you a huge favour by highlighting a flaw in your game that you were unaware of.

Flushy, you pass preflop too?
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 04:06:42 PM »

I agree. There are many better ways of giving advise and helping.  And in no way is he doing Granny a "favour".
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: