blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:15:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Rookie's Fantasy
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookie's Fantasy  (Read 224666 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #405 on: December 19, 2008, 01:07:06 PM »

That sir is an excellent post.

we will see, whatever they become or dont become these dogs will never want for love.

Your and Rookies genuine love for these dogs shines through in every post you make....i hope you get many years of pleasure from them.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 19, 2008, 01:13:18 PM »

Nice post Turney.   Pleased that everything went well, onwards and upwards Smiley

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 19, 2008, 02:18:15 PM »

That sir is an excellent post.

we will see, whatever they become or dont become these dogs will never want for love.

Your and Rookies genuine love for these dogs shines through in every post you make....i hope you get many years of pleasure from them.

+1

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: January 05, 2009, 12:43:51 AM »

Got the call from the trainer today. Oxford have changed their trial days to Monday now, and although he said he had 27 dogs for trial he only got told he could have 7 spots. So he had to decide who was best to have a trial.

He put Cassie in and she will be 3 dog trialling tomorrow, which will be interesting to watch! Rodney will be getting a handslip round before the trials himself to keep him on his toes.

Picked up Kev and he is here now, we are going to watch it. Will get it on film this time and upload. gogogogog cassie.

HI HELEN!
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 05, 2009, 12:45:49 AM »

gl
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: January 05, 2009, 06:31:06 AM »

gl

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 05, 2009, 02:11:44 PM »

I was in the local with my dad earlier & we were told a story that you should bear in mind Rooks...

A couple of the older boys (Wee Eck & Rigor Mortis - so called because he was given 6 months to live 5 years ago) who used to race dogs were reminiscing, and they were talking about another local who took his dog for her first race. The whole town had backed her, because she'd training times far faster than her trials (a pie before the trial apparently). She's romping this race when her owner, getting excited, shouts "GO PENNY GO!!!", she hears her owner shouting her pet name, jumps the face & starts licking his face...

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: January 05, 2009, 03:13:32 PM »

Just got back.

She fell out once again, and done a sectional of 4.34, which is one spot faster than last time! lol. Having a break for 3 weeks inbetween trialling wouldn't have helped tbh. Obviously the other two dogs lead her and was 8 lengths behind by the sectional measurement (finish line). She sort of stumbled into the first bend and coming off the second she finally got into stride. She then showed a little pace down the back side and come the 3rd bend was up 1's arse. She went inside it coming round the 4th and got past it and ran on, finishing 5 lengths behind the dog that won. Winning time was 28.38, so she done approx 28.80. A length and a bit improvement over her last time which I am pleased about considering she hadn't run from off the bunny as such and with other dogs for the first time.

I got a little chill down my spine when I saw her overtaking the 1 dog off the final bend, it was great! Now we just need her to trap slightly better, even if she is slow away in general at least if she is nearer she can pick them all up Cheesy

HI HELEN!
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 05, 2009, 06:32:54 PM »

I was in the local with my dad earlier & we were told a story that you should bear in mind Rooks...

A couple of the older boys (Wee Eck & Rigor Mortis - so called because he was given 6 months to live 5 years ago) who used to race dogs were reminiscing, and they were talking about another local who took his dog for her first race. The whole town had backed her, because she'd training times far faster than her trials (a pie before the trial apparently). She's romping this race when her owner, getting excited, shouts "GO PENNY GO!!!", she hears her owner shouting her pet name, jumps the face & starts licking his face...

wasn't that an episode of the simpsons?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 05, 2009, 06:35:30 PM »

this is why greyhounds have racing names and home names.

I'm surprised the track wasnt frozen.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 06, 2009, 11:32:26 AM »

Actually I think it was - but there's no WAY Wee Eck & Rigor Mortis have ever watched the Simpsons, so I'm for believing them.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 06, 2009, 04:18:07 PM »

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=39331.0

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: January 25, 2009, 05:29:40 PM »

Cassie is trialling tomorrow. Her third trial now, hopefully she can improve once more and be on the card sometime soon!

I was a bit disappointed that Rodney hasn't managed to be fit in for a trial yet but Mick has promised me that they will both trial every week from next Monday until they get on the card. So this is good news I guess! Going to see Cassie in the morning, and after watching her trial will be going to the kennels to see Rodney for the first time in a few weeks!

HI HELEN!
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 26, 2009, 10:26:50 AM »

Heres hoping she pings the lids this time. 
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: January 26, 2009, 12:22:42 PM »

Heres hoping she pings the lids this time. 

Would be nice but unlikely tbh!

3 dog trial prob in about 25 min. In with an ex lame dog in 2 and another qualifying dog in 6.

HI HELEN!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: