blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 04:39:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272985 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Brighton GUKPT: Day 1A - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brighton GUKPT: Day 1A - Interactive  (Read 28615 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2007, 06:01:31 PM »

Any sign of that player list yet?

No.  We've had one table break, and our original paper list had 11 extra names on it who weren't actually in any seats.  Best not to copy out that one as a whole table's worth of inaccuracy is not something we want to broadcast...

If there's anyone in particular you'd like updates on, however, let us know and we'll go and find them. Smiley

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2007, 06:06:15 PM »

Jeff Nathan makes a good call on the river, with the board standing:  Two Clubs .  He had been check-calling down (although the turn went check-check) and he found a 3k bet at him on the river.  After a bit of a pause, he called with - that was good.

Meanwhile it's not been plain sailing for Flushy - after about 20 minutes of the first level I saw him lurking by Pab's table...he was saying:
"I've flopped two sets and I'm down 2k.  Explain how that happened?"
Pab replies, "It's because you play so bad."
"I even folded set over set," Flushy carries on as if he were the partially deaf one.
"On the turn?"
"No, there I called to hit quads."

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2007, 06:09:38 PM »

Any updates on Karl Mahrenholz, Praz Bansi, Chaz Chattha, Jim Kerrigan, James Akenhead?

Cheers thumbs up

Pictured are Karl and Praz, newly sponsored Blue Squarers... don't know about the other two, but I did see Mr. Kerrigan earlier.  First break chip counts coming at the, er, first break.

James is playing tomorrow. Karl and Jim are still around their 10k stacks. Chaz is down to about 8k, Jim meanwhile was badgering me to get a picture of Vicky Coren sucking on a piece of rock...
Praz just lost a pot to his nextdoor neighbour Flushy, Praz bet 1.5k on a board, Flushy called and another player passed. Praz checked the river but then paid off a 1.5k from Flushy's . (Here's a photo of both, mwahahah, two birds, one stone, no problem.)

Anyone want a last longer between One-Hand Rumit and Dubai?

Stuart Fox re-raises Ian Woodley's initial raise to 650, and then bets 1k after Woodley checks on the board, getting the latter to pass.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2007, 06:13:54 PM »

Finally, Michael Greco, Roberto Romanello, Paul Parker, Stuart Nash (going for a risky Pink shirt) and Richard Ashby are all on a table together. A table of mind-blowing nerve-jangling battles... A table of clashing personalities desperate to win at all costs...

A TABLE OF................................

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2007, 06:16:59 PM »

Meanwhile it's not been plain sailing for Flushy - after about 20 minutes of the first level I saw him lurking by Pab's table...he was saying:
"I've flopped two sets and I'm down 2k.  Explain how that happened?"
Pab replies, "It's because you play so bad."
"I even folded set over set," Flushy carries on as if he were the partially deaf one.
"On the turn?"
"No, there I called to hit quads."

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Queen of Hearts

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2007, 06:20:23 PM »

Finally, Michael Greco, Roberto Romanello, Paul Parker, Stuart Nash (going for a risky Pink shirt) and Richard Ashby are all on a table together. A table of mind-blowing nerve-jangling battles... A table of clashing personalities desperate to win at all costs...

A TABLE OF................................

Ouch!!!!!!

Glad I don't play poker 
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2007, 06:22:33 PM »

Roberto vs Richard should be interesting!!!!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2007, 06:40:31 PM »

Dubai is OUT. Kings into not one set, but two...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2007, 06:41:36 PM »

Pab and Flushy are both on about 12k, JP is 17k, hit a set and flopped a nut-flush. (In separate hands, he's not that good!)

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2007, 06:46:14 PM »

Dubai is OUT. Kings into not one set, but two...

While Jon Raab diligently inputs the whole field's counts - a few from table ex-Dubai:

Billy Ngo    3,600
Rumit Somaiya  17,000
Barny Boatman  13,850

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2007, 06:51:07 PM »

Hartwith in 'Disgusting' Hand Shocker:

Young Jules Adamson (sat, now, next to similarly Poker Verdict attired Neil Channing after the latter's table broke) just informed us that he'd been involved in the "sickest hand of the tournament," and that was only level two...

He got involved in a family pot (yes, all nine players limping preflop) holding .  The flop came Two Diamonds Two Clubs.  The small blind bet out 300, Jules flat called, and the rest of them got out of the way.
Turn:    The small blind bet 700, Jules upped it to 2,300 and found, to his delight, a raise of a further 3k (leaving his opponent 3k behind).  Wanting to assure that the rest of the stack went in, he flat called, and then in it went on the river.
His hand was no good against the two spades at that point, though.  Down to 5k from an early 17k...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2007, 07:00:10 PM »

Roberto vs Richard should be interesting!!!!

Here's that table in full, and if you can't quite see that flash of orange... it's Paul Parker, twisting a full yogic 180 degrees to carry on a conversation with someone on the table behind him.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2007, 07:04:20 PM »

Aside for Christine - the Tour Manager Himself wishes you a "happy birthday... Mum"...have a neon smilie courtesy of the update team -   

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2007, 07:05:00 PM »

With Paul Parker and Stuart Nash together, we only need someone dressed head to toe in yellow to make a life size version of a packet of Double Dip.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2007, 07:11:23 PM »

Just visible in the above photos featuring Roberto and Paul is the back of a stripey shirt belonging to Rupom Pal, a promising young player (first go at the GUKPT) who's not really done anything interesting so far today, apart from see an A-T-K flop with A-T when two others had the old Q-J and get off lightly.  9k, but worth keeping an eye on...

« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 07:39:49 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: