blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:48:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 666 667 [668] 669 670 671 672 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1283152 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #10005 on: June 05, 2015, 12:54:22 AM »

As I say the tirade continues. I haven't mention the league title champions leagues or anything else. Thanks for posting a link to tell me how to find title odds though.

I wasn't here to cause a ruck as my early posts show.  You started this ruck not me.  So i might as well play to your tune.  

So I should just sit quiet and let you rant on about what you believe.

If someone answers you back then that person is starting a ruck. Must be nice to live in a world where only your opinion counts and can be heard.

No you should be objective like i am and see the reality not what you think is reality because you have a life long bond with a team that when you were a kid won the lot and you jumped on the band wagon to support them.

You have no interest in hearing beyond your own opinion.

Don't worry your loved too much on other threads with an angel on your shoulder for anything to change

You keep on pushing your opinions onto others. I have no interest in listening to you.

If my opinions were wrong son i would be skint.  I don't have a job.  I make a living from my opinons.  I appreciate you don't want to listen to the truth because it hurts.  Don't reply then.  Get a spaceship back to your 1986 timezone and pretend you are still a big club.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #10006 on: June 05, 2015, 12:57:42 AM »

If he is on £150k a week, and if he does 4 years, he will cost Liverpool ~£30m all in.

I could be wrong, but I vaguely remember reading that late 20s, to early 30s, were the peak of a players career, but I've no inclination to go hunting out for said article right now.

If they were looking to bring someone in, who could they get for that £30m, that is better?

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #10007 on: June 05, 2015, 12:59:13 AM »

As I say the tirade continues. I haven't mention the league title champions leagues or anything else. Thanks for posting a link to tell me how to find title odds though.

I wasn't here to cause a ruck as my early posts show.  You started this ruck not me.  So i might as well play to your tune.  

If someone answers you back then that person is starting a ruck. Must be nice to live in a world where only your opinion counts and can be heard.

No you should be objective like i am and see the reality not what you think is reality because you have a life long bond with a team that when you were a kid won the lot and you jumped on the band wagon to support them.  How about backing your team to finish top 4 with me at 3/1?  Rather than just talk a good game.  I back up my talk with cash.  Do you?  That is why my opinion is worth a lot more than others.  Talk is cheap.

I don't think Jim is arguing that they will finish top 4 so why would he want to bet with you to make some kind of point. This is a thread for Liverpool fans to discuss their club and for the rest of us to have the odd laugh at them.

You just come here and behave like a complete ct - much as the Liverpool fans navel gazing and deep deep analysis of all things Liverpool has given me plenty of laughs over the years, this used to be the best footie thread on here - you're wrecking it for no particular reason. Why ?

sola virtus nobilitat
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #10008 on: June 05, 2015, 01:00:40 AM »

If he is on £150k a week, and if he does 4 years, he will cost Liverpool ~£30m all in.

I could be wrong, but I vaguely remember reading that late 20s, to early 30s, were the peak of a players career, but I've no inclination to go hunting out for said article right now.

If they were looking to bring someone in, who could they get for that £30m, that is better?

The difference is marky if you bring in Sterling for £30m you can resell him for between £20-£60m depending what happens.  So you can actually make money after wages on buying young upcoming players which is what the real big teams generally do.  Milner is 1.01 to have zero resale value at any stage of that contract given his is on circa £150k a week.  Even if the scousers wanted to sell him no one is going to pay anywhere near that wage so he won't go anywhere and just collect his wages for the length of the contract.  It doesn't look as good business then paying a 32 year old past it work horse that kind of money when you are shipping out talented young kids on £35k a week to your major rivals.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #10009 on: June 05, 2015, 01:01:04 AM »

Can you stop banging the 1986 drum, Mark?

Liverpool are a massive club, they're just not one of the strongest in the Premier League.

I don't think many of the fans here are too deluded, definitely better than most of the ones I've come across in bars over the years.

FWIW, I wish that they were, because I used to love nothing more than a good wind up of the lads I used to work with that were reds Smiley

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10010 on: June 05, 2015, 01:02:11 AM »

So you make money from delude Liverpool fans (not sure you know how to spell it correctly ) and you feel it's your calling to educate all dreaming football fans to try to get them to stop betting on their beloved teams so the prices chance against you. That's smart

I don't have a job either but I manage to keep my mouth shut around my customers

No you should be objective like i am and see the reality not what you think is reality because you have a life long bond with a team that when you were a kid won the lot and you jumped on the band wagon to support them.

You have no interest in hearing beyond your own opinion.

Don't worry your loved too much on other threads with an angel on your shoulder for anything to change

You keep on pushing your opinions onto others. I have no interest in listening to you.

If my opinions were wrong son i would be skint.  I don't have a job.  I make a living from my opinons.  I appreciate you don't want to listen to the truth because it hurts.  Don't reply then.  Get a spaceship back to your 1986 timezone and pretend you are still a big club.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #10011 on: June 05, 2015, 01:03:20 AM »

The difference is marky if you bring in Sterling for £30m you can resell him for between £20-£60m depending what happens.  So you can actually make money after wages on buying young upcoming players which is what the real big teams generally do.  Milner is 1.01 to have zero resale value at any stage of that contract given his is on circa £150k a week.  Even if the scousers wanted to sell him no one is going to pay anywhere near that wage so he won't go anywhere and just collect his wages for the length of the contract.  It doesn't look as good business then paying a 32 year old past it work horse that kind of money when you are shipping out talented young kids on £35k a week to your major rivals.

If Sterling is more trouble than he's worth, surely that's not the case, and they're best off getting rid, no?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #10012 on: June 05, 2015, 01:06:27 AM »

If Sterling is more trouble than he's worth, surely that's not the case, and they're best off getting rid, no?

Get a manager who he will respect and look up to who has won things.  no?  Didn't see that happen too often with Jose or Fergie.  Big clubs have big managers not rookies from Swansea who have won nothing. 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #10013 on: June 05, 2015, 01:10:34 AM »

Fergie had his share of players that acted out, and I think he had won the odd trophy.

Some stayed, but I do believe others got shipped out the door, much to the dismay of the fans in some cases.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #10014 on: June 05, 2015, 01:11:34 AM »

Liverpool are a massive club, they're just not one of the strongest in the Premier League.

I don't think many of the fans here are too deluded, definitely better than most of the ones I've come across in bars over the years.

FWIW, I wish that they were, because I used to love nothing more than a good wind up of the lads I used to work with that were reds Smiley

Liverpool are without doubt the second biggest club in the country.

They just currently do not have the resources of Chelsea or Man City or the leadership of Arsenal.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10015 on: June 05, 2015, 01:12:01 AM »

Have you considered starting a NYCfc thread warning them of the perils of signing Pirlo

Maybe you was on the board at AC Milan when they let him go to Juve

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10016 on: June 05, 2015, 01:47:47 AM »

I'm hearing Mike marsh has been let go. His contract won't be renewed.

I wonder if FSG will force Rodgers to take on a defensive coach.

engy

View Profile
« Reply #10017 on: June 05, 2015, 02:35:46 AM »

They just currently do not have the resources of Chelsea or Man City or the leadership of Arsenal.

Disagree Keith they were the second biggest club in the country 20 years ago but now are decor behind city United arsenal Chelsea , level with spurs? I'm in arboy camp. Lived for the last 30 years with deluded lolpool fans thinking theyre a top four club still. YOU ARE NOT, now basically as mid table club who has spent like a top 2 club for last 4years  sorry it ain't happening again this year with Milner lol yea another free that cost 30 mill lol
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10018 on: June 05, 2015, 08:03:23 AM »

With FFP it is all about the money. Liverpools turnover is 5th in England, until the stadium is rebuilt or Man City lose the dodgy Middle East "sponsorship" then they will struggle to make the top 4.

Barca and Real in Spain are the top two teams for a reason, not trophies they won a decade ago but because they have ALL the money.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #10019 on: June 05, 2015, 09:30:20 AM »

For clarity, who are you suggesting is the biggest? I'd hate to make an incorrect assumption.

Milner is an excellent signing for Liverpool. A good example for Henderson and others to follow and learn from, a solid dependable professional and still capable of producing game changing moments. There's a reason why he's been in every England Squad for years.
He's still only *29* and almost certainly has at least three good seasons left in him.
Of course he won't propel Liverpool into the Top 4, on his own, but he will help them in that aim and if BR can get him, Henderson, Lallana and Sturridge all firing together there's a potential added bonus for England. even better for both if Sterling stays.

** Arbboy please note. 29, not 'into his thirties'   

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 666 667 [668] 669 670 671 672 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: