blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:47:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  You'll never walk alone
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: You'll never walk alone  (Read 10745 times)
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2007, 10:54:45 AM »

Would have been a travesty if a team as average as Liverpool had won it 2 times in the space of a few years. I'd be willing to bet they won't make another final for at least ten years!

They beat the 'best' teams in Europe to reach the final both this year and in 2005. 

The Liverpool side is about 3 players short of being a very good side.  I'd be very willing to take your bet about them reaching a final in the next 10 years.  How much were you thinking?

They beat them with their unique style of anti football. lol sorry have to disagree with 3 players short of being a very good side. I make them 6 players short! Only Reina Agger Carragher Gerrard and Alonso (Mascherano has potential to make 6 class players) any good.... average full backs... rubbish wingers and category B strikers.

The league is the best inication and they rarely finish within 20 points of first!

10 year bets aren't much fun ... i'll make a bet they won't finish within 10 points of first in the premiership next season!

I'll take that bet £100 ?

Sure its a deal :-)

nice one looks like you caight yourself a mug lol

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2007, 10:56:17 AM »

shouldnt this thread be in the betting and football discussion forum?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?

im sure if a crewe or preston fan had posted it here it would of been moved instantly!

come on mods get your finger out! stirthepot

I was going to move it, but then you posted this & I thought "Hey, a chance to bug ITB" 

lol GFY   

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2007, 11:12:52 AM »

shouldnt this thread be in the betting and football discussion forum?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?

im sure if a crewe or preston fan had posted it here it would of been moved instantly!

come on mods get your finger out! stirthepot

I was going to move it, but then you posted this & I thought "Hey, a chance to bug ITB" 

lol GFY   

Came back to do it and a more conscientious Mod had beat me to it Wink

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2007, 11:15:48 AM »

Paradiso is a slacker.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2007, 11:33:08 AM »

I knew it should have posted here, however as the match was about to start i felt gd was ok.

Unlucky to the better team, and it's nice to see the anti lfc squad out in force to gloat... It never ceases to amaze me how it's 'luck' when a team who someone dislikes gets to a major final.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2007, 12:00:40 PM »

I knew it should have posted here, however as the match was about to start i felt gd was ok.

Unlucky to the better team, and it's nice to see the anti lfc squad out in force to gloat... It never ceases to amaze me how it's 'luck' when a team who someone dislikes gets to a major final.

Not a problem & no bother to move it later.

Thing about "luck" is that Liverpool have recently failed to hit the heights in their league, so any achievement in the cups is tainted by the belief that they're punching above their weight. Add to that the non-champions in the "Champions League" debate on whether they (or any other 2nd/3rd/4th teams) should be contending & there's a lot of room for scepticism over Liverpool appearing in the final.

As for the game, it went how I thought (and didn't bet  Roll Eyes ), Liverpool contended better than I expected, but didn't test Dida enough.

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2007, 12:07:48 PM »

True enough Rod, but I think on performances alone you cannot say Liverpool were lucky to get to the final this year. Two years ago we got lucky about 4 times over the campaign to win it - not even Liverpool fans will deny that. This year we've been one of the best two teams in it quite clearly.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2007, 12:16:52 PM »

What a load of crap, second worst game of the season after the FA Cup Final.

You were watching the TV? I was fixated on the waitress underwear.......

It was all worth it though to watch James pay out €400, lol.

never realised till now that M3 is a pool fan!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2007, 12:31:09 PM »

Thing about "luck" is that Liverpool have recently failed to hit the heights in their league, so any achievement in the cups is tainted by the belief that they're punching above their weight. Add to that the non-champions in the "Champions League" debate on whether they (or any other 2nd/3rd/4th teams) should be contending & there's a lot of room for scepticism over Liverpool appearing in the final.

As for the game, it went how I thought (and didn't bet  Roll Eyes ), Liverpool contended better than I expected, but didn't test Dida enough.

There are a lot of people who think that Milan shouldn't have been in the Champions League at all!!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2007, 02:13:14 PM »

There are a lot of people who think that Milan shouldn't have been in the Champions League at all!!

Agreed.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2007, 03:11:03 PM »

Could have been a Liverpool v Celtic final.  That would have been a hell of a rendition of YNWA.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2007, 03:16:56 PM »

Could have been a Liverpool v Celtic final.  That would have been a hell of a rendition of YMCA.

sponsored by Fyffes
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2007, 03:18:24 PM »

Could have been a Liverpool v Celtic final.  That would have been a hell of a rendition of YMCA.

We could bring this back.....

Monkey tricks
NEXT time your granny tells you what a kinder, gentler world it used to be, show her this hard-to-believe letter published in another newspaper this week: "I'm 83 and during the Second World War you could walk down Buchanan Street and listen to the bonny pipers. I especially enjoyed hitting the monkey'. A piper had dressed a wee monkey as Hitler and for a farthing, you could give him a good skelp with a stick."

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2007, 03:21:50 PM »

Monkey tricks
NEXT time your granny tells you what a kinder, gentler world it used to be, show her this hard-to-believe letter published in another newspaper this week: "I'm 83 and during the Second World War you could walk down Buchanan Street and listen to the bonny pipers. I especially enjoyed hitting the monkey'. A piper had dressed a wee monkey as Hitler and for a farthing, you could give him a good skelp with a stick."

Shocked

scared

sponsored by Fyffes
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2007, 04:03:58 PM »

Would have been a travesty if a team as average as Liverpool had won it 2 times in the space of a few years. I'd be willing to bet they won't make another final for at least ten years!

They beat the 'best' teams in Europe to reach the final both this year and in 2005. 

The Liverpool side is about 3 players short of being a very good side.  I'd be very willing to take your bet about them reaching a final in the next 10 years.  How much were you thinking?

They beat them with their unique style of anti football. lol sorry have to disagree with 3 players short of being a very good side. I make them 6 players short! Only Reina Agger Carragher Gerrard and Alonso (Mascherano has potential to make 6 class players) any good.... average full backs... rubbish wingers and category B strikers.

The league is the best inication and they rarely finish within 20 points of first!

10 year bets aren't much fun ... i'll make a bet they won't finish within 10 points of first in the premiership next season!

I'll take that bet £100 ?

Sure its a deal :-)

Some positive news for M3boy.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=468312&CPID=8&clid=14&lid=2&title=Rafa+plans+major+changes

Rafa Benitez is wasting no time reflecting on Liverpool's UEFA Champions League final defeat, as he has confirmed there will be a number of changes at Anfield this summer.  The Spanish tactician is planning an overhaul of his squad and he has confirmed Dutchman Boudewijn Zenden will be allowed to talk to other clubs, while Mark Gonzalez is on the brink of a move away from Merseyside.

Benitez has already shown the door to Robbie Fowler and Jerzy Dudek and he is intent on bringing in his targets as soon as possible.

"We must not waste this moment," said Benitez. "We must move quickly to sign our number one targets.

"If we wait we will be chasing the players who are second and third on our list. We need to change the structure of the club on and off the pitch.

"We must make progress, and make it now to take us up two or three levels straight away.

"There will be several players leaving," he added, with Gonzalez tipped to join Real Betis. "We will wait for offers.

"We have a deal nearly completed for Gonzalez and I have told Bolo that he can talk to other clubs. We know the situation we have now."

Benitez is convinced he will have the backing of owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

"I have been told by the new owners that they will back my plans," he said. "But when you look at the champions Manchester United spending £20million on a midfield player, and we have been paying just £8 to £9m for our strikers, you know what must be done.

"We must spend big and spend now. Our fans know what we need to do and so do I. We need to pay the price needed for each position."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: