blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:53:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1268540 times)
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2005, 06:51:27 PM »

I thought that would have been a dodgy decision too!!
Convenient line of thought for those who felt the goal wasn't right.
Seemed to me that little or no contact was made, besides if it were a sending off then it was a sending off regardless of the goal.
Again this is a personal and totally unbiased opinion.
None of it looked good for English footie at it's supposed finest

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2005, 11:01:09 PM »

You have to love football, its a game of opinions, and it is amazing to see how different people see things .....  as an example, some people still think Emile Heskey is England class, in fact some people are of the opinion he is a footballer ....  yeah i know , i made the last bit up Wink

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2005, 12:08:02 AM »

You have to love football, its a game of opinions, and it is amazing to see how different people see things ..... as an example, some people still think Emile Heskey is England class, in fact some people are of the opinion he is a footballer .... yeah i know , i made the last bit up Wink

give me a break no one thinks heskey is a footballe,r but i do agree he is england class

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2005, 12:19:32 AM »

You are treading a very thin line now Ironside, be careful.......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2005, 02:54:40 AM »

Strange you mention Heskey.
I have a good pal who is a Liverpool season ticket holder (has been since he defected from the mighty blues in 1975 (the real blues that is Birmingham City)).
Needless to say my 3 main points of attack during passionate footie discussions were:-
1) he defected to a team that just happened to be top of the league
2) Heskey being the worse player in an England shirt since John Barnes (Nevelle bros aside that is)
3) We got into the habit of beating them Grin
Thing is he always insisted what a great player Heskey is and how well respected he is on the kop, he was absolutely unshakable on this!!!
Truth is since the tear inducing news of his signing to the afore mentioned mighty blues he has shown that he is i fact a bloody good footballer!!!
Ian

BTW what would a jock know about football?Huh?Huh?Huh? Huh? Shocked
didn't someone give Larsson an award for scoring goals in their league!!
They abolished the golden boot cuz anyone could sign for a jock team in order to pick one up.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 02:41:17 PM »

Alonso not sure??

good cash though tbf

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 02:43:22 PM »

why are people bumping so many threads today
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 02:56:57 PM »

because its a LFC thread, and its a LFC thing..

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 03:02:05 PM »

It's known as Portfolio's Complaint

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pawprint

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 03:16:37 PM »

As this thread has been bumped, thought this might be relevant.

Just read on the BBC website that with the departure of Alonso, only two players remain at Liverpool from the 18 man squad that won the Champions League in 2005.  Should be faiirly obvious who they are ?

Is the current squad better now than the 2005 squad ?

Obviously just having Torres upfront makes an incredible difference, but wondered what Liverpool fan's views were on a total change around in personnel in a 4-5 year period after winning the biggest prize in club football.

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 03:18:34 PM »

A much much stronger side/squad now than then, the 2005 side was probably one of the worst to win the CL in the last 20 years

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 03:45:06 PM »

They abolished the golden boot cuz anyone could sign for a jock team in order to pick one up.

I know this is a piss take but im just interested if you realise that, players scoring goals for scottish team actually get less points per goal that players scoring for an English or Italian or Spanish teams, ie when larsson won it he hit 53 goals that season, Shevchenko was on 34 goals and only needed 2 more goals to beat Larsson to the goalden boot, even tho he was 19 goals behind.

So this arguemant is a bag of Wank.

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 03:53:17 PM »

I know this is a piss take but im just interested if you realise that, players scoring goals for scottish team actually get less points per goal that players scoring for an English or Italian or Spanish teams, ie when larsson won it he hit 53 goals that season, Shevchenko was on 34 goals and only needed 2 more goals to beat Larsson to the goalden boot, even tho he was 19 goals behind.

[  ] IFM will respond
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 03:54:01 PM »

As this thread has been bumped, thought this might be relevant.

Just read on the BBC website that with the departure of Alonso, only two players remain at Liverpool from the 18 man squad that won the Champions League in 2005.  Should be faiirly obvious who they are ?

Is the current squad better now than the 2005 squad ?

Obviously just having Torres upfront makes an incredible difference, but wondered what Liverpool fan's views were on a total change around in personnel in a 4-5 year period after winning the biggest prize in club football.

Much stronger side, in virtually every position.

It's interesting to hear Rafa's reasoning that he got Alonso in to suit a purpose with the team he inherited from Houllier.  Now that he has pretty much a side that he's assembled he no longer sees Alonso as indispensable.  This would certainly explain Rafa's lack of interest in keeping Alonso.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2009, 03:57:37 PM »

[  ] IFM will respond

IFM Last Active:  09 August 2008, 13:30:25

FML

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: