blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:18:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Call, Push or Fold?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Call, Push or Fold?  (Read 1906 times)
rudders

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 07:36:30 PM »

for me the important info is that the opponent is unknown to me.

I have no problem with calling a raise with this hand in the shorthanded format esp if the table is particually loose or if the original raiser is raising large percentage of hands. also you calling $4 into a $22 pot with a probable further $4 to come.

If  you knew the players you would have a better idea of whether they would bet a draw like this or the made hand. khers bet half the pot- what does this mean- not the nut str probably- and certainly looks weak possible top set. the reraise is could be the made hand- with potential  improvement or the nut fl draw ( he was the preflop raiser so suited big cards are likely). there is a slight possiblity that he sensed weakness in the bet and is representing.  You are drawing for the most part to the non nuts and would need some serious info on the reraiser to not fold( there is a player on ipoker 36 and 5 10 who I would reraise in this situation as he has history of making these big reraises where the bet appears weak- and often does not have it).

In this situation I fold- not knowing the players. But perhaps not as straight forward as some would makeout( you cant always draw to the nuts in these shorthanded games - and some of the play is so poor that  a call could be + ev)

Are you playing under a different name there? I hope i am not the aforementioned maniac.

er i claim the 5th here

Blonde Roshambo champion 2007
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 07:38:04 PM »

Definite pass. But Homer is right. 1/2$ six handed PLO on crypto is utterly utterly mental, that's a massive hand Smiley. Good fun tho!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 07:49:04 PM »

for me the important info is that the opponent is unknown to me.

I have no problem with calling a raise with this hand in the shorthanded format esp if the table is particually loose or if the original raiser is raising large percentage of hands. also you calling $4 into a $22 pot with a probable further $4 to come.

If  you knew the players you would have a better idea of whether they would bet a draw like this or the made hand. khers bet half the pot- what does this mean- not the nut str probably- and certainly looks weak possible top set. the reraise is could be the made hand- with potential  improvement or the nut fl draw ( he was the preflop raiser so suited big cards are likely). there is a slight possiblity that he sensed weakness in the bet and is representing.  You are drawing for the most part to the non nuts and would need some serious info on the reraiser to not fold( there is a player on ipoker 36 and 5 10 who I would reraise in this situation as he has history of making these big reraises where the bet appears weak- and often does not have it).

In this situation I fold- not knowing the players. But perhaps not as straight forward as some would makeout( you cant always draw to the nuts in these shorthanded games - and some of the play is so poor that  a call could be + ev)

Are you playing under a different name there? I hope i am not the aforementioned maniac.

er i claim the 5th here

Fuck, seriously who are you! I have a couple of ideas.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
rudders

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 07:59:50 PM »

MUHAHAHAAAA

Be afraid- very afraid mr horse

Blonde Roshambo champion 2007
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: