blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:35:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  5/10nl hand
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5/10nl hand  (Read 1367 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2007, 03:52:19 PM »

I'm a tournament player really and always struggled to beat any games over 1/2nl consistently. This was the first hand of the session and I had bought in short for $500. Was this a bad move on the turn or was I unlucky just to run into the nuts? Would and better player just call and try to fill up, and then only bet big if they were sure they had the best of it. I'm Andr4w

PokerStars Game #9449503364:  Hold'em No Limit ($5/$10) - 2007/04/16 - 08:13:54 (ET)
Table 'Eos' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: bigrick32 ($1609.90 in chips)
Seat 3: groinal ($1134 in chips)
Seat 4: sciabolo ($256 in chips)
Seat 5: DrEskilstuna ($985 in chips)
Seat 7: Pablo Diablo ($799.50 in chips)
Seat 8: boavista111 ($590 in chips)
Seat 9: Andr4w ($500 in chips)
boavista111: posts small blind $5
Andr4w: posts big blind $10
ADZ124: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Andr4w [three clubs three diamonds]
bigrick32: raises $20 to $30
groinal: folds
sciabolo: folds
DrEskilstuna: folds
Pablo Diablo: folds
boavista111: folds
Andr4w: calls $20
*** FLOP *** [ ]
Andr4w: checks
bigrick32: bets $50
Andr4w: calls $50
*** TURN *** [ ] []
Andr4w: checks
bigrick32: bets $100
Andr4w: raises $320 to $420 and is all-in
bigrick32: calls $320
*** RIVER *** [ ] []
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Andr4w: shows [three clubs three diamonds] (three of a kind, Threes)
bigrick32: shows [ ] (a flush, Ace high)
bigrick32 collected $1002 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1005 | Rake $3
Board [ ]
Seat 1: bigrick32 showed [ ] and won ($1002) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 3: groinal folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: sciabolo folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: DrEskilstuna folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Pablo Diablo (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: boavista111 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: Andr4w (big blind) showed [three clubs three diamonds] and lost with three of a kind, Threes
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 04:50:07 PM »

I always lead the flop here, it disguises your hand and may induce a reraise which allows to get in on the flop.

I don't think you can get away from this on the turn alot of his range is not a flush or higher set and i probably push like you to stop a bare diamond getting odds to get there, while having redraw outs against a made flush.

The hand plays a lot differently if you lead the flop.

Caveat: I have never played this high and maybe talking drivel.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 05:33:56 PM »

I would also lead out on the flop and make anyone pay for their draw. 

WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 06:06:35 PM »

This if fine if you're only 50BB deep, you're just unlucky to run into the nuts as you say.
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 06:11:25 PM »

bigrick32 made a standard continuation bet after the flop.  Facing a potential flush draw, I would have re raised his bet on the flop to $150 and see what he would do.  A lot of players drawing for a flush will then fold but since you entered for half a buy in some people may risk gambling and push you all in.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 06:15:59 PM »

I think my concern is that I am primarily a touney player and this is a insta move in a tourney for me in many situations. My concern is that this type of move maybe costing me money in cash games, and I should perhaps be playing more carefully so I'm fairly certain to have the best hand before the money goes in.

If I was to flat call his bet on the turn (wrong move I know) and he moves in on the end would you guys still call? I'd struggle to pass I think and thats a big leak I have.
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 06:51:23 PM »

I would always lead out on this flop and then there are two things that can happen. He flat calls, in which case you can be alot more wary of the diamond on the turn and perhaps get away from it. He reraises, in which case you stick ur chips in ahead and when u calls you laugh all the way to the bank, except in this case.
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 07:00:25 PM »

bigrick32 made a standard continuation bet after the flop.  Facing a potential flush draw, I would have re raised his bet on the flop to $150 and see what he would do.  A lot of players drawing for a flush will then fold but since you entered for half a buy in some people may risk gambling and push you all in.

no one in the history of poker has ever folded a flush draw online

As for the hand, I really dont like a lead here because of OP's shorter stack. I think you played it fine
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 07:44:34 PM »

As for the hand, I really dont like a lead here because of OP's shorter stack. I think you played it fine

Hmmmm, are you really saying that there is not one person who plays online poker that recognises pushing on all flush draws is EV- and has never folded a flush draw? 
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »

Hmmmm, are you really saying that there is not one person who plays online poker that recognises pushing on all flush draws is EV- and has never folded a flush draw? 

spot on
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 05:03:40 AM »

At the risk of sounding patronising- and believe me im not, did you stop and think about what he could be holding on the flop and most importantly the turn.

By not re-raising on the flop you commit the mortal sin of giving a (effectively) free card then marrying a non-nut hand. If you are flat calling on that flop i put most good players on a draw. Therefore when the turn comes the draw card, he's not going to bet big again with something like 10,8. He wants to play a big pot. For my money, if you dont re-raise on the flop, you HAVE to be prepared to fold on the turn.

Incidentally if you re-raise on the flop it all goes in anyway.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: