blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:57:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 552 553 [554] 555 556 557 558 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1283021 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #8295 on: April 28, 2014, 12:01:09 AM »

gl liverpool fans.  Even though it will cost me a fortune if liverpool win the league having to win 11 on the bounce to get to this spot shows what a great bet it was opposing liverpool when i did just unfortunate they have gone on the heater of all heaters.

Great is debatable
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #8296 on: April 28, 2014, 12:06:54 AM »

Just seems really results orientated analysis imo.

It is results orientated but then so is all of the "we're gonna score one more than you" stuff which is very sexy but ultimately celebrates the fact that a team is defensively poor and, for an elite team, this is a very poor defensive team that has already conceded one more goal than every premiership winner in the modern era.  All of the fluid movement and pace in the world isn't going to create many opportunities against a Chelsea team that has 9 men in the penalty box and everyone that bemoans Mourinho for doing that ignores the fact that that is very likely to get all three points against a team that, since the beginning of February, has conceded 3 goals against Swansea and Cardiff and 2 goals to Fulham and Norwich.  When that is your defence you better come up with a way to score because the chances are you aren't stopping Torres, Ba, Lampard and Schurrle. 

All that said I am not sure that I would have known what to do if I was Brendan Rodgers because he doesn't have the kind of physical players up front that you are going to need to create opportunities and space against a Chelsea team playing like that but that is a failure of recruitment.  Even City who play a similar game have Dzeko for those games when that is needed.  Irrespective I am not sure Rodgers doesn't have to take some of the blame for their defensive failings if not today then over the entire season.

They just weren't supposed to be were they're at, I'm sure he knows there defence isn't good enough but just didn't have the funds available to strengthen as was needed.

As for Mourinho, GOAT.

GOAT?

I cannot agree with that.

Even with the missing players Chelsea's starting eleven still cost more than Liverpool's

Yes, they won, but only down to one individual slipping.

They came to Liverpool with no ambition other than clawing out a 0-0 draw.

If I was Ambramovic I'd be furious.

To be GOAT you need to produce teams that not only win, but play with style, panache and adventure.

Sort of like the way Alex Ferguson set up his teams.

Mourinho is tedious bad loser who is good at eking out 0-0 draws. GOAT at that.

Hope Roman sacks him again. It's only a matter of time.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #8297 on: April 28, 2014, 12:21:52 AM »

gl liverpool fans.  Even though it will cost me a fortune if liverpool win the league having to win 11 on the bounce to get to this spot shows what a great bet it was opposing liverpool when i did just unfortunate they have gone on the heater of all heaters.

Great is debatable

maybe you think laying a team at 7/1
who then win 33 out of 36 points
 and are still odds against to win the league is bad business
 sounds like a pretty good lay to me
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: April 28, 2014, 12:23:07 AM »

It is results orientated but then so is all of the "we're gonna score one more than you" stuff which is very sexy but ultimately celebrates the fact that a team is defensively poor and, for an elite team, this is a very poor defensive team that has already conceded one more goal than every premiership winner in the modern era.  All of the fluid movement and pace in the world isn't going to create many opportunities against a Chelsea team that has 9 men in the penalty box and everyone that bemoans Mourinho for doing that ignores the fact that that is very likely to get all three points against a team that, since the beginning of February, has conceded 3 goals against Swansea and Cardiff and 2 goals to Fulham and Norwich.  When that is your defence you better come up with a way to score because the chances are you aren't stopping Torres, Ba, Lampard and Schurrle. 

All that said I am not sure that I would have known what to do if I was Brendan Rodgers because he doesn't have the kind of physical players up front that you are going to need to create opportunities and space against a Chelsea team playing like that but that is a failure of recruitment.  Even City who play a similar game have Dzeko for those games when that is needed.  Irrespective I am not sure Rodgers doesn't have to take some of the blame for their defensive failings if not today then over the entire season.

They just weren't supposed to be were they're at, I'm sure he knows there defence isn't good enough but just didn't have the funds available to strengthen as was needed.

As for Mourinho, GOAT.

GOAT?

Even with the missing players Chelsea's starting eleven still cost more than Liverpool's

To be GOAT you need to produce teams that not only win, but play with style, panache and adventure.

Sorry Keith Disagree
Knew exactly how to play it.

Mind games earlier in the week and saying he will potentially play a weekend team.
Kudos to the man.
Not everyone loves him but not everyone understands him

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: April 28, 2014, 12:47:51 AM »

As for Mourinho, GOAT.

GOAT?

Sorry Keith Disagree

Mind games earlier in the week and saying he will potentially play a weekend team.
Kudos to the man.

If you think winning football matches no matter what the style, then yes he's obv pretty good.

But if I'd spent what RA had spent, I'd want to be entertained as well as win.

Ajax, Barca, Madrid, Man United have all done it in the last 30 years.

Chelsea haven't been as successful as any of those clubs despite spending comparable money and playing infinitely duller brand of football.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #8300 on: April 28, 2014, 12:50:58 AM »

As for Mourinho, GOAT.

GOAT?

Sorry Keith Disagree

Kudos to the man.

If you think winning football matches no matter what the style, then yes he's obv pretty good.

Chelsea haven't been as successful as any of those clubs despite spending comparable money and playing infinitely duller brand of football.
Are you pissed  if He signs as the QPR manager in the summer?

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #8301 on: April 28, 2014, 12:54:10 AM »

It is results orientated but then so is all of the "we're gonna score one more than you" stuff which is very sexy but ultimately celebrates the fact that a team is defensively poor and, for an elite team, this is a very poor defensive team that has already conceded one more goal than every premiership winner in the modern era.  All of the fluid movement and pace in the world isn't going to create many opportunities against a Chelsea team that has 9 men in the penalty box and everyone that bemoans Mourinho for doing that ignores the fact that that is very likely to get all three points against a team that, since the beginning of February, has conceded 3 goals against Swansea and Cardiff and 2 goals to Fulham and Norwich.  When that is your defence you better come up with a way to score because the chances are you aren't stopping Torres, Ba, Lampard and Schurrle.  

All that said I am not sure that I would have known what to do if I was Brendan Rodgers because he doesn't have the kind of physical players up front that you are going to need to create opportunities and space against a Chelsea team playing like that but that is a failure of recruitment.  Even City who play a similar game have Dzeko for those games when that is needed.  Irrespective I am not sure Rodgers doesn't have to take some of the blame for their defensive failings if not today then over the entire season.

As for Mourinho, GOAT.

GOAT?

Sorry Keith Disagree

Kudos to the man.

Are you pissed  if He signs as the QPR manager in the summer?

Absolutely mortified.

I wouldn't go while he was in charge.

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: April 28, 2014, 01:06:13 AM »

As for Mourinho, GOAT.

GOAT?

I also don't agree.

If Ancelotti wins the CL with Real I'm not sure Mourinho's record is even the best in Europe today, let alone GOAT.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: April 28, 2014, 01:11:40 AM »

Liverpool are a better team than the 11 that Chelsea put out, if they'd played as well as they did vs City,Utd or Arsenal at Anfield they'd have have won today as well.

Both teams played a style that was expected and Liverpool were big favourites for a reason.

For whatever reason they just didn't perform today, I certainly wouldn't blame it on Rodgers.

If Gerrard didn't make the mistake it would've finished 0-0, not just his fault though, had more than enough time to resolve it.

Also, I doubt this is the end of the twists in the Title race, City 4/5 Liverpool 5/4 at most places, wouldn't be giving up just yet as a Liverpool fan.

Good post imo.

Yup
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #8304 on: April 28, 2014, 01:14:21 AM »

He certainly acted like a goat after the home defeat to Sunderland.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: April 28, 2014, 02:15:34 AM »

Liverpool are a better team than the 11 that Chelsea put out, if they'd played as well as they did vs City,Utd or Arsenal at Anfield they'd have have won today as well.

Both teams played a style that was expected and Liverpool were big favourites for a reason.

For whatever reason they just didn't perform today, I certainly wouldn't blame it on Rodgers.

If Gerrard didn't make the mistake it would've finished 0-0, not just his fault though, had more than enough time to resolve it.

Also, I doubt this is the end of the twists in the Title race, City 4/5 Liverpool 5/4 at most places, wouldn't be giving up just yet as a Liverpool fan.

Good post imo.

Yup

City should win the league this season and every season for the foreseeable future.

They have clearly the best squad and they have massively under performed.

Liverpool meanwhile have massively over performed.

Suarez and Sturridge have been unplayable this year but player for player they are a great deal weaker than Citeh.

If you've blown your chance this year, it might be another 20 years before you get another.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8306 on: April 28, 2014, 03:32:50 AM »

If Rodgers is to be criticised for the game yesterday, I'd point at Sturridge not starting. If he was fit enough to be on the bench then he could have started. If he could only play 30 minutes - make it the first 30. Then sub him.

Liverpool have gone out and attacked teams early doors. As Rodgers said, get the lead and then the oppositionhhave to come out and attack themselves. We didn't get a shot on the Chelsea goal in the first half. That was where the problem was.

Still, he's done wonders with the squad he has and the season isn't over yet. Time for another twist or two? 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8307 on: April 28, 2014, 03:33:13 AM »

Oh and congratulations to Suarez.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: April 28, 2014, 07:15:32 PM »

Good post imo.

Yup

City should win the league this season and every season for the foreseeable future.

They have clearly the best squad and they have massively under performed.

Liverpool meanwhile have massively over performed.

Suarez and Sturridge have been unplayable this year but player for player they are a great deal weaker than Citeh.

If you've blown your chance this year, it might be another 20 years before you get another.

I just don't think City are that good. Without Toure their midfield struggles. Aguero is on another level to the rest. Same goes for Kompany.

If Chelsea buy well I think they'll win it next year.

The PL is the shittest it's been for years quality wise.
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: May 03, 2014, 04:34:57 PM »

Can't wait for the everton game today best chance for us in city dropping points I still believe
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 552 553 [554] 555 556 557 558 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: