blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:47:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2714 2715 2716 2717 [2718] 2719 2720 2721 2722 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6334225 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #40755 on: December 23, 2014, 02:32:46 PM »

FWIW i did a list this year and was umming and ahhing about doing another one. Woke up on the 1st, decided it was too much hassle after the last two were torpedoed

A lot of people didn't see the big picture, what it was about and what it was trying to achieve.

Pleno, you might have been in this one :-)

On the contrary bud, I don't think you saw the big picture.  

RED-DOG don't hold ur breath for Keith, the dude is an elite class flouncer!

Tikay pls tell somebody to fuck off, would be pretty funny. It's just a couple of words and I think you would find it rather liberating. Happy for you to tell me to fuck off if it makes it easier.

I've tried, many a time, but I just can't pull the trigger.

It comes across so badly in writing, unless it is from someone really common.  

If you decided to just go for it and then turn t'internet off for 2 days to cool down what would you get off your chest?

I have a list of considerable proportions, Phil, but I doubt I'd ever post it, cba with the aggro these days. I actually thought about the question all weekend, & saw 4 or 5 cracking examples, but I think they are best kept under wraps really, it'll only end badly.  

It is an age thing. A while ago, a year or so, it was like switching a light switch off, I suddenly found un-necessary aggro, bad losers & bad manners something I became completely intolerant of.

Remember, I spend a lot of time Next Door debating with all sorts of characters, the "Rigged, obv" Brigade. I am obliged to be scrupulously polite with them, of course, no matter how many insults they lob at me. I do often feel the urge, though.  

To be honest, more things make me happy than sad or angry, & I try to concentrate on the happy stuff.

Remember dear old Matthew, 5:38-42.

If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also

There you go, a bit of Bibley stuff.

Bugger, I was trying to give you a kind of free pass to get it off you chest in reply form.

I like you bible quote tho prefer 'if someone slaps you on the cheek get someone reyt hard to smack em back'

Have a good Christmas bud, Alistair Sim A Christmas Carol (black n white version) penciled in with the kids 2morrow (they WILL watch it with me) followed by the Christmas tornado hitting the house the day after. It could be the only day of the year where I am awake before you are, do you want me to ring you about 6 am so you get the full Christmas day joy thing in?

Have a great time with G too

x

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
DesD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40756 on: December 23, 2014, 05:46:55 PM »

Was doing a little bit of a site tidy up over the weekend and came across this video, from seven and a bit years ago.   

Lots of blondes in there, some no longer with us sadly.

http://youtu.be/_1p0f20I-PI

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #40757 on: December 23, 2014, 06:23:23 PM »

Was doing a little bit of a site tidy up over the weekend and came across this video, from seven and a bit years ago.   

Good to see lots of blondes in this (before my time sadly) but very poignant to see interviews from both Brendan and Big Laz with grins on their faces. RIP.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40758 on: December 23, 2014, 06:34:00 PM »

wow , no kidding Des.

Standard must have been poor though if Laz could manage to come 5th. Even LeKnave final tabled !

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #40759 on: December 23, 2014, 07:43:30 PM »

Brilliant.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #40760 on: December 23, 2014, 08:07:25 PM »

wow , no kidding Des.

Standard must have been poor though if Laz could manage to come 5th. Even LeKnave final tabled !

Palestine!!

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40761 on: December 24, 2014, 09:58:46 AM »

Thank you for being a bro, I love you bros, stay awesome, I love you all, mmwaor.

WTF?

I read a piece yesterday that said children are only watching half as much TV as their parents. Good for them. Probably.

It then went on to explain about Video Clips, which, it seems, is what the kids are watching.

Have you heard of "PewDiePie"?

What, you have not? You should have.

He makes "video clips for You Tube.

Each clip gets, on average, 4.5 MILLION views.

He has 30 MILLION followers.

He earns £2.5 MILLION per year from the adverts on his clips.

So I watched a few, & nearly threw up, it's incredibly cheesy.

But it's stuff like that which is helping to lead to the demise of forums.

Love you all bros, you are all so awesome.

It seems poker has its own PewDiePie

People are actually giving him money

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CyVeyU2kwdmCJn1uR1cnAR2APvsnz0bU8zXR7-sPkq0/edit

I must admit, I did find this entertaining.
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #40762 on: December 24, 2014, 05:13:50 PM »

I know you don't do the other thing so all the best for 2015 Tony. Kev and Joo x

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40763 on: December 24, 2014, 05:37:56 PM »

I know you don't do the other thing so all the best for 2015 Tony. Kev and Joo x

You know that thing he doesn't do? He's doing it this year.

The older I get, the better I was.
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #40764 on: December 24, 2014, 06:53:21 PM »

GTFOOH really.  disco

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #40765 on: December 25, 2014, 11:36:28 PM »

Eating Brussels Sprouts?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #40766 on: December 26, 2014, 12:02:18 AM »

Thank you for being a bro, I love you bros, stay awesome, I love you all, mmwaor.

WTF?

I read a piece yesterday that said children are only watching half as much TV as their parents. Good for them. Probably.

It then went on to explain about Video Clips, which, it seems, is what the kids are watching.

Have you heard of "PewDiePie"?

What, you have not? You should have.

He makes "video clips for You Tube.

Each clip gets, on average, 4.5 MILLION views.

He has 30 MILLION followers.

He earns £2.5 MILLION per year from the adverts on his clips.

So I watched a few, & nearly threw up, it's incredibly cheesy.

But it's stuff like that which is helping to lead to the demise of forums.

Love you all bros, you are all so awesome.

It seems poker has its own PewDiePie

People are actually giving him money

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CyVeyU2kwdmCJn1uR1cnAR2APvsnz0bU8zXR7-sPkq0/edit

I must admit, I did find this entertaining.

StickyRice1, he's become a bit of a phenomenon these past 2 weeks. With JCarver away for the holidays and not being happy playing on WSOP.com in Nevada, he found the perfect time to get some viewers.

Deposited something like $2k onto Bovada with only basic knowledge of hand rankings, sat at $10/$20NL and managed an immense heater running it up to something like $35,000 in 2 sessions.  Then down to $8000, then back up to $30,000. Last I heard he cashed off $10,000, lost the rest and is left with $500 online. He was streaming earlier but I didn't catch much of it.

There's a ton of highlights, and it's quite entertaining to get intothe mind of someone who is relatively clueless compared to the people he's playing at $2000NL. Personal highlight was his reasoning for shoving 200bb onto someone preflop -  His note on the villain read "lost JJ to AQ. Unlucky Player." Is this what poker was like back in 2004?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40767 on: December 26, 2014, 10:45:44 AM »

"lost JJ to AQ. Unlucky Player."

His logic is unimpeachable though.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40768 on: December 26, 2014, 01:13:27 PM »

The Observer photographer Jane Bown died today.

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2014/dec/21/jane-bown-a-life-in-photography-in-pictures

Truely a unique & revered individual.

RIP Jane.

Embarrassed to admit I had never heard of this young lady, but I went googling, & she certainly took some nice snaps. Loved that Beckett one.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40769 on: December 26, 2014, 01:22:30 PM »

Thought this would be up your street, National Geographic photo contest:

http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photo-contest/2014/

Click to see full-size image.

This is the winner. Tech addiction. Very apt.

Great stuff Barry, thank you. It's that time of the year all the sites put up "Best of" Galleries, which I love.

I could stare at photos for ages, & often do.

In that photo, it says so much about how society has changed since the internet began, &, latterly, "SmartPhones".

I don't travel much in London these days, but it's quite something too see such a large % of people walking along, staring at their 'phones, as the content can't wait - presumably - until they arrive.

On trains, it used to be that most of us read newspapers & books, or did the Crossword. Now everyone is busy scrolling on their dog. Same thing, I suppose.

I'm as guilty as most, but I'm trying to crack the addiction.

Go play poker, & there we are, all sat staring at our i-Pads or whatever.

Back in the day, Axeman used to sit there doing his crossword, Steve Jelenik with a book, I even saw a lady at one table doing her knitting, which is how I learned to knit. That's knit, not nit.

Over under through round, that's "pearl", see?

Back in the day, just before smartphones, I saw a young lad doing a rubix cube super fast while playing at an EPT.

Regarding tech addiction I have taken some quite strict measures to curb my own tendencies. I have a 'no technology an hour before bed' rule which I usually stick to (reading my kindle doesnt count as tech as it looks and feels like a book). Also have a 'dont check email before 10am' rule so that I can get my most important task of the day done before I get distracted.

I've also disabled email and safari from my phone so that I cant habitually check email whenever I want to fill a 30 second silence.

Got a few programmes on my computer which disables Facebook etc at certain times so I cant check it when Im working.

I long aqo abandoned Facebook, Barry. Only belatedly realised it was a time sponge, & gave me nothing meaningful back in exchange for my time when I could be doing more useful things. It's fine, whatever takes your fancy, but I'll never go down that road again.

My "tech addiction" is a problem to me though, & I'm trying to address it. Am up to an hour of Nature TV Docs, & an hour of reading, every day without fail, & that's working. I just need to double that now.

It's part of my job, though, so there's a limit.

I know we share a fixation with the psychology of internet use & users, so if time permits, I'll tell you a story shortly, which happened to me 2 or 3 days ago. There was a dreadful, terrible, disaster, the worst thing ever ever - Sky Poker went "down" for an hour. An HOUR. It was like the end of the world. The aftermath was, I thought, really quite interesting, as to how different people react, or even cope with such a tragedy. 

I'll catch up on replies first, then try & tell the tale. The varying reactions, by players & Business alike, were fascinating. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 01:33:36 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 2714 2715 2716 2717 [2718] 2719 2720 2721 2722 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: