blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:01:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand of the week 30th April
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand of the week 30th April  (Read 6029 times)
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2007, 03:43:29 PM »

On the river, I think you really have to flat call if you have chosen to flat call the turn.

I would not have raised pre-flop, that was piss poor.  Cheesy

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2007, 03:47:58 PM »

3. I think it's very tough to put the big blind on anything (as there was no rasie pre-flop apparently)

I doubt he has a hand a hand such as QJ, T9, QT and so on coz he would have just checked behind. The river bet either has you beat, or it is a stone cold bluff.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2007, 12:43:58 AM »

1. Would you play the flop/turn any differently? If so, how?

I'd prefer to check raise the flop. I don't like betting out because if you're called, you're out of position on two streets with not the biggest of stacks.

2. What are the advantages/disadvantages with this check/call strategy?

I don't like it. You're working off guesswork and ought to find out where you stand earlier on. There's a good chance your opponent has nothing, but it's costing you a bet on every street to find out.
3. What sort of hand do you put the big blind on?

Because of the way the K-2 has played the hand, I think it's impossible to know because he's made no attempts to really try and educate himself about the strength of his opponent's hand. It's all a tad passive for my liking. Although I think there's a decent chance he's bluffing here, I think most of the time you'll be behind to something like two pair.

Having got to the river and played it like you have, I think you have to call and hope. Doesn't make sense to check call the previous streets if you plan to fold at the end, especially with such a raggy card hitting the River.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 12:47:31 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2007, 03:43:39 PM »

Does Rookie or anyone else know whether there was a raise pre-flop??

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2007, 03:47:25 PM »

Does Rookie or anyone else know whether there was a raise pre-flop??

Im not even going to bite.....................

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH what the hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE WAS NO RAISE PREFLOP!!!!!!!!

HI HELEN!
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2007, 07:31:30 PM »

I am reasonably certain that there was no raise pre-flop now so back to the hand...

If you call the river bet you will have check-called over half your stack with King deuce. Whatever the outcome I am not happy with playing like this under tournament conditions. Do you call the river bet?....well you have to. If you thought you had the best hand flop/turn you have to call. The deuce was very unlikely to have improved our hand on later streets so it was just a question of showing down top pair and hoping it's good. It is a bit of a blind call though because like Boldie says, we have scant information here with which to make a decision.

If I do play this hand I would probably use the 1000 turn money to check-raise the 400 flop bet. At least you will get an idea of where you stand.

The only information we have about our opponent's hand is the BET AMOUNTS.

Flop...bets the pot. Personally I discount a big hand here e.g. straight, set or 2 pair.

Turn...bets about the pot. Still think he's got 1 pair..(or nothing) and wants me to go away

River...about half the pot?

So he's wanting to push me out of the pot on the flop and turn but offers me a far better deal on the river than I got on previous streets. A half price call so to speak...why?

My inclination is one pair flop and turn with the 6 making 2 pair on the river....so something like K-6 or Q-6. This is why the check-call mentality is a dangerous choice in tournament play. Of course it could be that he has nothing and just looses his gumption to pot it on the river...but we wouldn't know because we haven't asked him a decent question throughout the hand.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2007, 10:38:22 PM »

So he's wanting to push me out of the pot on the flop and turn but offers me a far better deal on the river than I got on previous streets. A half price call so to speak...why?

It was a value bet, & I did not want to lose my customer.......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2007, 10:43:35 PM »

i was watching the hand, being on the same table

I thought you looked uncomfortable throwing in the last bet. That combined with the reduced size of bet relative to the pot certainly got me thinking about whether it was a true value bet or something that had to look like a value bet to make him pass, if you like

Personally, I liked the idea of check call on flop and lead on turn line from yr opponent

The way he played it, I think has to call the river, eyes closed,

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2007, 11:23:10 PM »

i was watching the hand, being on the same table

I thought you looked uncomfortable throwing in the last bet. That combined with the reduced size of bet relative to the pot certainly got me thinking about whether it was a true value bet or something that had to look like a value bet to make him pass, if you like

Personally, I liked the idea of check call on flop and lead on turn line from yr opponent

The way he played it, I think has to call the river, eyes closed,

That was my reverse psychology - my patented "I look uncomfortable" bet when really I am extremely comfortable, designed to elicit a call, see?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2007, 02:12:28 AM »

Well you got your customer, very well played sir!

HI HELEN!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2007, 02:38:58 AM »

Well you got your customer, very well played sir!

True - but keep schtum on the outcome until it's revealed please!

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2007, 02:58:26 AM »

Posted by: tikay

It was a value bet, & I did not want to lose my customer.......

You will have to show me a hand now though. I figure...you didn't loose me as a customer with a pot-sized bet on the flop...you also didn't loose me on the turn with a big bet when the 3 hit. There are 4 suits and no draws on the board now but I still call. You must know I have a hand from the flop....and a hand that is strong enough to call pot-sized bets. So this information tells you that a bigger bet may be called. So why go smaller now?

Either way you have to call the river. Nothing has really changed from earlier streets and you have called bigger % bets then, so call and not be surprised either way at all.

For example it wouldn't surprise me if you show 10-J for the flopped nuts and came out betting it strongly. Once you had got your "customer" you couldn't loose. But this is the danger of playing hands like K-2 and check-calling with them.

Best strategy fold pre-flop.

If you do call I would check-raise the flop to get some definitive answers.

On the end you must call and get it spectacularly right or see what a pig's ear you've made of it!!

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2007, 03:04:16 PM »

The reveal is now up here:

http://www.blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/9548

Feel free to post your comments/thoughts here.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2007, 03:29:49 PM »

I think if he's going to bet that River on a bluff, he needs to bet more.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2007, 04:37:38 PM »

Absolutely Snoops. The river bet was like a dying man taking his last breath.

Once the turn has been called (signifying a made hand) Tikay must push.....or check and hold his hands up.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: