blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:51:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  look for a better spot?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: look for a better spot?  (Read 2584 times)
cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2007, 02:12:45 PM »

£15 tourney with 1 rebuy and a top up. 7k chips to start with 11k for the rebuy and 15k for the top up blinds 100/200 to start with then 200/400 etc 30 min levels everyone takes there rebuy/top ups after an hr.

2nd hand into the 400/800 level im sitting above average with 52k chips. im on the bb with  . 3 limpers utg utg+2 and the sb.

i check flop comes . i make a 2/3rds of the pot size bet after the sb checks. utg folds then utg+2 moves in for 24k sb folds

now the guy whos just moved in is the worst player at the table -hes just got lucky on the last hand to hit a miricle set on the last card hes callin with 88 with 3 overs on flop and called a big turn bet aswell .

id lost count of the amount of times he limped in with a raggy ace then check called all through the streets only to have the worst hand as i said he only has chips at all cos of the last hand.

this hand i put him on ace 7 -8-9 maybe a10 some shitty ace anyway

from an odds point of view if he has what ive mentioned above im a slight fav well maybe not with a10 but should you call here for half ur stack ? im thinking ive got any jack any king any queen any club.

whats been seving me well recently is refusing to flip for a decent portion of my chips until the blinds get big enough in the past id happily race for half my stack with ak v jj half way through a touney but ive been finding it much more profitable just to keep building from small pots and from when im massive fav.

after a bit of thought i called and he turned over ace jack which stood up. any thoughts on the play? hes deff gonna donk his chips off at some point would you take the gamble against this player at this stage?

2 hands later he put me out with kq when i had 2 red kings 4 spades on the board 50p

thanks

bring back Fergus! and the bandit! free the glasgow 2!
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 02:35:16 PM »

you put your chips in the pot mate, if you have him on a shitty ace, then you are a favorite to win with the outs you have,

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 02:45:19 PM »

thats what im saying im not fav its 50/50 would you still call with the cards face up against this player?

Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 02:53:07 PM »

thats what im saying im not fav its 50/50 would you still call with the cards face up against this player?
#

eh? 

if you have him on Ace 7 - 9   you have 17 outs! with 2 cards to come you are 57% to win here, ship em in!

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 02:57:15 PM »

with him having ace jack hes a slight fav 1 0r 2%

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 03:00:02 PM »

With the money already in there, are you getting the right odds to call?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 03:01:35 PM by kinboshi » Logged

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 03:02:03 PM »

Yhe but you said your read was for Ace 7 - 9, not ace jack, and even if he has ace Jack I still call as you only lost 1 out.  His Jack helps you as youmake a straight and he has 2 pair,

Cambo, you have the royal straight Flush draw with a pair and a live card, all the money is in here. insta call.

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 03:06:40 PM »

With the money already in there, are you getting the right odds to call?

am i tho ? theres 8k in the pot after my bet on the flop and its another 21k for me to call, im pretty shit with odds

cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 03:09:30 PM »

Yhe but you said your read was for Ace 7 - 9, not ace jack, and even if he has ace Jack I still call as you only lost 1 out.  His Jack helps you as youmake a straight and he has 2 pair,

Cambo, you have the royal straight Flush draw with a pair and a live card, all the money is in here. insta call.

i still dont know if it was the right call against this certain player against a better player or even against the same player at a later stage id make it instantly. i was just thinking about being able to run the table and go chip leader in the tourny

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 03:11:59 PM »

What sort of flop do you want to see with  ?  Surely this isn't far off the best flop for you.

You lose this, and you're still in with plenty of chips to play with.  You win, and you're in an even stronger position.  You're not a huge dog to any hand, and you're favourite against many.  You have to call.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 03:16:18 PM »

im just questioning my play against this player cos hes donking off chips left right and centre and taking a 50/50 with him so early in the tourney might not be the best strategy as there will deff be more favourable situations to come percentage wise

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 03:36:48 PM »

im just questioning my play against this player cos hes donking off chips left right and centre and taking a 50/50 with him so early in the tourney might not be the best strategy as there will deff be more favourable situations to come percentage wise

Assuming someone doesn't get there first.

He could be drawing dead with a lower fd.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 04:37:39 PM »

Absolutely and positively made the right call,
1) You are getting the odds to call,
2) You have hit what can only be the sort of flop you would want to see with your hand (pair, nut FD + nut SD!)
3) And your playing against a very weak opponent who could have shit.

Even if you donk off half your stack you will still have +30BB's with the blinds at 400/800.
Get it in there you mug  thumbs up
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 04:39:45 PM by KingPoker » Logged

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
dime

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 04:53:31 PM »

I think if you were calling off all your chips here it would be a hard choice but as you still have a nice stack left if you loose and given the player your up agaisnt I agree there is no point holding back here. Its one of the those chioces you feel stupid when it dosen't come off but a king when it dose, you just have stop yourself from making any stupid mistakes when your stilli in the game but lost a big hand.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 05:23:00 PM »

Hate the chip dynamics here. But to fold is a sin.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: