blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:01:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272644 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 690 691 [692] 693 694 695 696 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6339528 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #10365 on: November 11, 2008, 03:32:24 AM »

I've become wholly intolerant to these people. You cannot converse with them, but you have to listen to them. They delay every hand. They stink of alcohol, & slobber all over you. They talk nonsense, but demand answers. 

They are nice as pie when sober. I honestly think they don't realise what utter cocks they make of themselves when they drink too much. I was guilty of it as a youngster, but because I realised how offensive drunkenness is, how invasive it can be towards others personal space, I gave up. And now, in my dotage, I have just become intolerant of it, & I don't know the answer, because it's happening more & more, & nobody seems fussed. I guess it's me that's out of step, but I have no plans to get used to it.

redsimon asks a good question. I would say Tikay may think he didn't complain because he couldn't be bothered or knew they wouldn't do anything. But I would say it is a kooky life strat when you are bothered by something but don't speak up. It is a common mistake though, especially in people who are self critical/self conscious. Tikay says this is happening more and more but has no plans to get used to it. This is as certain a prediction as it gets of the miserable poker he is going to be playing in the future. Why would you do that Tony? What fun that's gonna be. It could be an age thing actually. A lot of older people are at their happiest when they moan. Come to think of it, maybe getting fucked off with life is a good strat to approach death with. 

Anyway, I have a theory about annoyed people who don't complain; and supporting it is pretty easy in this example. Tony actually brings up that he did this drunken slob thing before himself. Excellent. So these days Tony is hurting a bit about how he must have looked back then. My God how embarrassing! Let myself down blah. So you simply transfer that inner angst to modern day drunken slob man and vent the criticsm on him a bit. You don't complain because that would be to complain about yourself a few years ago. I don't think complaining about yourself is allowed in the life game. Therefore you have to spend a lot of valuable days letting random stranger men tilt you. If you have high expectations of yourself/others life is much more difficult. And the trade off for the higher moral ground strat is angst about things you can't change. That isn't any better than being drunk and oblivious in the life game I would say.

An altogether healthier outlook would be to see the drunk as someone just like you but a few chapters ago. He will realise soon and change. Wicked. If you thought like that it would be easy to tolerate the drunk for a few hours. If one did that though, it would be to tolerate the behaviour, which one cannot, which is why one stopped drinking. No way you can tune into A-game poker with all that nonsense going on imo. Then you play bad, get brassed off about poker and feel depressed. Why? Who it help? Nobody else cares about the geezer because they are playing poker and thinking about getting his drunk chips any minute now. This would keep me entertained for hours. This is a poker game, not life itself, and the testing of your patience is a really big part of the game imo. This guy wins if you don't find a way to tolerate. It's a pretty big victory as well....spoiling your night and getting you all agitated.

Anyway. There are 3 life strat choices and you must select one. 1. Be miserable and agitated about drunk slob man. This is the worst one. 2. Complain. This one at least adds credibility to your condemnation of drunk slob man. However, you are still fucked off about stuff...and there is also the very serious risk that he could smash his pint glass straight in your eye. So still bad. Or 3. Find a way to deal with drunk slob. If that way involves forgiving yourself for past drunken twattery then do it. Maybe caring a little less about how one appears to others would do that. If you judge people a lot yourself it is hard to let your hair down...in case you are judged. If you don't judge others....you can do what you want. This is the best one. See drunk slob man as one of life's little lost ducklings battling with the elements. It would be funny if he was drunk because he was bad socially and this was his way of dealing with it.

Anyway, my point is don't waste a second getting pissed off about little stuff. We are all twats sometimes. And that is ok.

Finally please be aware this could all be complete bollocks and very probably is but I am pretty caned so it makes good sense. Also, if Tony did actually complain then this post is irrelevant.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #10366 on: November 11, 2008, 09:51:48 AM »

Damn fine bollocks mind, puts mine to shame.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #10367 on: November 11, 2008, 10:23:49 AM »

When Padraig turned up drunk at my table at Waterford we all did the only thing we could. We took it in turns to take his chips. It was one of my saddest poker nights

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #10368 on: November 11, 2008, 10:29:25 AM »

A long post from Mantis.

...don't waste a second getting pissed off about little stuff...

This bit is good.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #10369 on: November 11, 2008, 10:54:10 AM »

When Padraig turned up drunk at my table at Waterford we all did the only thing we could. We took it in turns to take his chips. It was one of my saddest poker nights

He was asked to leave in the end after falling out of his chair.  Not sure if he even spent an hour at the table.  Was a sad night for me as well...I had looked up to him as one of poker's 'local' greats and he burst that bubble fairly lively.  Have met him since and gave him an earful, but not before thanking him for being sober when he met our 11 year old daughter earlier in the day.   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #10370 on: November 11, 2008, 11:58:18 AM »

yes he was pretty out of it at the ladbrokes festival,i was quite shocked actually
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #10371 on: November 11, 2008, 12:00:54 PM »

Actually, he was better that time than he had been in Waterford.    

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #10372 on: November 11, 2008, 12:45:03 PM »

A long post from Mantis.

...don't waste a second getting pissed off about little stuff...

This bit is good.

and this bit:

...I am pretty caned....

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #10373 on: November 11, 2008, 03:04:40 PM »

Just got back off my holidays and will try and get you some photos up close of the Singapore a380 this week,but heres a cockpit 360 degree view where you can zoom in/out and spin around etc(could have done a better job of hoovering imo).
http://www.gillesvidal.com/blogpano/cockpit1.htm

shy bairns get nowt
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #10374 on: November 11, 2008, 03:09:47 PM »

Just got back off my holidays and will try and get you some photos up close of the Singapore a380 this week,but heres a cockpit 360 degree view where you can zoom in/out and spin around etc(could have done a better job of hoovering imo).
http://www.gillesvidal.com/blogpano/cockpit1.htm

Nice touch with the laptop at the back, co pilot can get a few hands of poker in Smiley

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #10375 on: November 11, 2008, 04:11:25 PM »

The aircraft completely self diagnoses and fault isolates it's own problems,if they get Wall-E in i will be made redundant.However it will take time to achieve my panache with a club hammer.

shy bairns get nowt
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #10376 on: November 11, 2008, 07:06:20 PM »

Haven't got the time to read all of this

But can I assume Tikay has been caught using the phone while driving
plus running red lights and not producing a producer!!

Is this correct please?

Regards

M

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #10377 on: November 11, 2008, 07:08:59 PM »

Haven't got the time to read all of this

But can I assume Tikay has been caught using the phone while driving
plus running red lights and not producing a producer!!

Is this correct please?

Regards

M

You can sod right off mate, I have already offered him 50 notes for his motor, it aint like he is gonna be needing it for at least 6 months Smiley

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #10378 on: November 11, 2008, 07:13:29 PM »

The aircraft completely self diagnoses and fault isolates it's own problems,if they get Wall-E in i will be made redundant.However it will take time to achieve my panache with a club hammer.

I was reminded of this:

AIRCRAFT GROUND CREW RESPONSES

This set of aircraft faults/responses has been attributed to numerous American airlines and sometimes to military pilots and their ground crew. Each time, the list gets a little longer and a little sillier. A fighter pilot version turned up during the 2003 Iraq conflict. Another 2003 version was attributed to Qantas, on the grounds that Qantas is the only major airline never to have had an accident. The faults cover a range of military and civil aircraft from propeller engines through to jets. While some of the original entries may have been genuine, later ones have almost certainly been added as jokes. The following compendium is courtesy of friends in the aerospace industry.

After every flight, pilots fill out a form called a gripe sheet, which conveys to the mechanics and other ground crew any problems encountered with the aircraft during the flight that need repair or correction. The mechanics/ground crew read and correct the problem, and then respond in writing on the lower half of the form what remedial action was taken. The pilot reviews the gripe sheets before the next flight. Never let it be said that ground crews and engineers lack a sense of humour. Here are some actual logged maintenance complaints and problems as submitted by pilots and the solution recorded by maintenance engineers.

(P = the problem logged by the pilot.)
(S = the solution and action taken by the engineers or ground crew.)

P: Left inside main tyre almost needs replacement.
S: Almost replaced left inside main tyre.

P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.
S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

P: The autopilot doesn't.
S: IT DOES NOW.

P: Autopilot tends to drop a wing when fuel imbalance reaches 500 pounds.
S: Flight manual limits maximum fuel imbalance to 300 pounds.

P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200 feet per minute descent.
S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

P: Something loose in cockpit.
S: Something tightened in cockpit.

P: Pilot's clock inoperative.
S: Wound clock.

P: Dead bugs on windshield.
S: Live bugs on back-order.

P: 3 roaches in cabin.
S: 1 roach killed, 1 wounded, 1 got away.

P: Mouse in cockpit.
S: Cat installed.

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.
S: Evidence removed.

P: Number 3 engine missing.
S: Engine found on right wing after brief search.

P: Unfamiliar noise coming from #2 engine.
S: Engine run for four hours. Noise now familiar.

P: Noise coming from #2 engine. Sounds like man with little hammer.
S: Took little hammer away from man in #2 engine.

P: Whining noise coming from #2 engine compartment.
S: Returned little hammer to man in #2 engine.

P: Whining sound heard on #2 engine shutdown.
S: Pilot removed from aircraft.

P: No. 2 propeller seeping prop fluid.
S: No. 2 propeller seepage normal. Nos. 1, 3 and 4 propellers lack normal seepage.

P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.
S: Took hammer away from midget.

P: DME volume unbelievably loud.
S: DME volume set to more believable level.

P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.
S: That's what they're there for.

P: IFF inoperative.
S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.

P: Suspected crack in windshield.
S: Suspect you're right.

P: Funny sounds from behind instrument panel.
S: Installed non-funny sounds.

P: Aircraft handles funny.
S: Aircraft warned to "straighten up, fly right, and be serious".

P: #2 ADF needle runs wild.
S: Caught and tamed #2 ADF needle.

P: Turn-and-slip indicator ball stuck in centre during turns.
S: Congratulations. You have just made your first co-ordinated turn.

P: Target radar hums.
S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.

P: Seat cushion in 13F smells rotten.
S: Fresh seat cushion on order.

P: Flight attendant cold at altitude.
S: Ground checks OK.

P: Weather radar went ape!
S: Opened radar, let out ape, cleaned up mess.

And this one from a pilot instructor who ejected from a military trainer aircraft:
P: Reason for emergency eject: Landing gear would not retract
S: Aircraft had fixed landing gear. Aircraft written off.

Aerospace engineer Adam Leech submitted the following joke "gripes" after a couple of occasions in which RAF Harriers had ditched into the sea or the River Yeo.

P: Indication of moisture in intake.
S: That's because you ditched in the sea again.

P: Electrical shorting in controls due to moisture ingress.

P: Tendency for canopy to mist up.

P: Numerous water leaks from fuselage.

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #10379 on: November 11, 2008, 07:48:15 PM »

I've seen thousands of these over the years in the tech logs,my personal favourite was--Ghostly howling coming from door 1 left///Door 1 left exorcised.It's really frowned upon now as were run by HR nazi/pc bean counters void of a sense of humour,i mean they even stopped us drinking on the job a few years back.God i miss the old days.

shy bairns get nowt
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 690 691 [692] 693 694 695 696 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: