blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:37:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP $10,000 Pot Limit Omaha: Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP $10,000 Pot Limit Omaha: Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 9304 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2007, 05:02:51 AM »

We've lost Donnacha O'Dea and Sylvester Geoghegan in the space of one minute.

Donnacha pushed on the turn of a board with Tspades , and Rene Mouritsen made the call with and rivered the .

On a board, Roy Brindley bet out, Steve Sung called and Sylvester Geoghegan made a big re-raise all-in with a hand I couldn't see but held the , Brindley passed and Steve called with two spades turning the , no on the river sends the other Irishman out.

12 remain, final table will be tomorrow.

We are on a dinner break till 10.15pm (6.15am UK)

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2007, 05:07:10 AM »

Who's rules?
What's the penalty for breaking it?
Will you/are you in trouble for the other updates?

Not sure really - the powers that be - Bluff, Pokernews, Harrahs, etc

The penalty for breaking it will be the removal of press accreditation

Not in trouble as long as we don't continue to break the rules. Previous rule-breaking was crossed wires on our part, I thought it was Main Event only. We intend to abide by the rules from now on.

Hopefully our hourly reports thus far today have made for an enjoyable and informative read.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 05:10:03 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
OMAY
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2007, 05:12:53 AM »

Yes they have, been great and thanks again, night
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2007, 05:19:09 AM »

Good hourly reports so far but the worst thing about this rule is going to be that it will totally destroy your coverage of final tables, if indeed you are even allowed to report on them at all.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2007, 05:23:10 AM »

Good hourly reports so far but the worst thing about this rule is going to be that it will totally destroy your coverage of final tables, if indeed you are even allowed to report on them at all.

From what I have heard, the rules are different for final tables. I shall ask Nolan for confirmation before tomorrow's live update of the Omaha final.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2007, 06:17:22 AM »

The players are about to restart. Thank you for staying with us.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2007, 06:59:27 AM »

We're back rocking and rolling, and while we await the dispersement of the final 3 players required for a final table, there's a gentle wave of excitement breezing through the cardroom as people will Doyle into the last nine and, hopefully, an incredible 11th bracelet. Now well into his 70's, Doyle's achievements of late have been mind-numbing, not just in terms of results, but having the stamina to keep up with the young guns in today's game and being able to survive such long and exhausting days. A true marvel.

Back in the midst of the cards, however, not only have we lost Donnacha O'Dea and Sylvester Geoghegan, but we're also mourning the recent departure of Roy Brindley, making it 3 Irish exits in a row. I didn't quite catch the hand that dealt the finishing touches, but whatever the circumstances, Roy looked understandably gutted and perhaps haunted by that old cliche 'so near yet so far'.

Someone who is still running pretty well is David Chui, a very experienced player indeed. He just bet 80k pre-flop only to be called in the Big Blind. Both players checked down the Two Diamonds , Chui showing A-K to take the pot. A dark horse in many events this chap, and possibly one of the favourites here.

On the same table, I noticed that Andy Bloch was complaining about a railer seated on the outside, claiming, "He can see the cards before they're even in my hand." As a result, the Tournament Director asked the railer to stand and his seat was removed. "I just don't want to have to worry about it," added the Robin Williams spit. Fair enough in my opinion, they're playing for the odd buck after all.

Unfortunately, the rectification of the railing situation wouldn't benefit Bloch for very long, as in a matter of seconds he was the next to be eliminated and would soon be joining the member of the audience that he'd just that moment complained about. Raising from the small blind to 80k, Bloch's pre-flop getting-jiggyness was called by David Chui, who also matched the bet when Bloch pushed in for just over 100k on the Two Diamonds Flop. Bloch popped over three diamonds onto the felt, but it simply wasn't enough by the Turn, a card which gave Chui and his two spades a straight. River and it was no Bloch Party for Andy, not this time round anyhow.

As such, the current chip counts (courtesy of worldseriesofpoker.com) look like this:

1st  Tommy Ly -- $1,005,000
2nd  Patrik Antonius -- $970,000
3rd  Rene Mouritsen -- $960,000
4th  Robert Mizrachi -- $900,000
5th  Jonas Flug-Entin -- $630,000
6th  David Chiu -- $620,000
7th  Doyle Brunson -- $505,000
8th  Marco Traniello -- $380,000
9th  Steve Sung -- $195,000
10th  Stephen Ladowsky -- $155,000

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2007, 07:53:58 AM »

It's all over now, it's been a hectic last hour or so.

First Patrick Antonius has Stephen Ladowski and Steve Sung both all-in.

Patrick:

Stephen:

Two Clubs

Steve:

Board:

three diamonds

Stephen trebles up, Steve is really short and ends up afterwards pushing with against and manages to hit a straight and a flush. Shortly afterwards he ends up all-in again with against the of Mouritsen and the board comes .

Tommy Ly limps for 30k, David Chiu raises full pot from the button, the blinds fold and Tommy calls.

Flop:

Two Clubs

Tommy checks, Chiu pushes and Tommy calls.

Tommy:

David:

three clubs

Turn:

David shouts, "Come onnnn..."

River:

David Chiu is OUT in 10th place winning $33,493

The final table will restart tomorrow at 2pm and looks to me like the best final table so far with heavyweights such as Brunson and Antonius should make for an absolutely riveting encounter.

Until then, 

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2007, 08:09:31 AM »

b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2007, 03:00:24 PM »

Great updates guys, really appreciated. Snoops some of your anecdotes are just class m8, loved the high5'ing doyle image, brilliant.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: