blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:54:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273518 Posts in 66761 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 828 829 830 831 [832] 833 834 835 836 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6418242 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12465 on: April 01, 2009, 03:23:54 AM »

Eat your heart out, Flushy.

Aaron Spelling was a Billy Big-Knob TV Producer, long time ago, he Produced Dynasty, Charlies Angels & other such dross. Made a whole bunch of money - a LOT of money, & married a much younger woman, Candy. (Only an American woman could be named Candy). It's not entirely clear what Candy saw in the zillionaire Aaron, as Mrs Merton might say.

So, he died 2 years or so ago, & left Candy with the worry of what to do with the house, which, it might be said, is a litle big for a widower. So she's trading down, & buying a little place. For $45 milllion.

So the original Family home is up for Sale. The asking price is $150 million (will accept $145 mill), making it America's most pricey private abode, seemingly. It's in Holmby Hills, Los Angeles, & covers nearly 5,300 sq metres. (Buckingham Palace is 7,000 sq metres), & sits cosily in 4.6 acres of prime landscaped lushness.

It's got all the things you'd associate with a $150 milion crib. Probably more than 100 bedrooms ("I lost count" said sweet Candy), bowling alley, humidity controlled silver room, china room, gym, rooftop rose garden, 16 car garage, 100 car motor court, you get the drift. Oh, and a home cinema - just like Flushy had as a kid.

But it had one thing which made me realise I've failed in life, made me think "jeez, how did I live my life without one of those?".

You've guessed it. A gift-wrapping room.

MBN to have a gift wrapping room. Even Flushy never had one of them.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #12466 on: April 01, 2009, 04:01:19 AM »

Christ, we've all been living like animals.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #12467 on: April 01, 2009, 04:36:57 AM »

Christ, we've all been living like animals.

Moorman to buy it imo

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12468 on: April 01, 2009, 01:48:35 PM »

Tikay - I thought this might interest you - who said brains and beauty don't always go hand-in-hand?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7976207.stm

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12469 on: April 01, 2009, 01:51:27 PM »

Tikay - I thought this might interest you - who said brains and beauty don't always go hand-in-hand?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7976207.stm

Lol, just lol.

It just shows how shallow some folks thought processes are.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #12470 on: April 01, 2009, 02:32:34 PM »

Hi Tikay,

I can send you a copy of the paper with the piece about Kallakis if you like?

Cos

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12471 on: April 01, 2009, 02:43:08 PM »

Hi Tikay,

Cos

Thanks Cos, I have seen it now - someone Posted a link to it, & the 'phone has been sizzling hot this morning with incoming stuff on the story. It's like an iceberg - we have only seen the tip of it so far, if the calls are to be believed.

It's important to remember there have NOT been any charges.

But the surprising thing is the depth of detail the Guardian & Standard reveal. They must have been briefed, I assume - they'd never print that sort of stuff unless they were reasonably sure of their facts. As of now, no retraction or "corrections" have been issued. Yet

MBN to be a libel lawyer right now - George Carman would be in his element, God rest his soul.

How are you, anyway? Ready to fleece those Norwayers?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12472 on: April 01, 2009, 03:05:40 PM »

Hi Tikay,

Cos

Thanks Cos, I have seen it now - someone Posted a link to it, & the 'phone has been sizzling hot this morning with incoming stuff on the story. It's like an iceberg - we have only seen the tip of it so far, if the calls are to be believed.

It's important to remember there have NOT been any charges.

But the surprising thing is the depth of detail the Guardian & Standard reveal. They must have been briefed, I assume - they'd never print that sort of stuff unless they were reasonably sure of their facts. As of now, no retraction or "corrections" have been issued. Yet

MBN to be a libel lawyer right now - George Carman would be in his element, God rest his soul.

How are you, anyway? Ready to fleece those Norwayers?

He'll be folding like a baby again.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #12473 on: April 01, 2009, 03:50:29 PM »

Guy in Ireland recently went to his local Irish bank to get a mortgage.  I wonder if his case, whilst tiny in comparison, was affected by the links above.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055506199

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #12474 on: April 01, 2009, 03:51:16 PM »

A few weeks back, the much-vaunted "London Poker Circuit" arrived, amid much fanfare, Launch Parties & hoohah.

How is this going, anyone know? Many runners, any excitement, who's playing it/them?

Just curious.

Like the idea of quality poker in plush surroundings!....unfortunately, with only a few weeks notice, the fanfare was far too late in coming to the first event. This led to only a handful of players turning up for the weeks events...18 for the main event I believe.
They then tried to add smaller buy in tournaments over the weekend,(as the main event had obviously finished!),...publicised them , ....but when I popped in on the Saturday night ,the room was locked up!!

The main event structure looks great( in theory over 3 days), and with now weekly satellites online ,the next event in May will get better numbers. I'm sure they would gets alot better nos with a £500 buy in rather than £1000, but I suppose they are looking at a certain poker market for their "posh" venues.

AWOP were covering it if you want to see video of proceedings.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #12475 on: April 01, 2009, 03:55:13 PM »

Too busy at work unfortunately to come and battle the Norwafarians as I like to take a few days off when I come up to Notts for a long weekend otherwise I can't feed enough of my DTD habit at once.

Plus, Kin put me in touch with an Origami course over the weekend so I'm going to go there and practice some more folding moves.

Hopefully see you in London or Nottingham soon!

Oh, and I've just signed my old man up to Sky Poker (through blonde banner obv) - expect him to start crushing soon! I should change his screenname to something that will make you cringe to say on telly! I'll have a think...

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12476 on: April 01, 2009, 03:57:05 PM »

When I read about the London Poker Circuit, the first thing that came to my mind was the Showdown Poker Tour (remember that?).

18 runners for their first tournament does nothing to dissuade me of that.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12477 on: April 01, 2009, 04:48:24 PM »

When I read about the London Poker Circuit, the first thing that came to my mind was the Showdown Poker Tour (remember that?).

18 runners for their first tournament does nothing to dissuade me of that.

Yup!

With these things, you can't build from the top, you have to start at the bottom, establish a solid base, then move up.

I wish them well, but they have gone about it in a weird way

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12478 on: April 01, 2009, 04:49:20 PM »

Too busy at work unfortunately to come and battle the Norwafarians as I like to take a few days off when I come up to Notts for a long weekend otherwise I can't feed enough of my DTD habit at once.

Plus, Kin put me in touch with an Origami course over the weekend so I'm going to go there and practice some more folding moves.

Hopefully see you in London or Nottingham soon!

Oh, and I've just signed my old man up to Sky Poker (through blonde banner obv) - expect him to start crushing soon! I should change his screenname to something that will make you cringe to say on telly! I'll have a think...

"tikaynotnit"?

kenjude

View Profile
« Reply #12479 on: April 01, 2009, 06:00:26 PM »

Watching every race of Cheltenham & Royal Ascot were others, & every hole of The Open, & The Masters, though the last-named was never possible due to Augusta's restricted coverage.

If it was down to me, they'd lose the "major" status at Augusta until they get their heads out of their arses, join the 21st century and unrestrict the coverage :-)

Cheers

Ken
Pages: 1 ... 828 829 830 831 [832] 833 834 835 836 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: