blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:48:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  look for a better spot?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: look for a better spot?  (Read 2553 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 07:43:10 PM »

Cambo soon as i see hiim reaching for chips i insta call infact you cant bet mine are in the pot first.

Was it the young boy looks like he's just out of school?  The play you describe sounds like a mug I came up against a few weeks back there was a raise re-raise and an all in and he called with A2 for 85% of his chips claiming to be going for a flush pre-flop.  Only  for his A to hit on the turn and crush my KK!

lol - next time though!

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 07:51:38 PM »

I think its very marginal, a good arguement could be made either way.  Yes you are a favourite in the percentages and will have plenty of chips left if you lose and be in great shape if you win but as soon as I see Billy saying he insta calls Id fold.  Although ur favourite you're still behind and have to hit, if you give this guy more chips it could be tougher to get them from him if he has a bigger stack.  Also, if he;s such a mug you'll get his chips anyway, no need to race like this if you have a clear edge IMO

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 08:05:47 PM »

I think its very marginal, a good arguement could be made either way.  Yes you are a favourite in the percentages and will have plenty of chips left if you lose and be in great shape if you win but as soon as I see Billy saying he insta calls Id fold.  Although ur favourite you're still behind and have to hit, if you give this guy more chips it could be tougher to get them from him if he has a bigger stack.  Also, if he;s such a mug you'll get his chips anyway, no need to race like this if you have a clear edge IMO

Have to agree, calling when you are confident you are favourite getting 1.37-1 is pure madness, have your head checked!

Back in the real world, your edge on a field is never big enough for you to pass this, no matter how good you think you are.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 08:13:39 PM »

If you're favourite, you're favourite.  Whether you have to hit, or are already ahead is irrelevant.  The hand is done when all five cards are on the board - and if you're favourite to be ahead then, you're favourite to be ahead.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 08:27:33 PM »

Have to agree, calling when you are confident you are favourite getting 1.37-1 is pure madness, have your head checked!

Back in the real world, your edge on a field is never big enough for you to pass this, no matter how good you think you are.
And back in the real world he got his money in on a draw and lost.....

BTW-I probs call too (after having a dig at Billy the fish), if the guy is as big a mug as Cambo says then he's likely to double you up when you are ahead rather than drawing for it if you decide to fold.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 10:54:50 PM »

lol.  I fold.
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2007, 11:47:26 PM »

Boba, hows the Dominos training coming along?

The money goes in on this flop, no question, no doubt in my mind, flushy's, Kin's, Phil Gordons, Doyle Brubsons and Daniel Negraneau, Read a poker book and see.

Even Lou Krieger aggrees al the money goes in here!

Mug!!

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 08:50:17 AM »

[And back in the real world he got his money in on a draw and lost.....

The thing is whether he is drawing, or whether he already has a "made hand" is completely irrelevant. The fact that he's a favourite (or at least, that he thinks he is) is what's important.

Anyway, as it was played out this is an easy call. However, surely a check/raise all-in is the best way to play this hand? It's unlikely to get checked around (and even if it is, then you can't be worried about giving away a free card) and this play gives you a good deal of fold equity too.

Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 08:53:30 AM »

If you're favourite, you're favourite.  Whether you have to hit, or are already ahead is irrelevant.  The hand is done when all five cards are on the board - and if you're favourite to be ahead then, you're favourite to be ahead.

Sorry. My first sentence repeats what kinboshi said. I had missed his comment.

cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 02:42:22 PM »

cheers for the feedback lads

bring back Fergus! and the bandit! free the glasgow 2!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: