blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:42:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Team poker - what's acceptable and what is not?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Team poker - what's acceptable and what is not?  (Read 9172 times)
xxMAIRxx

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2007, 05:51:33 PM »

LOL Geo I love your style 

Stan's been texting me today telling me hes looking forward to taking me out  Cheesy I said to him in his dreams of course 
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2007, 05:53:11 PM »

I have invited all my team to use messenger during the event (RED-DOG has declined  ). I think we will have some inter-team banter. Suggest to each other how aggressive we should be, keep each other updated on our progress and chips stacks. Congratulate each other on our hard faught vicotry, that sort of thing.

We are not going to be cheating, all of the above I assume is acceptable..

However, regards the rest of the discussion: I don't think there is that much of an edge to be gained if you were sharing cards actively trying to cheat. Yes there would be an advantage, but personally I think it would be better if your team was spread accross most of the tables rather than having a concentration on 1 table where your prospective chips are reduced.
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2007, 05:53:35 PM »

I have read and digested all of the posts on this subject -- and being whilst inexperienced in the concept of team poker I have a few observations

1. It is impossible, repeat impossible, to police collusion either via the site in play or other electronic devices
2. Poker is a game of essentially lying to your opponents, so do the people who say no collusion really mean it (no offence it's human nature)
3. If you can't police it then you have to allow it, because even if 90% of the people are honest and don't (except for the so called slow play) the other 10% have a huge advantage, so level the field and allow anything.
4. I personally think that sharing hole cards will feck up your whole game and mess with your head.

my view for what it is worth and I will take guidance from my Team Capitano (being the subservant person that I am)

Ger

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2007, 05:56:33 PM »

I have invited all my team to use messenger during the event (RED-DOG has declined  ). I think we will have some inter-team banter. Suggest to each other how aggressive we should be, keep each other updated on our progress and chips stacks. Congratulate each other on our hard faught vicotry, that sort of thing.

We are not going to be cheating, all of the above I assume is acceptable..

However, regards the rest of the discussion: I don't think there is that much of an edge to be gained if you were sharing cards actively trying to cheat. Yes there would be an advantage, but personally I think it would be better if your team was spread accross most of the tables rather than having a concentration on 1 table where your prospective chips are reduced.

Ok my captain has spoken - i will obey oh great one

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2007, 06:44:32 PM »

Welcome to blonde Wink
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2007, 06:48:05 PM »

I have read and digested all of the posts on this subject -- and being whilst inexperienced in the concept of team poker I have a few observations

1. It is impossible, repeat impossible, to police collusion either via the site in play or other electronic devices
2. Poker is a game of essentially lying to your opponents, so do the people who say no collusion really mean it (no offence it's human nature)
3. If you can't police it then you have to allow it, because even if 90% of the people are honest and don't (except for the so called slow play) the other 10% have a huge advantage, so level the field and allow anything.
4. I personally think that sharing hole cards will feck up your whole game and mess with your head.

my view for what it is worth and I will take guidance from my Team Capitano (being the subservant person that I am)

Ger

Good to see you on Blonde.  I agree with your points as well thumbs up

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2007, 07:19:06 PM »

Bump.

Kev?

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2007, 07:23:35 PM »

No problem here.... but as an aside, entering the comps when you have no intention of playing in them is also cheating IMO.

But thats for another discussion, I will be on msn to my team mates purely because I always have it switched on.  But cards will not be mentioned.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
ericstoner

Winner of the Stars $200 sunday biggy, RU APAT Ire

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2007, 07:26:51 PM »

As the senior player in team Donkments, I should point out,poker is a game played by individuals,and s such i'll be playing that way. I could not contemplate any other way.
If others chose to use electroic comunication between each other, so be it,just makes it toughter for me

My eyes are firmly focassed on the live event for the lowest scorer from each team. sorry team-mates, that's my doctrine, and i'm sticking to it.

come on the Donks.

Blonde Hall of fame inductee,October 2007.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2007, 07:32:59 PM »

As the senior player in team Donkments, I should point out,poker is a game played by individuals,and s such i'll be playing that way. I could not contemplate any other way.
If others chose to use electroic comunication between each other, so be it,just makes it toughter for me

My eyes are firmly focassed on the live event for the lowest scorer from each team. sorry team-mates, that's my doctrine, and i'm sticking to it.

come on the Donks.

wouldn't expect anything else from you Brendan , but i'm afraid you might have to settle for 2nd. i believe the welsh pisshead wizard Dewi has his eyes set on the first place. let battle commence.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2007, 07:33:18 PM »

No problem here.... but as an aside, entering the comps when you have no intention of playing in them is also cheating IMO.

But thats for another discussion, I will be on msn to my team mates purely because I always have it switched on.  But cards will not be mentioned.

What's no problem?

What can we do and what can't we?

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2007, 07:33:49 PM »

What's no problem?

What can we do and what can't we?

Exactly.  Glad we cleared that one up.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2007, 07:35:35 PM »

you can discuss tactics if you want but no chip dumping or discussing hole cards.

Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2007, 07:37:57 PM »

Soft play?

Squeezing opponents out?

Manipulating pots?

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2007, 07:40:03 PM »

FFS ... everyone just do what they want, they will anyway so whats the point of discussing it, those that want to play fairly will, and those that dont wont ... let each teams conscience make the decisions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: