blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:43:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272623 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Brighton GUKPT: Day 1A - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brighton GUKPT: Day 1A - Interactive  (Read 28040 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2007, 01:10:21 AM »

This is Dan Owston, (Undisputed on Blonde), he has 13.3k. And only one shoe on. (Bad leg, not crazy superstitions).

Flushy's stack. You people at home have NO IDEA how much I want to give it a little nudge...

Meanwhile, Mel Judah just c/raised all-in for about 8k in the face of a 2k bet on a board, his opponent eventually mucking.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2007, 01:13:46 AM »

Elvis is OUT.

I'm not making any puns about it. I've heard about 2 million in the cardroom. Suffice to say he's not in the tournament. Happy? Good.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2007, 01:36:10 AM »

I think, from left to right, we have Nik Persaud's nose, Dave Colclough, Mad Marty Wilson and Evil Elvis (actual name Paul Astaniotis) who kind of steals any multiperson photo.  Well, you do when your outfit involves rhinestones and you're not on stage in a Nashville nightclub. 

Elvis has, unfortunately, left the building a fair while ago now...

Actually, if I may make so bold as to dare to correct Lady Mason, the gentleman's name is "Pol" Astaniotis, & is the partner of one Sam Day. An architect by profession, he lives in north London.

Had a good run in the Paddy Power Irish Open, getting paid with quads & a House, eventually finishing 69th for €3,500. No other serious form of note, other than being a steady casher at Equal Chance, in Walthamstow, & being a Pub League Champion.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2007, 01:39:15 AM »

Pab is OUT.

Paul Parker makes it 3k from the cut-off with 6k back. Mo Muse shoves for 17k from the small blind. Pab goes into the tank and eventually pushes, covering Mo by just a few hundred. Paul Parker passes

Muse:

Pab:

Flop:

Turn:

River:

A 40k pot, yikes.

Pab went out next hand with 9-8 vs K-3.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 01:46:14 AM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2007, 01:41:40 AM »

Could you wish Glynn Rees all the best please

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Bubble

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2007, 01:46:01 AM »

This is Dan Owston, (Undisputed on Blonde), he has 13.3k. And only one shoe on. (Bad leg, not crazy superstitions).

Flushy's stack. You people at home have NO IDEA how much I want to give it a little nudge...

Meanwhile, Mel Judah just c/raised all-in for about 8k in the face of a 2k bet on a board, his opponent eventually mucking.

Wish "Mad Dan" all the best from us all in Wales.  Great updates...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2007, 01:49:06 AM »

the gentleman's name is "Pol" Astaniotis, & is the partner of one Sam Day. An architect by profession, he lives in north London.

Greek! I like Greeks. Especially ones bearing gifts.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2007, 01:49:51 AM »

Richard Ashby, Bambos and Mad Marty (far right), all have fairly largish stacks.

The last two GUKPT winners, sitting next to each other.

Paul Parker talks himself out of playing the hand after Mo and Pab have both pushed.

Those Quads...

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2007, 01:50:15 AM »

the gentleman's name is "Pol" Astaniotis, & is the partner of one Sam Day. An architect by profession, he lives in north London.

You'll never have any plates left though!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2007, 01:51:00 AM »

Especially if it's Uzo. 

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2007, 01:52:35 AM »

SOS for DTD's DC -

Small blind Dave Colclough may have, according to tablemate Karl, been thinking about raising, but big blind neighbour Josh Gould apparently talked him out of it, so they saw a limp-check flop of:  .  Dave checked, Josh bet 600 (min bet).  Dave raised another 1,000, and pretty swiftly after that got raised a further 2k.  El Blondie then performed what is technically referred to as the chunk bet, whereby you just pick up a chunk of large denom chips, such as to cover or commit your opponent, and quickly place it over the line.  But Josh was happy to go all-in with his - Dave could only watch as his slowplayed stayed behind as the turn and river emerged .

Still on around 20k, though, even after losing the 15k or so in this pot.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2007, 01:56:52 AM »

You'll never have any plates left though!

They could be bringing extra plates as a gift.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2007, 02:05:42 AM »

Flushy and Praz just got in a big pot. Flushy checked called a 3k bet from Praz on an A-9-2 rainbow board before check/raising a 4k bet on the Jack turn for another 7.5k. Praz passed eventually after a long dwell and the clock being called. Flushy did say he'd tell us later what he had but would prefer if it wasn't reported until after the tournament, (or he busts out).

So the guessing game begins...

Answers on a postcard please.

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2007, 02:09:49 AM »

Roberto Romanello seems, at this late stage of the day, to have gotten going, chip-building wise and chatwise... Trying to watch a hand going on on the table next to him (Jeff Rogers taking out Fabio Esposito's short stacked with his ) but all I could hear was:
"Why didn't you call me then, what did you have?"
"If you f***ing listen, I said I can't call..."
"Swearing now - I thought we were mates!  I thought we had something there..."
and then...
"But I did have Aces!  Next time I am going to show you.  I am."

I have no idea what was going on there to start these minirants but it must have been interesting.

gasman

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2007, 02:11:34 AM »

Flushy and Praz just got in a big pot. Flushy checked called a 3k bet from Praz on an A-9-2 rainbow board before check/raising a 4k bet on the Jack turn for another 7.5k. Praz passed eventually after a long dwell and the clock being called. Flushy did say he'd tell us later what he had but would prefer if it wasn't reported until after the tournament, (or he busts out).

So the guessing game begins...

Answers on a postcard please.

or 
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: