blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:02:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand of the Week - 14th May
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand of the Week - 14th May  (Read 3157 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2007, 10:56:13 PM »

I agree with Boldie and doubleup.

Greenstein's opponent has played so badly here he has forced his opponent to lay down a set of queens...A SET OF QUEENS....How has he managed not to get paid? If this player invests little or no thought into his moves then it would be no surprise to see a beaten hand at showdown.

An over-excited bluff is far from impossible. So surely there is enough doubt to call with this hand?

Don't forget that Greenstein has shown absolutely no indication that he is strong enough to call this bet, so to push on the end is just rank bad play. The sort of player who would move all-in with K-K on the river perhaps?

Of course his check on the A-high flop after his re-raise pre-flop was a complete botch-up and it just got worse from there. Whilst A-A is a possibility, and was in fact my initial inclination, there is a much, much wider range of possibilities. So whilst I'm aware A-A is out there it is not a big enough demon to stop me calling here...my god...what are you supposed to be waiting for?

Greenstein checked the flop. He concealed the strength of his hand...his opponent pushed...as planned...and then he folded? If he puts his opponent on three Aces then calling the turn bet must be one of those famous Greensein charitable donations!

Betting the flop must get better quality information than calling the turn?

To then say that the all-in on the river clearly indicates the strength of the hand is not feasable in my eyes. Our...clearly American opponent...could very well play A-K...or kings...or jacks etc...in the very same manner.

Surely an opponent who plays this badly is not going to show us the nuts every time?

« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 11:23:56 PM by MANTIS01 » Logged

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: