blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:30:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274191 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16731 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 714 715 716 717 [718] 719 720 721 722 ... 3781 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6650330 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #10755 on: November 21, 2008, 01:05:49 PM »

Billy lives in Chislehurst these days, has done for 20 years or more, & by coincidence, Norman Pace does too - but they had never met before tonight.

really? Lived there for a few years and some of my family still do, love elmstead woods Smiley

Really? Apparently so. Norman refers to it as "a village".

lol, that'll be the london definition then, a bit like nearby bexley village where I went to school. completely unlike what anyone in the rest of the country would class as a village.

I spent a lot of my teen years in chislehurst, drinking the summers away at the ramblers' rest pub

Its great place, felt very safe and comfortable there. Pubs were nice, good golf courses but the houses were like so expensive Sad
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10756 on: November 21, 2008, 01:07:27 PM »

I think there are four

Charlton Athletic
Northampton Town
Liverpool
Aston Villa

York City were the 5th until they exited for the conference

all the good triv questions are on a thread on betting tips somewhere, but even I can't be bothered to search for them

You forgot Spurs. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10757 on: November 21, 2008, 01:08:17 PM »

oh and charlton athletic, liverpool and northampton town Smiley

Here's a good quiz question.  How many racecourses in the UK do not have any of the letters R A C or E in their names?

Ludlow would be one...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #10758 on: November 21, 2008, 01:09:05 PM »

Here's a good quiz question.  How many racecourses in the UK do not have any of the letters R A C or E in their names?

Ludlow would be one...

[  ] wrong

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10759 on: November 21, 2008, 01:09:46 PM »

Ludlow would be one...

Plumpton another?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #10760 on: November 21, 2008, 01:12:24 PM »

Ludlow would be one...

Plumpton another?

yep - there are more

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #10761 on: November 21, 2008, 01:12:25 PM »

huntingdon. is this one of those questions with about 2 million answers?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10762 on: November 21, 2008, 01:13:32 PM »

goodwood

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #10763 on: November 21, 2008, 01:13:42 PM »

huntingdon. is this one of those questions with about 2 million answers?

no just one more.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #10764 on: November 21, 2008, 01:14:07 PM »

goodwood

and there it is!

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #10765 on: November 21, 2008, 01:16:02 PM »

Having posed the question, I could only remember three of the four, so I called my brother (who first posed me the question) to check.  'Wincanton' he said  idiot  I obviously got all the brains.........

Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10766 on: November 21, 2008, 01:21:09 PM »

Billy lives in Chislehurst these days, has done for 20 years or more, & by coincidence, Norman Pace does too - but they had never met before tonight.

really? Lived there for a few years and some of my family still do, love elmstead woods Smiley

Really? Apparently so. Norman refers to it as "a village".

lol, that'll be the london definition then, a bit like nearby bexley village where I went to school. completely unlike what anyone in the rest of the country would class as a village.

I spent a lot of my teen years in chislehurst, drinking the summers away at the ramblers' rest pub

Its great place, felt very safe and comfortable there. Pubs were nice, good golf courses but the houses were like so expensive Sad

I used to know the area pretty well, Chislehurst Caves for some really weird gigs in the 70s & Doctor Whio was filmed there. Also I seem to rememeber Napoleon (the III i think) was a resident of Chislehurst.

Its still Sarf London, but with a bit more cash & trees.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10767 on: November 21, 2008, 01:39:29 PM »

wait itl u see who our celebrity team member was!!!

Him.

And you had to remind him about THAT......

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10768 on: November 21, 2008, 01:58:39 PM »

wait itl u see who our celebrity team member was!!!

Him.

And you had to remind him about THAT......

Yes, that was awful.  What was a Yorkshireman doing with a pony-tail?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #10769 on: November 22, 2008, 12:47:12 AM »

Decent football trivia question for you,don't answer it if you've already had it spoil sports as it is quite a toughie imo (oncoming geordie related greif from that) Who is the only played to have won the champions league,premier leaue and been relegated from the premier league also ??

On a side not i was rather bemused when i got a question off the back of a beer mat asking "who is the only player to have scored against every club that has been in the premier league since it started ?" well obvously there's only a couple people it could be i end up stating i think it's andy cole but reckon there's a couple he didn't score against so i txt the number to find out the answer think it was £1.50 or summit but thats not the point got a txt back saying "the answer is Andrew Cole he scored against every club thats been in the premier league since it began EXCEPT Swindon town" eh wtf so that'll be nobody then lol i wasn't impressed
Pages: 1 ... 714 715 716 717 [718] 719 720 721 722 ... 3781 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: