blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:21:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Moorman1 Full Tilt $1k QQ decision
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Moorman1 Full Tilt $1k QQ decision  (Read 2387 times)
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 11:53:39 AM »

The problem with pushing now is that it will allow our opponents to play perfectly i.e the worst we will get called with is AK.

I doubt that the first player has AA but he could have KK.  I thnk his range is JJ+ or AK.  Second player TT+ or AK.  I would call and fold on a flop with an Ace or King.  On any other flop hopefully the 2nd player c bets and the first folds and I go AI, if he has AA or KK nh gg.

Why not shove preflop then if you are looking to c/r all in anyway?!? You get AK to fold to your shove anyway.

HI HELEN!
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 01:54:47 PM »

ur beat beat beat, its a fold.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 02:50:18 PM »

Still don't like the flat call here. What sort of flop will be good for us?

If we press the queens on a non A or K flop then we get A-K to fold...true, but on a non A or K flop I would much sooner have all the chips in the middle already.

Why wait to see if you get outdrawn by A-K? If A-K wants to catch one of his 6 outs then he should be asked to pay in full pre-flop. With the extra value in the pot Q-Q vs A-K is a good gamble for us.

If the flop comes low and raggy calling pre-flop means we are committed anyway. A-A and K-K still get our money, as does any set or 2 pair that we allowed in here.

So folding or pushing are the only options. By not re-raising pre-flop we don't necessarily have any quality information about Skill Game's hand and so can't say with any confidence that he has us beat. The first player's flat call into a potentially multi-way pot with significant action already leads me to also discount a hand that beats us. Re-squeesing here seems like the best play based on the information we have.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2007, 11:09:11 AM »

Still don't like the flat call here. What sort of flop will be good for us?

If we press the queens on a non A or K flop then we get A-K to fold...true,

yes and that's a good thing because the A or K could come on the turn or river and that's you properly F'ed and thinking to your self "Why didn't I just flat call and get him off the hand on the flop?"

I can't fold here...Simply don't like it..but a push is the worst possible way to play this hand this early in a big tournament. (in my humble opinion)

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2007, 04:11:13 PM »

I agree that this situation is far from desirable, particularly so early. But the reason we are faced with this tough decision is because we flat-called the original raise. I think re-popping the original raise pre-flop gives everything far more clarity. I also think spending 480 chips to re-raise, define the quality of your hand, and hopefully isolate one opponent with Q-Q, is a better use of tournament chips than flat-calling the 480 chip bet into a multi-way pot.

In this hand when the action gets to Skill Game he bumps it up to 480. This is 4x the original raise when there is only 300 chips in the pot. I consider this to be a bit of an over-bet and he is looking to buy the pot. So I think I am ahead of him.

The second guy's flat-call could signify strength or relative weakness, it's hard to say. I am inclined to take a gamble here and say he's got a pretty hand but not a monster. There are now 1,140 chips in the pot and I can re-raise both of these guys for a further 2,040. I think that there is a realistic chance that both could fold and I take the pot risk-free...I definitely think Skill Game will fold.

The problem I have is that Skill Game having 10-10/J-J and the other guy having a big suited ace fit the action perfectly and if the flop comes 2-5-10 it's game over. In fact, whatever the flop comes it is very unlikely that I am going to improve...so why do I want to see a flop?...and give these guys a chance to catch up!

I may get called by A-K, and he may catch an A or K on the turn....true. But if you offer me the chance to pay 2,040 to play Q-Q Vs A-K for a 5,580 chip pot with no A or K on the flop I would take that gamble in a second. If there is no A or K on the flop A-K goes away...not good really...and I only take a pot that I could realistically have taken pre-flop, but without the risk.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2007, 07:22:40 PM »

I'd push. You're only worried about Aces and Kings, but there are plenty of weaker hands that will call, especially because you haven't previously represented anything big. Also, there's some dead money in there.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: