blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:46:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 550 551 [552] 553 554 555 556 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1282990 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #8265 on: April 27, 2014, 05:03:32 PM »

That is why Jose is the best. Always delivers in the big games

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #8266 on: April 27, 2014, 05:12:50 PM »

friend of mine on Facebook thinks two things:

1. Chelsea didn't win game, Liverpool lost it.
2. Chelsea are just an improved version of Stoke, playing anti-football against anyone half decent.

Interested in thoughts of LFC fans about his assessment after that game.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #8267 on: April 27, 2014, 05:13:34 PM »

That is why Jose is the best. Always delivers in the big games

16 from 18 against others in the top 4!
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #8268 on: April 27, 2014, 05:14:05 PM »

sigh

show a bit of class please.

you'd react if things like this were posted on your team's thread

we try very hard not to do rubbish on here, and the football team threads are all the better for it

to be honest i really dont see how " show a bit of class here" is remotely relevant.

surely its a bit of banter from what i presume is a utd fan.

gerrard slipped.chelsea scored.. i am gutted about the result but its not the end of the world.

being a football fan surely it is  normal to take the piss when the captain of your rivals gives the ball away and possibly loses the prem for it.

not over yet, great season whatever happens.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8269 on: April 27, 2014, 05:16:04 PM »

sigh

we try very hard not to do rubbish on here, and the football team threads are all the better for it

to be honest i really dont see how " show a bit of class here" is remotely relevant.

gerrard slipped.chelsea scored.. i am gutted about the result but its not the end of the world.

being a football fan surely it is  normal to take the piss when the captain of your rivals gives the ball away and possibly loses the prem for it.

its certainly relevant, because of our experiences with this type of stuff in the past, and where it leads to

Thanks

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #8270 on: April 27, 2014, 05:17:04 PM »

friend of mine on Facebook thinks two things:

1. Chelsea didn't win game, Liverpool lost it.
2. Chelsea are just an improved version of Stoke, playing anti-football against anyone half decent.

Interested in thoughts of LFC fans about his assessment after that game.

True of Mourinho teams in general I would say.

Inter vs LVG's Bayern. Real vs Pep's Barca.

He'll go down as a great, great manager, but I doubt he'll ever have built an all time great team when he retires. He's amazing at beating great sides though.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #8271 on: April 27, 2014, 05:20:48 PM »

My thoughts: feel sick, mourinho is a tactical genius, Everton are going to help us out.

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #8272 on: April 27, 2014, 05:22:27 PM »

sigh

being a football fan surely it is  normal to take the piss when the captain of your rivals gives the ball away and possibly loses the prem for it.

Nuff said eh?

Smiley

Tbf it's been a great run, put us into a position we probs never should have been near, punching well above our weight as Arboy mentioned. It's been a fun ride. And possibly not over yet although Yaya looks incred - they have missed him.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8273 on: April 27, 2014, 05:23:53 PM »

there was no Plan B

against most Premier League teams, you don't need a Plan B

against Chelsea set up like that, you need an option if it goes wrong

a lot of the second half it was left to shots outside the box, the occasional threat from the inside channels and that's that

same will happen in the European games next year

which is why Rodgers needs different types of players in the squad to come off the bench in these situations

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #8274 on: April 27, 2014, 05:32:25 PM »

sigh

being a football fan surely it is  normal to take the piss when the captain of your rivals gives the ball away and possibly loses the prem for it.

its certainly relevant, because of our experiences with this type of stuff in the past, and where it leads to

Thanks

please dont think i am trying to troll .

i am not.

i am struggling to see how what malt vinegar posted could ever be considered classless.

surely there are more relevant examples of "stirring" than somebody posting a meme that pokes a bit of harmless fun at gerrard slipping over.

if people in the past have got angry over such things then i suggest that they take a step back, breathe deeply, and not give a fuck about somebody making a joke about something that is, in my opinion, not even remotely classless or offensive.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #8275 on: April 27, 2014, 05:37:38 PM »

there was no Plan B

against most Premier League teams, you don't need a Plan B

against Chelsea set up like that, you need an option if it goes wrong

a lot of the second half it was left to shots outside the box, the occasional threat from the inside channels and that's that

same will happen in the European games next year

which is why Rodgers needs different types of players in the squad to come off the bench in these situations

I don't even think it was a case of no plan B.  You know how Mourinho is going to play these games, he has been doing it for ten years at the top level now.  Your plan A should be how you are going to deal with them putting ten players behind the ball yet it seemed to come as a surprise to Liverpool and they looked lost.  It is Rodgers job to come up with a plan to deal with that but he can't because he doesn't seem to have another way to play and they way they play makes it very hard for them to play against teams that don't open up and take risks.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8276 on: April 27, 2014, 06:03:34 PM »

Don't think it was Rodgers' fault today. He set the team up to go out and attack, and the players under-performed.  No shots on target in the first half, and only really started threatening later in the game. 

The players looked tired, and you know it's a desperate situation when Aspas has to come on. 

Possibly a step too far this season, but it's not over yet.  Everton could end up giving Liverpool a helping-hand to the title.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #8277 on: April 27, 2014, 06:09:14 PM »

Agree with Tighty and RedArmi to an extent.  The world and their granny knew how Chesea would play today, Rodgers should have known more than most. 

Liverpool had no cutting edge, which for them has been the difference all season they have cut teams open but when the other teams wanted to play ball but we all knew Chelsea would play with 11 men behind the ball for most of the games and they would be crude in the tackle and stop Liverpool playing their own game. 

There was no other option for Rodgers to stick by what he has done all season, he has been on record as saying that pocession is king and that if you have the ball the other team dont then they will struggle to score and although this is true.  Unless your pocession yields a goal you are in trouble as soon as the opposition stick one past you. 
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #8278 on: April 27, 2014, 06:14:14 PM »

correct me if i am wrong but if Liverpool had taken a point today their destiny would still be in their own hands. With that knowledge, and the knowledge that Jose was going to set up with 10 behind the ball and the odd counter attack, why not just set up exactly the same and take a boring nil-nil. Maybe it's not 'the Liverpool way' but it'd have been a better result than what transpired. A touch of naivety i think.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #8279 on: April 27, 2014, 06:14:24 PM »

Never looked like we were going to score.

Was never going to be able to get behind them, very frustrating that we clearly knew who it would pan out, we had the benefit of knowing how they would set up and play.

So we should have compensated with that in some manner.  It was no surprise. Weve prided ourselves on tweaking prr opponent, but today we just kept banging from distance on a clearly very closed door.

If we'd scored early, no-one says anything. But we need a different way.

Massive disappointment today, big understatement of course, but a Great season overall.

City win the league twice on goal difference potentially!

Carpe Diem
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 550 551 [552] 553 554 555 556 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: