blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:37:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  pickle
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: pickle  (Read 922 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2007, 12:20:26 PM »

£100 Freezeout, live

I hit the final table with 53,000 out of 180,000 in play. This is not a fairy story.

On my left is a young lad, completely unknown to me having been on other tables all night, with 33,000

rest of stacks all under 25,000

I am ready to rumble

second hand of final, folded to me in SB

Blinds 800-1600

raise to 5,000 with  , just to see lol

the young BB insta-calls

10,000 in pot

flop

well now, lets go for the old semi bluff, bet 7,000

he insta pushes all in for 28,000 total

Marvellous

So we have a pot of 45,000 and its 21,000 back to me getting over 2-1

If I call and lose I have 20,000 and I am back in the pack but its retrievable

On his range of hands:

- spades
- top pair
- any pair
- two pair
- two high cards no pair

tell me whether I have the odds to call this please. It took me quite a while to do this in the heat of battle.

Do you call?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 12:39:39 PM »

Yeah you justabout have pot odds to call here. Assuming he has something like AK of spades for instance.
You need to hit, you have 12 cards to hit with if he's on a FD (your 5 and 7's would put you ahead against the FD, if he doesn't have the 6)  and the 6 remaining non spade 4's and 9's to give you the straight. 35 cards left 12 outs so roughly 2-1.

If he has a Q you have 8 cards to hit for the straight..making you a 3-1 dog (not taking into account a runner runner 7 or 5).

BTW..don't like the raise from the SB into an unknown on the BB much...this is the sort of situation that can lead to massive amounts of trouble. If you know the BB I understand the raise.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 03:15:54 PM »

Yeah you justabout have pot odds to call here. Assuming he has something like AK of spades for instance.
You need to hit, you have 12 cards to hit with if he's on a FD (your 5 and 7's would put you ahead against the FD, if he doesn't have the 6)  and the 6 remaining non spade 4's and 9's to give you the straight. 35 cards left 12 outs so roughly 2-1.

If he has a Q you have 8 cards to hit for the straight..making you a 3-1 dog (not taking into account a runner runner 7 or 5).

BTW..don't like the raise from the SB into an unknown on the BB much...this is the sort of situation that can lead to massive amounts of trouble. If you know the BB I understand the raise.

You have to put him on a hand here. If he has AKs i run away like a little girl, you only have 6 outs.

a) i cant believe you have posted this. LOL

b) a player as good as you with a short stack folds.

i call.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 04:15:19 PM »

You mangled this pretty bad.

You are not getting the £EV to call the push, chips diminish in value and all that.

If you insist on raising this pre flop and happen to hit this flop then i would check, get your free card or check raise all in.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 04:22:07 PM »

Tighty is just advertising that he is a 7-5 LAG.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 04:30:09 PM »

I'd fold mainly because you lose too much leverage.. its probably Cev++ to call, I'd guess its probably even $ev+ to call, but if so its only a minute amount, and the loss of leverage when you lose and go down to ~10bb isn't worth it when you can fold and retain a much more playable stack instead of having one move.

riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 05:11:31 PM »

If you are going to raise with this rubbish what kind of flop were you looking to hit if you don't want to put your money in now? Personally i could not have left myself this decision because had i made the same preflop play i am either pushing, betting pot/over betting pot hence any extra call is minimal or check raising/taking free card if bet doesn't come.
In the situation you have got yourself it doesn't really matter what he is holding your outs are highly likely to be 8 in most situations. 6 if you are unlucky and it is some kind of flush draw or pr and flush draw combo, you are only getting 2/1 on about a 3/1 shot but it's a chance to lock the comp up and stampede all over the final table i justify a mathematically bad call in this scenario.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 03:47:49 PM »

Overbetting the flop? Iv never understood why you would want to do this.

Ur compounding the error rather than rescuing a bad situation.

Pass all day long.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: