blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:13:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272598 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2735 2736 2737 2738 [2739] 2740 2741 2742 2743 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6331700 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41070 on: February 04, 2015, 01:45:33 PM »

Things to do right now, but thank you for the pledges of my potential Vegas action.

In the next day or two, I'll list them, for the record, as "expressions of interest", & they'll all have first dibs if it happens. I have not formulated any package size yet, so it is non-binding on your part if you change your mind.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41071 on: February 04, 2015, 01:47:02 PM »

Your too tight on the button karabiner!

Solid results Teeks!

Coming from the King of PLO8, I am chuffed to hear that.

I could do a lot better, but I am still very hesitsant in certain spots. Thinks like hitting my Ace with an "A-K-low-low" hand, & being scared to bet out in case someone has hit a worse kicker with their ace.

Lets say I have.....

Two Diamonds

And we see this flop.....

I always worry that they have called me with a worse Ace, A-J, A-T, etc, & I'll get scuppered by 2 pair if I bet.

Those DYM's play quite shallow, & once the Blinds get big, we can't afford a mis-step. I shudder to think how often I bin the best hand to a lead. In a way, in those DYM's, its all about, if possible, avoiding confrontation, & just quietly finding soft spots.

Had a great night (by my standards) last night, mind, made £51.

Ooohhhhh.

You found a game that encourages and rewards tight play so I wouldn't worry too much, especially vs unknown opponents who are just having a punt. This might be an issue vs some regulars, but its not something they will pick up on too easily or be able to do much about. It is hard to estimate ranges in PLO especially as quite a few individuals play any A2XX hand in a similar manner. I'd try and find a deciding factor and price you need using the current SPR (and tournament situation of course). Going with the AK25 example above is probably fine, we have plenty of good cards around, and some of those lead to scoops.

I used to do regular checks of the other PLO8 regs on sharkscope and compare my results but there just aren't many about now. The daily 109 on Stars used to run every day almost without fail, with a 3k guarantee. Now I'd say it runs maybe 25% of the time with a 2k guarantee and even failed to run on Sunday. I would say my O8 game is probably a bit weaker than it has been  before. When it took up the majority of my volume I'd have said I was number one for the tournaments but trying to learn a million game types, plus the mind boggling thing that is NLHE now probably made me a bit worse. I managed to take down the NL SD 2-7 on sunday, a new title to the belt Tongue Just need a badugi win and I'll be up there with the Stu Rutters of this world.

Excited for Vegas this year? UKPC? I felt sure I saw you mention there wasn't a PLO event this time around, which would be a crying shame. An idea worth trying might be half hold'em half omaha but it could well end up resulting in noone playing!

Thanks Adam.

Late on, with the Blinds big, it's sort of pot re-pot, you can't half-commit, so with the A-K-5-2 on an A high flop, it's all going in, no question.

I just find it awkward early doors, when everyone is splashing around. Guess I should not play pots early doors really.

I get a bit of grief for playing so tight, but you can do OK at those little things just by staying out of trouble.  

No PLO at this UKPC, no. I still harbour memories of your epic misread, the look on your face when you realised, & the amazing comeback (from 2 Bigs) to make the Final. Guess 5 of us limping into your BB & you quintupling up next hand helped....

Excited about Vegas? Just a bit! No idea if I can get there, the future is always shrouded in dithering in my world, for personal & work reasons, but if I can be there, I will, & I was like a kid in a sweet shop last night when the full WSOP schedule came out.

I ear-marked these as my dream targets.....

11th June - WSOP $1,000 PLO

14th June - WSOP $3,000 PLO8

17th June - WSOP $1,500 PLO 6-Max

24th June - WSOP $1,500 PLO8.

If I had a result early, I'd also try & play.....

22nd June - WSOP $3,000 PLO 6-Max.

Think they might run over me a bit in the 6-Max, so I'd only play the $3,000 6-Max PLO if I had booked a few cashes by then.

Then I'd play the litttle jobbies at Binions & GN (including other Mixed Games) & the intermediate PLO & PLO8 (usually $400 & $600) at Venetian. The Schedules for those are not announced for a while yet, though, maybe not until April.

Ideally, I'd go for a month, with a 7 or 10 day "holiday" in the middle of it. Want to fly to LA, get the Pacific Surfliner down to San Diego, then fly back to Vegas, a 24 or 48 hour adventure.

Dreams are made of this stuff.

We shall see.

1% Please - of the poker not the holiday Wink
Chasing my losses from last year-1% please.

That's how bad you run, Carl - last year was my first losing trip to Vegas. Might just have to blame you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41072 on: February 04, 2015, 02:44:30 PM »

Your too tight on the button karabiner!

Solid results Teeks!

Coming from the King of PLO8, I am chuffed to hear that.

I could do a lot better, but I am still very hesitsant in certain spots. Thinks like hitting my Ace with an "A-K-low-low" hand, & being scared to bet out in case someone has hit a worse kicker with their ace.

Lets say I have.....

Two Diamonds

And we see this flop.....

I always worry that they have called me with a worse Ace, A-J, A-T, etc, & I'll get scuppered by 2 pair if I bet.

Those DYM's play quite shallow, & once the Blinds get big, we can't afford a mis-step. I shudder to think how often I bin the best hand to a lead. In a way, in those DYM's, its all about, if possible, avoiding confrontation, & just quietly finding soft spots.

Had a great night (by my standards) last night, mind, made £51.

Ooohhhhh.

You found a game that encourages and rewards tight play so I wouldn't worry too much, especially vs unknown opponents who are just having a punt. This might be an issue vs some regulars, but its not something they will pick up on too easily or be able to do much about. It is hard to estimate ranges in PLO especially as quite a few individuals play any A2XX hand in a similar manner. I'd try and find a deciding factor and price you need using the current SPR (and tournament situation of course). Going with the AK25 example above is probably fine, we have plenty of good cards around, and some of those lead to scoops.

I used to do regular checks of the other PLO8 regs on sharkscope and compare my results but there just aren't many about now. The daily 109 on Stars used to run every day almost without fail, with a 3k guarantee. Now I'd say it runs maybe 25% of the time with a 2k guarantee and even failed to run on Sunday. I would say my O8 game is probably a bit weaker than it has been  before. When it took up the majority of my volume I'd have said I was number one for the tournaments but trying to learn a million game types, plus the mind boggling thing that is NLHE now probably made me a bit worse. I managed to take down the NL SD 2-7 on sunday, a new title to the belt Tongue Just need a badugi win and I'll be up there with the Stu Rutters of this world.

Excited for Vegas this year? UKPC? I felt sure I saw you mention there wasn't a PLO event this time around, which would be a crying shame. An idea worth trying might be half hold'em half omaha but it could well end up resulting in noone playing!

Thanks Adam.

Late on, with the Blinds big, it's sort of pot re-pot, you can't half-commit, so with the A-K-5-2 on an A high flop, it's all going in, no question.

I just find it awkward early doors, when everyone is splashing around. Guess I should not play pots early doors really.

I get a bit of grief for playing so tight, but you can do OK at those little things just by staying out of trouble.  

No PLO at this UKPC, no. I still harbour memories of your epic misread, the look on your face when you realised, & the amazing comeback (from 2 Bigs) to make the Final. Guess 5 of us limping into your BB & you quintupling up next hand helped....

Excited about Vegas? Just a bit! No idea if I can get there, the future is always shrouded in dithering in my world, for personal & work reasons, but if I can be there, I will, & I was like a kid in a sweet shop last night when the full WSOP schedule came out.

I ear-marked these as my dream targets.....

11th June - WSOP $1,000 PLO

14th June - WSOP $3,000 PLO8

17th June - WSOP $1,500 PLO 6-Max

24th June - WSOP $1,500 PLO8.

If I had a result early, I'd also try & play.....

22nd June - WSOP $3,000 PLO 6-Max.

Think they might run over me a bit in the 6-Max, so I'd only play the $3,000 6-Max PLO if I had booked a few cashes by then.

Then I'd play the litttle jobbies at Binions & GN (including other Mixed Games) & the intermediate PLO & PLO8 (usually $400 & $600) at Venetian. The Schedules for those are not announced for a while yet, though, maybe not until April.

Ideally, I'd go for a month, with a 7 or 10 day "holiday" in the middle of it. Want to fly to LA, get the Pacific Surfliner down to San Diego, then fly back to Vegas, a 24 or 48 hour adventure.

Dreams are made of this stuff.

We shall see.

1% Please - of the poker not the holiday Wink
Chasing my losses from last year-1% please.

That's how bad you run, Carl - last year was my first losing trip to Vegas. Might just have to blame you.
Blame away.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 02:48:06 PM by Mohican » Logged

Cymru am byth
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #41073 on: February 04, 2015, 03:32:54 PM »

1% reserve please. I only donate as I enjoy Jeeves ramblings so much when you are out there.

Life has no rebuy options
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41074 on: February 04, 2015, 05:35:30 PM »

Did you get to that ICE thing? I went yesterday. My impressions was that it was, as Camel would say, a bit of a 'circlewank'. I can't see how any actual business gets done at the stalls themselves.

Enjoyed it enough, bumped into Channing/Beevers/Jesse/Your Boss Rich/Lush the Gush etc, more of a jolly than work.

Funnily enough, I have been before.....20 years ago. My families business was juke boxes/video games/fruit machines (they took them to pubs) and I went there as a kid when it was at Earls Court to play on all the video games. I was telling Rich Milner this exact anecdote and just as I am, I bump into my cousins from Sheffield. I should have bet some money on it.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #41075 on: February 04, 2015, 06:49:36 PM »

1% Please.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #41076 on: February 04, 2015, 07:32:14 PM »

Commercial from the super bowl in 2003.

Gets straight into my top ten of all time. Absolute genius.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #41077 on: February 04, 2015, 08:47:32 PM »

Have a guess before you read the article.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/10-countries-where-people-smoke-the-most-2014-07-22?dist=countdown

It also has the snippet as a btw  "Tobacco company Reynolds American Inc was hit with $23.6 billion in damages Friday after a Florida jury decided that the company acted negligently in marketing its tobacco products.  The company had been sued by a widow who claimed the company failed to inform her husband about the cancer-causing nature of tobacco."
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #41078 on: February 04, 2015, 10:34:50 PM »

Felt sure Hungary would be up there but I'm counting it as a win seeing as it was every country but!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41079 on: February 05, 2015, 08:26:42 AM »

Scary stuff.

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41080 on: February 05, 2015, 10:19:31 AM »

Did you get to that ICE thing? I went yesterday. My impressions was that it was, as Camel would say, a bit of a 'circlewank'. I can't see how any actual business gets done at the stalls themselves.

A ton of business gets done. It's more the uni club at the end of the night theory. Basically you know that everyone is going to be in the same place at the same time so you're definitely going to find somebody. Lots of meeting get arranged beforehand etc.

It's pretty much the only global event for the sector that you know everyone will be at.
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41081 on: February 05, 2015, 10:21:12 AM »

Apart from me
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41082 on: February 05, 2015, 10:28:14 AM »

Apart from me

....and me, lol.

I had a ticket & had planned to be there Tuesday, but then I heard by the back door that all the Sky Poker suits were going that day, so I thought I had better swerve it, in case they thought I was shirt-tailing.

Back in the day when Des Duffy was the Sky Poker Top Cheese he always invited me along, & I loved it, as I knew most of the people there, & it was a great chance to network & natter.

It sucks being old in a young man's world. We think we have more experience, & know more, than the young guns, but I guess thats the way of the world, & I suppose it always was.

Looking forward to the 6 Nations Alun? Here's a Welsh wooden spoon, just in case you need one.

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41083 on: February 05, 2015, 10:54:57 AM »

Apart from me

....and me, lol.

I had a ticket & had planned to be there Tuesday, but then I heard by the back door that all the Sky Poker suits were going that day, so I thought I had better swerve it, in case they thought I was shirt-tailing.

Back in the day when Des Duffy was the Sky Poker Top Cheese he always invited me along, & I loved it, as I knew most of the people there, & it was a great chance to network & natter.

It sucks being old in a young man's world. We think we have more experience, & know more, than the young guns, but I guess thats the way of the world, & I suppose it always was.

Looking forward to the 6 Nations Alun? Here's a Welsh wooden spoon, just in case you need one.

Not quite sure what to make of you giving me a (virtual) love spoon. That's sort of like a very old fashioned sexting.

Absolutely can't wait. Am going to the game tomorrow with my Dad. I have no voice due to an extended pain in the arse illness so singing and shouting might be difficult. Should be 80,000 other welshers to help me out.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41084 on: February 05, 2015, 11:02:15 AM »

A ton of business gets done. It's more the uni club at the end of the night theory. Basically you know that everyone is going to be in the same place at the same time so you're definitely going to find somebody. Lots of meeting get arranged beforehand etc.

It's pretty much the only global event for the sector that you know everyone will be at.

Oh completely agree, I meant literally at the stalls themselves. My guess, zero business.
Pages: 1 ... 2735 2736 2737 2738 [2739] 2740 2741 2742 2743 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: