blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:41:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 665 666 [667] 668 669 670 671 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1283150 times)
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9990 on: June 05, 2015, 12:00:08 AM »

Do we have to listen to this constant negative dribble from arboy on all things Liverpool

5-6 people have come on saying they think Milner is a decent signing. Some of which aren't Liverpool fans but he has to post his constant negative opinions no matter what others post. If he continues to post the loudest then that means he must be correct and all others are wrong.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9991 on: June 05, 2015, 12:13:31 AM »

Do we have to listen to this constant negative dribble from arboy on all things Liverpool

5-6 people have come on saying they think Milner is a decent signing. Some of which aren't Liverpool fans but he has to post his constant negative opinions no matter what others post. If he continues to post the loudest then that means he must be correct and all others are wrong.

I like him now but I wouldn't want to be committed to paying him 150 large a week when he is 33.

I think you will find i said it was a good signing.  See my quote above from a previous post.  My point was how long his contract was.  I don't know how long he has signed for.  Please stop with all negative bullshit and shouting the loudest.  I could easily have come on and said selling your young improving superstar sterling to an established top 4 side and replacing him with a past his best workhorse from an established top 4 side on more money is bad business if i really wanted to stick the knife into the scousers.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #9992 on: June 05, 2015, 12:14:51 AM »

He's only 29, fwiw.

With Tal here, in that we'll definitely see money utilised much more poorly this summer.

Agree but he is 29 with 13 years solid epl grind on his body plus all the summer events with England.  Players like him in any sport don't age well with his talent base.  He has the work of someone older than 29 on his body IMO.  I like him now but I wouldn't want to be committed to paying him 150 large a week when he is 33.

Sell him in 30 months (before the one year clause kicks in) for £10m. If the plan works, they will have a CL spot and the investment worked. Big if obviously.

He wouldn't go now for £10m with 18 months in a contract never mind in 3 years given his £150k a week salary the scousers will be paying him.  This is his pension he won't be going anywhere.

Surely Man City will have offered him a handy sum to have signed? I can't see Liverpool paying over £100k/week for him.

He is of course a good signing for Liverpool, but a bad signing for any top 4 club. Which obviously shows the decline at Liverpool
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9993 on: June 05, 2015, 12:18:26 AM »

He will be getting way in advance of £100k a week.  In advance of £150k has been discussed which was the point of my initial post as i couldn't find anywhere how long he was signing for contract wise.  I wanted to try to gauge how desperate the scousers were to lock in Milner to his pension by how much they were paying and for how many years they were paying him at the 'old' age of 29.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9994 on: June 05, 2015, 12:20:35 AM »

I like him now but I wouldn't want to be committed to paying him 150 large a week when he is 33.

I think you will find i said it was a good signing.  See my quote above from a previous post.  My point was how long his contract was.  I don't know how long he has signed for.  Please stop with all negative bullshit and shouting the loudest.  I could easily have come on and said selling your young improving superstar sterling to an established top 4 side and replacing him with a past his best workhorse from an established top 4 side on more money is bad business if i really wanted to stick the knife into the scousers.

So you don't know how long he has signed for or how much he is on but you have made 10 posts on it

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9995 on: June 05, 2015, 12:23:06 AM »

I think you will find i said it was a good signing.  See my quote above from a previous post.  My point was how long his contract was.  I don't know how long he has signed for.  Please stop with all negative bullshit and shouting the loudest.  I could easily have come on and said selling your young improving superstar sterling to an established top 4 side and replacing him with a past his best workhorse from an established top 4 side on more money is bad business if i really wanted to stick the knife into the scousers.

So you don't know how long he has signed for or how much he is on but you have made 10 posts on it

head in hands man needed.
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/winner

Just to give you an idea of reality.  Where real money talks between people who still don't think it is 1986 and king kenny is your main man and actually assess lolapool on what they really are.  You are a 33/1 poke to win the league on bf.  If you take out the fact there are millions of guys like yourself who still think you are a big club and still back lolapool blindly every year and keep the price artificially low you really are a million to win the epl next year. 

« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:27:19 AM by arbboy » Logged
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #9996 on: June 05, 2015, 12:25:48 AM »

Liverpool going down the QPR route of giving fading stars one last big payday before they retire.

Wonder how this will turn out.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9997 on: June 05, 2015, 12:31:23 AM »

Liverpool going down the QPR route of giving fading stars one last big payday before they retire.

Wonder how this will turn out.

You have no choice when you are a 'pretend' CL club who are firmly rooted in the Europa league at best spots.  The best thing for lolapool longer term is to hope someone in England wins the Champions league soon because it is not out of the question that England loses its 4th spot if current performances continue.  Then lolapool really are very unlikely to ever shop at the top tier of english/European football for many years if ever.  They are getting blown away in relative terms by their tiny stadium, their delusion about how big a club they are etc.  Just like people who don't get on the housing ladder they fall further and further behind the nine ball as their buying power gets smaller and smaller every year.

I have no hate for you.  I say the same things to Newcastle fans.  I make a living from markets being distorted by so called 'lol big' clubs who are priced according to their badge and not the reality of the situation.  It seems to me a lot of scousers could really do with a reality check if they think signing Milner to a long term deal on way in excess of £100k a week in his 30's is going to help make up the huge gulf between them and the big 4.

This signing is so much more about Milner.  It just shows where you stand in the current pecking order of the EPL picking up scraps and over paying for them in a desperate attempt to even stand still with the real big 4.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-4-finish

I will happily lay anyone 3/1 lolapool finish in the top 4 next season.  The current best price available anywhere is 11/4.  PM me if you are interested.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:39:15 AM by arbboy » Logged
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9998 on: June 05, 2015, 12:37:25 AM »

As I say the tirade continues. I haven't mention the league title champions leagues or anything else. Thanks for posting a link to tell me how to find title odds though.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9999 on: June 05, 2015, 12:40:47 AM »

As I say the tirade continues. I haven't mention the league title champions leagues or anything else. Thanks for posting a link to tell me how to find title odds though.

I wasn't here to cause a ruck as my early posts show.  You started this ruck not me.  So i might as well play to your tune.  I won't hold my breathe waiting to get knocked over by scousers wanting to take my top price anywhere in the world 3/1 lolapool to finish in the top 4.  Money talks even with scousers.  They talk a good game but when it comes to money they don't like to set fire to it.   Grin
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:44:19 AM by arbboy » Logged
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10000 on: June 05, 2015, 12:43:59 AM »

I wasn't here to cause a ruck as my early posts show.  You started this ruck not me.  So i might as well play to your tune. 

So I should just sit quiet and let you rant on about what you believe.

If someone answers you back then that person is starting a ruck. Must be nice to live in a world where only your opinion counts and can be heard.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #10001 on: June 05, 2015, 12:45:28 AM »

I wasn't here to cause a ruck as my early posts show.  You started this ruck not me.  So i might as well play to your tune.  

If someone answers you back then that person is starting a ruck. Must be nice to live in a world where only your opinion counts and can be heard.

No you should be objective like i am and see the reality not what you think is reality because you have a life long bond with a team that when you were a kid won the lot and you jumped on the band wagon to support them.  How about backing your team to finish top 4 with me at 3/1?  Rather than just talk a good game.  I back up my talk with cash.  Do you?  That is why my opinion is worth a lot more than others.  Talk is cheap.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:47:54 AM by arbboy » Logged
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10002 on: June 05, 2015, 12:46:43 AM »

Do you have nothing better to do than continuously troll arrboy?

Apparently the answer to this is still no.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10003 on: June 05, 2015, 12:49:39 AM »

I wasn't here to cause a ruck as my early posts show.  You started this ruck not me.  So i might as well play to your tune.  

No you should be objective like i am and see the reality not what you think is reality because you have a life long bond with a team that when you were a kid won the lot and you jumped on the band wagon to support them.

You have no interest in hearing beyond your own opinion.

Don't worry your loved too much on other threads with an angel on your shoulder for anything to change

You keep on pushing your opinions onto others. I have no interest in listening to you.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #10004 on: June 05, 2015, 12:50:30 AM »

I never understand why everything has something to do with betting. Apparently in the General Election thread the betting was all correct. Then the result blew it out of the water.
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 665 666 [667] 668 669 670 671 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: