blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:10:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2734 2735 2736 2737 [2738] 2739 2740 2741 2742 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6332908 times)
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #41055 on: February 03, 2015, 12:31:23 PM »

Great link Carl, thank you.

Love the way they always say....

top secret

Never "secret", "low secret", "slightly secret", always "top secret".

Some things are just secret - maybe they're just never newsworthy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classified_information#Government_classification

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41056 on: February 03, 2015, 12:39:31 PM »

Your too tight on the button karabiner!

Solid results Teeks!

Coming from the King of PLO8, I am chuffed to hear that.

I could do a lot better, but I am still very hesitsant in certain spots. Thinks like hitting my Ace with an "A-K-low-low" hand, & being scared to bet out in case someone has hit a worse kicker with their ace.

Lets say I have.....

Two Diamonds

And we see this flop.....

I always worry that they have called me with a worse Ace, A-J, A-T, etc, & I'll get scuppered by 2 pair if I bet.

Those DYM's play quite shallow, & once the Blinds get big, we can't afford a mis-step. I shudder to think how often I bin the best hand to a lead. In a way, in those DYM's, its all about, if possible, avoiding confrontation, & just quietly finding soft spots.

Had a great night (by my standards) last night, mind, made £51.

Ooohhhhh.

You found a game that encourages and rewards tight play so I wouldn't worry too much, especially vs unknown opponents who are just having a punt. This might be an issue vs some regulars, but its not something they will pick up on too easily or be able to do much about. It is hard to estimate ranges in PLO especially as quite a few individuals play any A2XX hand in a similar manner. I'd try and find a deciding factor and price you need using the current SPR (and tournament situation of course). Going with the AK25 example above is probably fine, we have plenty of good cards around, and some of those lead to scoops.

I used to do regular checks of the other PLO8 regs on sharkscope and compare my results but there just aren't many about now. The daily 109 on Stars used to run every day almost without fail, with a 3k guarantee. Now I'd say it runs maybe 25% of the time with a 2k guarantee and even failed to run on Sunday. I would say my O8 game is probably a bit weaker than it has been  before. When it took up the majority of my volume I'd have said I was number one for the tournaments but trying to learn a million game types, plus the mind boggling thing that is NLHE now probably made me a bit worse. I managed to take down the NL SD 2-7 on sunday, a new title to the belt Tongue Just need a badugi win and I'll be up there with the Stu Rutters of this world.

Excited for Vegas this year? UKPC? I felt sure I saw you mention there wasn't a PLO event this time around, which would be a crying shame. An idea worth trying might be half hold'em half omaha but it could well end up resulting in noone playing!

Thanks Adam.

Late on, with the Blinds big, it's sort of pot re-pot, you can't half-commit, so with the A-K-5-2 on an A high flop, it's all going in, no question.

I just find it awkward early doors, when everyone is splashing around. Guess I should not play pots early doors really.

I get a bit of grief for playing so tight, but you can do OK at those little things just by staying out of trouble.  

No PLO at this UKPC, no. I still harbour memories of your epic misread, the look on your face when you realised, & the amazing comeback (from 2 Bigs) to make the Final. Guess 5 of us limping into your BB & you quintupling up next hand helped....

Excited about Vegas? Just a bit! No idea if I can get there, the future is always shrouded in dithering in my world, for personal & work reasons, but if I can be there, I will, & I was like a kid in a sweet shop last night when the full WSOP schedule came out.

I ear-marked these as my dream targets.....

11th June - WSOP $1,000 PLO

14th June - WSOP $3,000 PLO8

17th June - WSOP $1,500 PLO 6-Max

24th June - WSOP $1,500 PLO8.

If I had a result early, I'd also try & play.....

22nd June - WSOP $3,000 PLO 6-Max.

Think they might run over me a bit in the 6-Max, so I'd only play the $3,000 6-Max PLO if I had booked a few cashes by then.

Then I'd play the litttle jobbies at Binions & GN (including other Mixed Games) & the intermediate PLO & PLO8 (usually $400 & $600) at Venetian. The Schedules for those are not announced for a while yet, though, maybe not until April.

Ideally, I'd go for a month, with a 7 or 10 day "holiday" in the middle of it. Want to fly to LA, get the Pacific Surfliner down to San Diego, then fly back to Vegas, a 24 or 48 hour adventure.

Dreams are made of this stuff.

We shall see.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #41057 on: February 03, 2015, 12:45:04 PM »

top secret

In a past life I went through the rigmarole of getting a level of clearance called DV (Developed Vetting), This entailed numerous interviews, financial and personal auditing. I even had to prove poker was just a hobby and not a habit. This in total took almost 8 months to get through, one month later I left the job. Anyway the point of my post... Once I go the clearance I recived an email form the vetting agency stating I could now see documents up to and including Top Secret. I felt like a spy Smiley

Ah! The element of surprise
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41058 on: February 03, 2015, 12:49:35 PM »

top secret

In a past life I went through the rigmarole of getting a level of clearance called DV (Developed Vetting), This entailed numerous interviews, financial and personal auditing. I even had to prove poker was just a hobby and not a habit. This in total took almost 8 months to get through, one month later I left the job. Anyway the point of my post... Once I go the clearance I recived an email form the vetting agency stating I could now see documents up to and including Top Secret. I felt like a spy Smiley

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41059 on: February 03, 2015, 12:49:53 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #41060 on: February 03, 2015, 01:20:36 PM »

Solid results Teeks!

I could do a lot better, but I am still very hesitsant in certain spots. Thinks like hitting my Ace with an "A-K-low-low" hand, & being scared to bet out in case someone has hit a worse kicker with their ace.

Lets say I have.....

Two Diamonds

I always worry that they have called me with a worse Ace, A-J, A-T, etc, & I'll get scuppered by 2 pair if I bet.

Those DYM's play quite shallow, & once the Blinds get big, we can't afford a mis-step. I shudder to think how often I bin the best hand to a lead. In a way, in those DYM's, its all about, if possible, avoiding confrontation, & just quietly finding soft spots.

Ooohhhhh.

You found a game that encourages and rewards tight play so I wouldn't worry too much, especially vs unknown opponents who are just having a punt. This might be an issue vs some regulars, but its not something they will pick up on too easily or be able to do much about. It is hard to estimate ranges in PLO especially as quite a few individuals play any A2XX hand in a similar manner. I'd try and find a deciding factor and price you need using the current SPR (and tournament situation of course). Going with the AK25 example above is probably fine, we have plenty of good cards around, and some of those lead to scoops.

I used to do regular checks of the other PLO8 regs on sharkscope and compare my results but there just aren't many about now. The daily 109 on Stars used to run every day almost without fail, with a 3k guarantee. Now I'd say it runs maybe 25% of the time with a 2k guarantee and even failed to run on Sunday. I would say my O8 game is probably a bit weaker than it has been  before. When it took up the majority of my volume I'd have said I was number one for the tournaments but trying to learn a million game types, plus the mind boggling thing that is NLHE now probably made me a bit worse. I managed to take down the NL SD 2-7 on sunday, a new title to the belt Tongue Just need a badugi win and I'll be up there with the Stu Rutters of this world.

Excited for Vegas this year? UKPC? I felt sure I saw you mention there wasn't a PLO event this time around, which would be a crying shame. An idea worth trying might be half hold'em half omaha but it could well end up resulting in noone playing!

Thanks Adam.

Late on, with the Blinds big, it's sort of pot re-pot, you can't half-commit, so with the A-K-5-2 on an A high flop, it's all going in, no question.

I just find it awkward early doors, when everyone is splashing around. Guess I should not play pots early doors really.

I get a bit of grief for playing so tight, but you can do OK at those little things just by staying out of trouble.  

No PLO at this UKPC, no. I still harbour memories of your epic misread, the look on your face when you realised, & the amazing comeback (from 2 Bigs) to make the Final. Guess 5 of us limping into your BB & you quintupling up next hand helped....

Excited about Vegas? Just a bit! No idea if I can get there, the future is always shrouded in dithering in my world, for personal & work reasons, but if I can be there, I will, & I was like a kid in a sweet shop last night when the full WSOP schedule came out.

Think they might run over me a bit in the 6-Max, so I'd only play the $3,000 6-Max PLO if I had booked a few cashes by then.

Then I'd play the litttle jobbies at Binions & GN (including other Mixed Games) & the intermediate PLO & PLO8 (usually $400 & $600) at Venetian. The Schedules for those are not announced for a while yet, though, maybe not until April.

Ideally, I'd go for a month, with a 7 or 10 day "holiday" in the middle of it. Want to fly to LA, get the Pacific Surfliner down to San Diego, then fly back to Vegas, a 24 or 48 hour adventure.

We shall see.

1% please Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41061 on: February 03, 2015, 01:51:10 PM »

Solid results Teeks!

Lets say I have.....

Two Diamonds

Ooohhhhh.

Thanks Adam.

We shall see.

1% Please - of the poker not the holiday Wink

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #41062 on: February 03, 2015, 03:02:11 PM »

Views on the big transfer story of the evening, tikay?

Abdo in for Sawyer to partner Jim White at the business end of Transfer Deadline Day.

I get that she can pronounce all the names correctly, but that's not what this evening is all about. It'd be like replacing Jeff Stelling with Julian Warren.

The White/Sawyer TDD partnership is one of the highlights of the season. He bounces around like a ten year old backstage at wrestlemania. She turns to the camera, raises her eyebrows and smiles, before introducing a freezing Fraser Dainton, shivering outside Carrington.

What says the insider?

No view Tal Bloke.

Don't watch all that Transfer shite, I've got interesting stuff to research, 'plane crashes 50 years ago & other exciting stuff. 

You be at WHL this weekend, for the twice-annual embarrassment at the hands of the Arse?

Unbelievable!

I'd have wagered my Arsene Wenger cookoo-clock that you'd have been sat there wathing the entire show wearing a yellow tie.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #41063 on: February 03, 2015, 10:21:28 PM »

Views on the big transfer story of the evening, tikay?

Abdo in for Sawyer to partner Jim White at the business end of Transfer Deadline Day.

I get that she can pronounce all the names correctly, but that's not what this evening is all about. It'd be like replacing Jeff Stelling with Julian Warren.

The White/Sawyer TDD partnership is one of the highlights of the season. He bounces around like a ten year old backstage at wrestlemania. She turns to the camera, raises her eyebrows and smiles, before introducing a freezing Fraser Dainton, shivering outside Carrington.

What says the insider?

Don't know about Andy Gray but I would smash both of them!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #41064 on: February 03, 2015, 10:35:03 PM »

Solid results Teeks!

Lets say I have.....

Two Diamonds

Ooohhhhh.

Thanks Adam.

We shall see.

When you die you wont remember what your bank balance is or how many emails you had to answer but you will remember things like this.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #41065 on: February 03, 2015, 10:45:48 PM »

Tikay have you ever done this one?

or this one?

Got a trip booked in a couple of months

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #41066 on: February 03, 2015, 10:50:32 PM »

1% as always please if you do go out there Tony.

I've always wanted to do the Trans-Siberian railway. Doubt that will be happening any time soon though Sad
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41067 on: February 04, 2015, 10:37:43 AM »

another one

At least 12 dead as plane crashes into Taiwan river

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31125052

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/taiwan/11389418/Taiwan-plane-crash-TransAsia-Airways-ATR-72-600-disaster-in-pics.html?frame=3187312

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:10:19 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41068 on: February 04, 2015, 01:18:51 PM »

An utterly astonishing set of photographs, the like of which we will see once in a lifetime, & which will become iconic.

There are nearly 3,000 people currently viewing the PPRuNe thread about the accident....

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/555876-transasia-water.html

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41069 on: February 04, 2015, 01:37:53 PM »

Solid results Teeks!

Lets say I have.....

Two Diamonds

Ooohhhhh.

Thanks Adam.

We shall see.

1% Please - of the poker not the holiday Wink
Chasing my losses from last year-1% please.

Cymru am byth
Pages: 1 ... 2734 2735 2736 2737 [2738] 2739 2740 2741 2742 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: