blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:40:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Cold decked or avoidable?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cold decked or avoidable?  (Read 2860 times)
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 03:06:37 PM »

why are you limping behind the only guy on the table who can hurt you with a tricky hand? okay you have position on him but if you get callers behind you then it's a horrible situation.
also. i'm guessing this was some super tight table else you wouldn't be doing this right? i mean if there was a single aggressive player down the button end of the table then they'd be smart enough to raise here probably.
i think it's a simple fold because i don't want to be in the pot with this guy unless i know i have him dominated. once we're there though i'd want to raise the flop and find out where i'm at early. i think thats the crucial bit about this hand. obviously i don't mind staying involved becuase if we're playing such a hand there's no way we can fold that flop. but i think a call there is kinda weak. what are your implied odds when you don't even know what he's holding?
and the river. well. unless he had 45 aswell then there's nothing you can beat that he's re-raising with so why not just call? or maybe fold?! i can't see him limping with JJ. 88 is sort of possible but i'd still think most players wouldn't re-raise with it.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 03:19:46 PM »

and the river. well. unless he had 45 aswell then there's nothing you can beat that he's re-raising with so why not just call? or maybe fold?! i can't see him limping with JJ. 88 is sort of possible but i'd still think most players wouldn't re-raise with it.

Damn and I thought I was tight. the guy could be reraising all in with just about every set. I really don't see why you would not shove your chips in the middle here. (unless you know for a fact the guy has a higher straight and there's nothing from the betting to suggest that he made that (other than him moving all in but if you're afraid of someone always having the nuts when they move in you should take up knitting...no offense ))

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 04:21:22 PM »

he didn't raise all-in though did he... he made a donkish value bet that wasn't exactly asking flushy to fold..
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 05:53:06 PM »

You know you have 45, brilliant. Do you know what he has? A raise helps to eliminate some of the shit that eventually proved ur downfall in this hand, keeping in hands u have nice implied odds against. Ultra passive play with suited connectors doesn't get u very far. U get a flop like this and don't reraise?
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 06:16:56 PM »

he didn't raise all-in though did he... he made a donkish value bet that wasn't exactly asking flushy to fold..

fair point. my chips would still be in the middle here though. I have seen plenty people make that bet with top set

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 08:09:32 PM »

I love some of the tone of the admonishment flushy's getting here :-) :-)

"Ultra passive play with suited connectors doesn't get u very far. U get a flop like this and don't reraise?"

Quite right. What ! What !

xx

sola virtus nobilitat
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 08:10:39 PM »

I love some of the tone of the admonishment flushy's getting here :-) :-)

"Ultra passive play with suited connectors doesn't get u very far. U get a flop like this and don't reraise?"

Quite right. What ! What !

xx

yeah  i was thinking the same.

like your sig btw.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 08:15:02 PM »

By the way Boldie, agree with you that you'd have to be the type to see demons everywhere to fold .. but, think he coulda found a call to the last raise and had tuppence ha'penny left to go on and win with

sola virtus nobilitat
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 08:35:13 PM »

By the way Boldie, agree with you that you'd have to be the type to see demons everywhere to fold .. but, think he coulda found a call to the last raise and had tuppence ha'penny left to go on and win with

He jams the river though surely.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 08:40:07 PM »

You are missing the point though James.

You have entered into a pot with 4 5 against the one player that can hurt you.

I do not like the limp one llittle bit.

As for what to do on the flop/turn I cannot comment as I would not be in that position in the first place
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 09:12:10 PM »

LOL I didn't mean it to come across like that, one of the reasons ur playing 45 agaisnt this guy imo is that he has plenty of chips to give you, but if you are going to play it play it strong; at least when u flop the draw passive route is not for me.
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 09:18:10 PM »

If you are the kind of play as Flushy obviously is who likes to play hands like this at this stage and gamble with other big stacks for a shot at the win, then you can't play 45 like this is what i'm trying to say. It just makes no sense, the reason u play 45 is to win a big pot yet after the flop you play it so passively, bet - 3 bet the flop or check raise it if ur shooting for a huge stack or to take the pot. If you aren't, why the hell are you playing it in the first place Sad.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 09:24:32 PM »

I had position and thought i would try to make a near nut hand against a fellow big stack, i didnt want to raise myself out of the pot on the flop.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 10:32:23 PM »

Cold decked, and i play 4 5 suited all day wit my stack in that stuation. But thats just me and i have no wsop bracelets.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2007, 11:47:44 PM »

He jams the river though surely.

A very good point ! Last time I pose as hand analyst :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: