blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:41:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  You'll never walk alone
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: You'll never walk alone  (Read 10740 times)
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2007, 04:21:12 PM »

Would have been a travesty if a team as average as Liverpool had won it 2 times in the space of a few years. I'd be willing to bet they won't make another final for at least ten years!

They beat the 'best' teams in Europe to reach the final both this year and in 2005. 

The Liverpool side is about 3 players short of being a very good side.  I'd be very willing to take your bet about them reaching a final in the next 10 years.  How much were you thinking?

They beat them with their unique style of anti football. lol sorry have to disagree with 3 players short of being a very good side. I make them 6 players short! Only Reina Agger Carragher Gerrard and Alonso (Mascherano has potential to make 6 class players) any good.... average full backs... rubbish wingers and category B strikers.

The league is the best inication and they rarely finish within 20 points of first!

10 year bets aren't much fun ... i'll make a bet they won't finish within 10 points of first in the premiership next season!

I'll take that bet £100 ?

Sure its a deal :-)

Some positive news for M3boy.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=468312&CPID=8&clid=14&lid=2&title=Rafa+plans+major+changes

Rafa Benitez is wasting no time reflecting on Liverpool's UEFA Champions League final defeat, as he has confirmed there will be a number of changes at Anfield this summer.  The Spanish tactician is planning an overhaul of his squad and he has confirmed Dutchman Boudewijn Zenden will be allowed to talk to other clubs, while Mark Gonzalez is on the brink of a move away from Merseyside.

Benitez has already shown the door to Robbie Fowler and Jerzy Dudek and he is intent on bringing in his targets as soon as possible.

"We must not waste this moment," said Benitez. "We must move quickly to sign our number one targets.

"If we wait we will be chasing the players who are second and third on our list. We need to change the structure of the club on and off the pitch.

"We must make progress, and make it now to take us up two or three levels straight away.

"There will be several players leaving," he added, with Gonzalez tipped to join Real Betis. "We will wait for offers.

"We have a deal nearly completed for Gonzalez and I have told Bolo that he can talk to other clubs. We know the situation we have now."

Benitez is convinced he will have the backing of owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

"I have been told by the new owners that they will back my plans," he said. "But when you look at the champions Manchester United spending £20million on a midfield player, and we have been paying just £8 to £9m for our strikers, you know what must be done.

"We must spend big and spend now. Our fans know what we need to do and so do I. We need to pay the price needed for each position."
dont river me dont river me dont river me
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2007, 05:19:10 PM »

The Spanish tactician is planning an overhaul of his squad and he has confirmed Dutchman Boudewijn Zenden will be allowed to talk to other clubs, while Mark Gonzalez is on the brink of a move away from Merseyside.

Hallelulah

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2007, 05:23:46 PM »

Fighting talk from Rafa!

You need to get left mid sorted as Zenden is pisch & Kewell is a girl. Alonso flatters to decieve for me but Mascherano could be top drawer. Pennants not the answer at right mid & neither is Stevie G obviously (get him in the middle!)

Lack of real quality up front as well.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2007, 06:52:48 PM »

It's also come out today that we tried to hijack Pompey's bid for Distin at the 11th hour. Looks like Hyypia is off then.

BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2007, 07:21:21 PM »

Pompey have got a great player in Distin , and for free , he could play in any team in Britain imo , top quality defender.

is it cold in his shadow ?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2007, 08:29:50 PM »

It's also come out today that we tried to hijack Pompey's bid for Distin at the 11th hour. Looks like Hyypia is off then.

Hyypia has been a legend and a great servant to the club.  I hope he gets a decent pay-day and a chance to play for a team he wants to play at. 

He owes Liverpool nothing, and we owe him a lot of gratitude.  Houllier's best signing by far.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
whufc65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2007, 09:51:48 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Unwanted-Tour-Bus_W0QQitemZ140121598204QQihZ004QQcategoryZ18307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheesy
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2007, 10:07:53 PM »

LOL.  Bad piece of photoshopping though.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2007, 11:43:09 PM »

Hyypia has been a legend and a great servant to the club.  I hope he gets a decent pay-day and a chance to play for a team he wants to play at. 

He owes Liverpool nothing, and we owe him a lot of gratitude.  Houllier's best signing by far.

The Hyypiator is a legend.
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2007, 11:48:49 PM »

Jamie owes Hypia everything!

Without him, he would of stayed a donk imo
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2007, 11:54:32 PM »

The Spanish tactician is planning an overhaul of his squad and he has confirmed Dutchman Boudewijn Zenden will be allowed to talk to other clubs, while Mark Gonzalez is on the brink of a move away from Merseyside.

Hallelulah

does that mean we can have "that annoying little shite" Bellamy back up here then ?

Of course this is linked to the rumour that he has recently become a property owner in the G71 postcode area...

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2007, 11:59:56 PM »

I've been hearing Villa on the grapevine.
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2007, 04:21:35 AM »

liverpool need to get rid of Kewell, Zenden for a start, they are useless.

Crouch probably will go, he doesn't seem to fit with the spaniards overall style... I like bellamy as a player, but he never seems to fit in anywhere.. gerrard seems to be played OOP too often.

Get a fast striker that cares.... michael owen springs to mind, alonso seems to have gone off the boil, slide gerrard into the centre, ship pennant on the right, get a left footer (downing?) and let mascheano and gerrad control the middle. Maybe get Tevez in as well? that would be a pretty good signing.

As for defense, I still like Hypia, I guess he is past it though, the keeper is tops..gotta improve the defense somewhere. All in all Im quite hopeful of Liverpool making a resurgance next season in the league, they have dogged it for too long.  Anyone wants to book Chelsea minus 15pts and I got some action for you.

lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2007, 09:36:32 AM »

I've been hearing Villa on the grapevine.

yeah, Villa or back to Blackburn - which would be a strange one.

Part of me would love to have him back up here, but the sensible part thinks he is a "one season wonder" who gets bored easily, and would be looking for another move in 12 months time.....

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2007, 11:13:51 AM »

Would have been a travesty if a team as average as Liverpool had won it 2 times in the space of a few years. I'd be willing to bet they won't make another final for at least ten years!

They beat the 'best' teams in Europe to reach the final both this year and in 2005. 

The Liverpool side is about 3 players short of being a very good side.  I'd be very willing to take your bet about them reaching a final in the next 10 years.  How much were you thinking?

You were also 2 goals short of being champions in Europe.

I really cannot say anything nice about liverpool for 2 reasons, im a toffee and i'm sorry but i have to agree with Ben, i really dont and will not rate them until they prove themselves in the premiership!!!

And if anyone still pretends the scousers were the best team on the night then they are delusional. And how about benitez stops worrying about how to counteract the spanish style of playing and focus on the english style. Its a bit sad to see a club as rich as liverpool not competing with man u and chelsea in the english league and if he cant do it with the injection of the club owners' money next season then fans should be very disapoointed!!!! Focus on the domestic as anyway this year, everton are gonna win europe anyway!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: