blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:50:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Rookie's Fantasy
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookie's Fantasy  (Read 225849 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: April 19, 2009, 03:57:35 PM »

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIII

Managed to get some 5/2, the 3/1 seemed to vanish immediately hope Rookie got some.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1006 on: April 19, 2009, 04:04:01 PM »

Managed to get some 5/2, the 3/1 seemed to vanish immediately hope Rookie got some.

this...only had a bit on it but 3-1 was gone immediately...went 2-1 and then out to 5-2 again Smiley happy days.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 19, 2009, 04:04:26 PM »

couldn't have started worse if he'd come out the trap backwards but once he decided to run there was only one result. great race

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 19, 2009, 04:08:58 PM »

this...only had a bit on it but 3-1 was gone immediately...went 2-1 and then out to 5-2 again Smiley happy days.

Standing at the bookies counter with the slip wrote out FTW Smiley ....

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1009 on: April 19, 2009, 04:09:06 PM »

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hands up if you got 3/1

Went to the bookies down the road, had my bet written out, got the 3/1 as the prices came on the screen.

Went up to collect as all the unshrewdies who live in the bookies let out cries of anguish as the 5/6 fav in the 4.00 at Wincanton got turned over.

Rodney looked stronger as the race went on - I'd say his future certainly looks to be over six bends.
spooks

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 19, 2009, 04:11:35 PM »

Nice one.  When does it run next?
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 19, 2009, 04:31:41 PM »

shrewd double [  ] landed.
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1012 on: April 19, 2009, 04:37:10 PM »

WP!!!

nirvana's cooking post made me hungry, went shopping, forgot about race
gg me.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
TheWhisper

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 19, 2009, 05:14:14 PM »

Great result and good time
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 19, 2009, 05:18:48 PM »

The winning time of 27.33 seems extremely quick and makes me wonder what Rodney is capable of should he pop out.

Mind you the track may have been lightning fast, I'm sure Rookie will clue us in later.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 19, 2009, 05:24:21 PM »

http://www.racingpost.com/greyhounds/result_home.sd#resultDay=2009-04-19&raceId=951775

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: April 19, 2009, 05:50:37 PM »

weeeeeeee

[  ] was on

wd though.

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 19, 2009, 07:01:43 PM »

awesome
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1018 on: April 19, 2009, 07:17:53 PM »

oi oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Obv i got the 3/1. Hence why it was gone so quickly. Was happy if he opened 2/1 so when he opened 3/1 I had to beat the rest of the track on.

Funny actually. All the family was there today, was a nice afternoon. Even my 70odd year old nan was there! Me, Ling, Dad, Charlotte, Nan, Mum, Sister, Sister, Sister's BF. Was very funny. Collected in bets. I only wanted £80 on and Ling £20, so i kept hold of that £100.... Turny had £150 between the others. So 3 bookies, we went up for 3/1 and I went to first guy, £100, at the same time Turny called in a bet of £100 with the second bookie and £50 with the third. They took it then the first one who looked like he was in charge moaned at the other two and said he shouldn't have laid it. Obviously he was laying the lot and they were just working for him.

Anyway, nothing he can do now, we have £100 at 3/1 for me and Ling and £150 at 3/1 for the others, hes been scrubbed off and put into 2/1. Fair enough. Then about 30 seconds before the off it goes 5/2, so I have to punish the guy and go in for a further £120. He puts it back up 7/4. TY.

Boxes opened and before the race I really thought he had a chance at leading today. But when he didn't I was a little disappointed. Not only did he not lead but he was very slow out of the boxes. He paced up well though, and I don't think it will be long before we see him lead. He managed to pace into third and cut the first bend nicely, the cheering started at the 2nd bend when he turned 2nd. It could only be one outcome, surely?

I glanced at the card and semi sighed. I know Rodney stays, but this 3 dog had Finwell, RunOn etc etc on his card. And his bottom line of form was when he previously led and did 27.30 odd. He got closer going into the third but then didn't seem to make much ground round the bend like he has done previously. Off the last he still had it all to do but he ran a blinding last 30 yards and standing on the line I let out an almighty cheer above the rest of the loud crew that was cheering him on.

We still had some uncertainty though, even though I new he had won I didn't wanna start cheering till it was confirmed. When it was read out, Trap4 the winner we let up a loud cheer between us.

Me Turny and Ling ran round to the paddock just before he went in and gave him a couple of cuddles and pats on back. He loves it all. He's so keen and it's as though he can hear us cheering him on off the last bend when he comes storming home. He picked up a dog that has run under 27 seconds round Oxford a few times. Was a while back but it's still pretty impressive. http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?l=1321651

There are some videos of him doing 29 seconds round Shelbourne on that link which are pretty impressive.

Went back to collect the money and the bookie had the hump... "That was a naughty trick, going along and putting bets on like that, should have just came to me and I would have told you what you could have had". We argued why was their 3 bookies if we can only bet with one etc and he argued some more telling us we shouldn't have done it. Then I reminded him that I back my dogs every week and if he doesn't want my money i'll soon be happy to back outside the track. I've probably done a few quid on Cassie's races and he seemed to go quiet when I asked him if he remembered those.

He paid out obviously because he had no choice. Then he moaned because I went in again, to which I told him what is the problem in that? He put a new price up from which I initially backed and that if he didn't want to lay 5/2 he shouldn't have put that up. We went to the bar with our money. And when we came out for the next race he made a point of apologising numerous times. He had obviously spoken to the big fella who is normally there who takes my bets without any problem. He had obviously put him straight and the guy came out with, I know who you are now etc.

Obviously he was just being a sore loser, but at least he apologised. We all obviously in high spirits and headed home. I am so pleased, I even get to have a photo with the unbeaten one Smiley and get a trophy.

Plans now are to contact Hove. Next week they have a Puppy race which is live on sky. We are going to see if he can get into it, you never know.. Would be so brilliant if he did though! He will have a trial at Hove on Thursday if he were accepted. I will let you know as soon as I do Smiley

His time was 27.33, put out a great roar when I heard that! Unbelievable to have improved so much. It shows you just don't know whats left in the tank, and when there is a dog infront of him it just pushes him more and more to get past it. The going was normal according to Mick and his dad who had been there all day. It's not been officially made that but will find out tomorrow I imagine.

OIOIIIIIIIIIIII

HI HELEN!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1019 on: April 19, 2009, 07:27:09 PM »

Is this a tip?

I am going to bet it.  I hope it wins.

Welcome to the forum. You seem like a shrewd punter, wp Smiley

HI HELEN!
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »