blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:28:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Odd socks? you think you've got problems!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Odd socks? you think you've got problems!  (Read 6324 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: October 08, 2005, 12:18:55 PM »

I used to buy damaged and broken Land rover gearboxes and sell them on to a reconditioning firm. You could buy them at a considerable discount if you were prepared to remove them yourself, so I spent quite a lot of time in scrap yards or on farms, lying under Land rovers covered in grease and old sump oil

Removing a Land rover gearbox is a horrible job, especially when you have to do it outdoors in the winter, working with no ramp and as often as not, having to lie in a puddle or a patch of nettles. The underside of a Land rover is always coated with many years worth of mud and cow shit and once you have chipped your way through this you expose hundreds of rusted nuts and bolts, all put in places designed to make it near impossible to get a spanner on them, you have to be a cross between Einstein and Quasimodo, when you did get the spanner on, it would slip off again when under full pressure, My hands looked like they belonged to a kamikaze mousetrap tester

One particular day I was removing a gearbox but Olaf the Uncomfortable, the spirit that inhabits all Land rovers, just didn’t want me to have it, the vehicle had no wheels, so I had to jack it up to get underneath and major accident damage had wrapped the chassis around the gearbox like a greedy child’s hand around the one toffee he can’t cram into his mouth

The rain was coming down in sheets and little rivulets ran down my collar, along my back and out through my trouser leg as I lay on my back beneath the Land rover, I was cold, wet and miserable, my hands were bleeding and I had bumped my head so many times it looked like a shillelagh, when suddenly I started to feel little jabs of sharp pain all over my body, especially the nether regions, I lifted my shirt and saw to my horror that I was covered with ants

Within 0.5 of a second, I was running around the scrap yard doing a fantastic impression of Michael Flatly’s river dance and flinging my clothes in all directions, I didn’t stop until I was completely naked and had slapped every ant from my body

Sanity returned, and with it the realisation that perhaps I might look a bit silly, standing in the middle of a muddy scrap yard in the rain, without a stitch on, covered in oil, and sporting cuts, bruises and hundreds of rapidly swelling red spots, I looked around anxiously and was relieved to find I had the place to myself, then I noticed the grim, world weary face of an old security guard peering at me from the grubby window of a wooden hut, he showed no emotion, save for slowly shaking his head from side to side

Quickly I started to gather my clothes. Disaster! During my panic driven striptease I had flung my trousers into a large galvanised container obviously used as a receptacle for old sump oil and as I stared at them aghast they slipped beneath the surface of the black glutinous mess

What could I do? I fished my trousers out and after squeezing as much oil from them as possible I put them on. Fortunately I had almost finished removing the gearbox and was soon ready to go

On the way home I stopped to buy some cigarettes, and I happened to notice a posh little gentlemen’s outfitters with a ‘Sale now on’ sign in the window, I didn’t fancy the 60 mile drive home in oil sodden trousers, so I popped inside

The sales assistant, a ‘Mr Humphreys type character, listened with wide eyes and open mouth as I recounted my tale of woe and asked him for a pair of his cheapest trousers, 34 waist. “We have these, £5.99” he said, wrinkling his nose and guiding me away from the merchandise to a sheet of newspaper that he had placed in the middle of the floor, and he offered me a pair of white, yes white corduroys.
“Can I put them on now?” I asked, he agreed but refused to let me use the changing room and instead stood by the window holding his coat open as a screen
“Do you have any scissors?” I enquired, noticing that the trouser legs extended past my feet and several yards along the carpet, he loaned me his scissors and I cut off the trouser legs

I observed my handiwork in a long mirror, Mr Humphreys looked on from behind, the white trousers were now a sea of black fingerprints and while one leg was still a little long, the other terminated just below my knee. I hummed and ahhed, did a couple of twirls, sighed and hands on hips declared, “Naaa, I don’t think I’ll Bother”

The older I get, the better I was.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 12:21:56 PM »

PMSL .....  fantastic

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 12:24:21 PM »

As usual I got all excited when I realised this was another Red special, so I settled myself down with my cold coffee, and hankies up my nose.

You cheered me up no end!

Fantastic one AGAIN Tom!

Heid
xx

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 12:26:58 PM »

GREAT story! And he still wears the oil-soaked trousers to this day.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 12:38:55 PM »

bloody fantastic story red!!!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 12:46:27 PM »

Classic   thumbs up

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Nem

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 12:49:29 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin GrinPMSL Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 12:51:41 PM by Nemesis » Logged
TheJagster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2005, 12:53:40 PM »

Another fantastic 'Jackanory' from the master    Cool

26. Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2005, 12:59:21 PM »

you really must write a book RED , it would be a best seller thumbs up

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2005, 01:10:53 PM »

Back on form...superb stuff !

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2005, 01:21:17 PM »

There is a complete change in the atmo on blonde today - wonderful!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2005, 02:53:21 PM »

Considering there's a new Wallace & Gromit film out...

"CRACKING POST, RED-DOG!"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2005, 03:01:07 PM »

"Dad, why are you crying?" says my six year old!! (with laughter)

priceless stuff RD, thanks!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2005, 03:20:07 PM »

After finally "clearing" the forum, I saved this thread to read till last.  Moved myself into the kitchen to read it in peace......

ROFL!!!! Worth the wait and the move, very funny as usual Red!!! thumbs up

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Trace
21/01/07 18:33:11

Mrs Fielding to be!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2005, 03:27:37 PM »

pmfsl

nice one red

you're a real  red star

Liberavi animam meam
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print