blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:51:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand I Posted on Other Forum
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand I Posted on Other Forum  (Read 1387 times)
Dubai

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2007, 06:28:54 PM »

Scumbag or Not?

Playing 10-20 deep stack online cash. Player A has 10k and has shown himself to be a lunatic re-raising twice a lap pre flop, PlayerB has been shown several bluffs by Player A but also has 10k. They easily cover other 3 players.

UTG raises to 80 , Player B calls in cutoff, Player A now makes it 2400 from the big blind and shortly after types in

"WTF"

"typed in 240"

"WTF"

Player B shoves for 10k.

Player A instantly calls with Aces and wins a 20k pot.

Below the belt or acceptable?
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 06:45:03 PM »

Which one?

Player B could be refered to as the one in the wrong for trying to take advantage of a misclick, with a weakish holding.

Its a clear angleshoot by player A, but if people are beginning to use the ''mistake'' of putting wrong coloured chips in live to make it seem like a call but they have to raise.  Then why cant people use this online?
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 06:47:23 PM »

Brilliant!

What did Player B show?

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 07:04:17 PM »

Which one?

Player B could be refered to as the one in the wrong for trying to take advantage of a misclick, with a weakish holding.

Its a clear angleshoot by player A, but if people are beginning to use the ''mistake'' of putting wrong coloured chips in live to make it seem like a call but they have to raise.  Then why cant people use this online?

agreed...and a raise to 2400 would have been a bit of an overbet anyways so unlikely that he would have made that (unless he really is nuts). I have no problem with people doing this though.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
spruce goose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 08:03:52 PM »

brian townsend did exactly the same thing to phil ivey with the misclick reraise and won a monster pot. he had unintentionally done the same thing previously and realised hed be able to take advantadge of ivey assuming hed done it again.

why you think its below the belt i fail to see. surely its just another way of getting some1s chips in when your very strong.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 10:55:12 PM »

I think this is a bit naughty but no worse than that.

Player B is not pushing out of some heartfelt gesture of kindness but is busy trying to take advantage of A's misclick. He is concentrating too hard on what he sees as an opportunity to take advantage of player A to notice that A is actually using his greed against him.

Classic bluff, counter bluff.

No problem with it but would be a bit of a nasty thing to do to a mate!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 12:02:13 AM »

he might be telling the truth scared that the 2400 has scared off his oppop when he wass wanting him in

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 12:15:12 AM »

he might be telling the truth scared that the 2400 has scared off his oppop when he wass wanting him in

thats what i was thinking , if he says he wanted to make it 240 , his oppo should know he has a strong hand anyway so why push ?

i think he is probably telling the truth to try and keep the guy in the pot or maybe get him to do what he done

is it cold in his shadow ?
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 01:08:47 AM »

Brilliant.

HI HELEN!
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 01:41:20 AM »

Let's think about this, Player A is well aware Player B can read what he is writing, and Player B shouldn't be moronic enough not to realize this if he's playing for so much money. If player A has a mediocre hand, he keeps his mouth shut. Simple.

Sort of similar thing happened to me live recently actually, a guy tried to raise but didnt announce it and ended up calling by mistake, i was in the BB with AA and had seen this, and proceeded to doze off looking at the leaderboard when I saw the usual string of callers. Turned back round when it was my turn and tried to raise. One of the players at the table asked me if I had been paying attention someone had tried to raise already. "Oh sorry I didn't see." It sort of worked in the end but why the hell would I say I didn't see if my hand was weak!!!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 01:44:39 AM by Tragic » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: