blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:27:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2621 2622 2623 2624 [2625] 2626 2627 2628 2629 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6334778 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39360 on: August 19, 2014, 01:40:52 PM »

I saw about ten minutes of one of the Star Wars films, didn't like it, turned off and have not regretted it for a moment. Same for Lord of the Rings.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #39361 on: August 19, 2014, 01:42:32 PM »

Comic actor is his main gig. He has actually won a Tony Award before.

Never been a fan of his, especially after this

Ouch, what a horrible little man. A "comedian" you say? As in, "Alan Pardew & Michael Ashley are comedians" to so many Newcastle United "supporters" who have never built a business or managed a top flight football Club? If so, I like how you phrased that, you should try & take up journalism.

Who was the bald chap? Seemed to have a certain gravitas

You shouldn't just make up quotes tikay, not one Newcastle fan has ever referred to him as "Michael Ashley".
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39362 on: August 19, 2014, 01:43:01 PM »

Ouch, what a horrible little man. A "comedian" you say? As in, "Alan Pardew & Michael Ashley are comedians" to so many Newcastle United "supporters" who have never built a business or managed a top flight football Club? If so, I like how you phrased that, you should try & take up journalism.

You do overplay the ingenue card at times. You once compared my handsome visage to Mr Corden in a thread, possibly this one, a long while back. So either you once knew who he was and have since forgotten....

Its fair to say my memory is a little sievey, Alun, but I don't recall ever comparing you to Mr Corden - until last week, I'm not sure I'd even recognize you, I'm embarrassed to say!

I may also be the only person on blonde who has never seen Star Wars. I did once play Yoda in a TV skit Next Door though. I was immensely good.

I'm particularly unmemorable so I don't blame you. Certainly nothing to be embarrassed about.

I meant more that you seemed to know who HE was. And now you don't. Which is a bit odd Wink
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39363 on: August 19, 2014, 01:44:14 PM »

You shouldn't just make up quotes tikay, not one Newcastle fan has ever referred to him as "Michael Ashley".

I withdraw that outrageous slur, Ray, & apologise.

"The clowns Pardew & Ashley", is that better?

Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39364 on: August 19, 2014, 01:44:55 PM »

I saw about ten minutes of one of the Star Wars films, didn't like it, turned off and have not regretted it for a moment. Same for Lord of the Rings.

How old are you? Star Wars is a kids film really, and those of us who love it do so because we saw it as a child I believe.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39365 on: August 19, 2014, 01:47:10 PM »

You do overplay the ingenue card at times. You once compared my handsome visage to Mr Corden in a thread, possibly this one, a long while back. So either you once knew who he was and have since forgotten....

Its fair to say my memory is a little sievey, Alun, but I don't recall ever comparing you to Mr Corden - until last week, I'm not sure I'd even recognize you, I'm embarrassed to say!

I may also be the only person on blonde who has never seen Star Wars. I did once play Yoda in a TV skit Next Door though. I was immensely good.

I'm particularly unmemorable so I don't blame you. Certainly nothing to be embarrassed about.

I meant more that you seemed to know who HE was. And now you don't. Which is a bit odd Wink

I am surprised I have ever mentioned him here, but then again, as you allude, my memory plays tricks these days. i.e, it forgets stuff. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39366 on: August 19, 2014, 01:47:30 PM »

How old are you? Star Wars is a kids film really, and those of us who love it do so because we saw it as a child I believe.

Was about 14 when I saw that bit. Wasn't at the cinema.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39367 on: August 19, 2014, 01:50:53 PM »

I'm north of 50.

I saw "The Titchfield Thunderbolt" & "A Night to Remember" (the REAL Titanic film) as a child. As an adolescent, I saw the first James Bond film, too.

I do have dreadful memories of being dragged by my sister to see "South Pacific", "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" & "Sound of Music" as a child though. Perhaps that was what put me off films for life.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39368 on: August 19, 2014, 01:52:01 PM »

I suspect Tal was NEVER a child, he was one of those sorts who were born grown-up.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #39369 on: August 19, 2014, 01:55:53 PM »

Wink

That's better, thanks.

I'm sure I read you once criticise an Authors book, googled tikay's trains though and got nothing  
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39370 on: August 19, 2014, 01:59:54 PM »

I'm north of 50.

That's like saying Omicron Persei 8 is north of Tooting.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39371 on: August 19, 2014, 02:03:27 PM »

I'm north of 50.

That's like saying Omicron Persei 8 is north of Tooting.

I had to google that, damn you.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39372 on: August 19, 2014, 02:05:57 PM »

Wink

That's better, thanks.

I'm sure I read you once criticise an Authors book, googled tikay's trains though and got nothing 

I have criticised many Authors, but I hope I've never been quite so rude & disrespecful to suggest they are "clowns". We do know, after all, that Messrs Ashley & Pardew are both very successful in their respective spheres.

Now behave yourself, especially after doing so well v Man City. Good result that, Man C are a top team. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 02:07:34 PM by tikay » Logged

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39373 on: August 19, 2014, 02:13:54 PM »

I'm north of 50.

I saw "The Titchfield Thunderbolt" & "A Night to Remember" (the REAL Titanic film) as a child. As an adolescent, I saw the first James Bond film, too.

I do have dreadful memories of being dragged by my sister to see "South Pacific", "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" & "Sound of Music" as a child though. Perhaps that was what put me off films for life.

Dissing Rodgers and Hammerstein? I'm washing you right out of my hair now.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39374 on: August 19, 2014, 02:42:37 PM »

I'm north of 50.

Dissing Rodgers and Hammerstein? I'm washing you right out of my hair now.

Excellent lyric-linkage, but really, you can't mix old language & new-speak.  Since when does "dissing" & "Rodgers & Hammerstein" fit in the same sentence? It has to scan, man, it has to scan.

Pages: 1 ... 2621 2622 2623 2624 [2625] 2626 2627 2628 2629 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: