blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:52:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2776 2777 2778 2779 [2780] 2781 2782 2783 2784 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6331677 times)
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #41685 on: May 19, 2015, 07:48:05 PM »

Sorry have been away from a computer screen for a whole 4 days golfing and gardening with a tan to prove it.

Could you PM my you Bank details please if my 1% is still available.

Many thanks.

Golfing & gardening, what a life.

Yes, the final 1%, as promised, is yours, Bank Details sent.

Thank you.  

Hey Tony

know you're oversubscribed ...you have me down as ukpc 1% and 2.5 Fraser  so it frees up a massive 1%   Smiley

Ahh, good spot Fraser, thank you., I've edited out the 1% for "UKPC Champ" now.

I sent you back £212.50, as you had paid for 5%, but I could only spare 2.5%, hope you received it.

received Sir ty very much
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41686 on: May 19, 2015, 08:04:59 PM »

Had problems with my fat fingers this morning so not sure if you got my PM ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41687 on: May 19, 2015, 08:10:01 PM »

Had problems with my fat fingers this morning so not sure if you got my PM ?

That is so spooky David - I replied just seconds ago.

I try & do PM's in little bunches, in strict order received, or else I get in a right mess. 

I noted you had fat finger probs, as you sent it first before completing it, then sent it again.

If you need typing lessons, I'm here for you, obv.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bromley04

View Profile
« Reply #41688 on: May 19, 2015, 08:26:15 PM »

I shall stubbornly refuse to rise to Tal Bloke's bait.

Meanwhile, I went up to DTD on Saturday, nit of a mixed mission, had to see a few people about this & that, & played the Grand Prix thing to sort of half justify the long drive.

Can't recall enjoying an evening's poker quite so much in a very long time, I had two really lovely tables, all of whom were good fun & great company.

My first bullet lasted less than half an hour (50,000 chips....), when I chose the wrong moment to squeeze Mr Loosey Goosey with my A-K, & he turned up with Kings. It sounds a dumb play so early, & probably was, but it was a limpathon, & he was (wisely) squeezing a lot, & had yet to show any hand of reasonable merit. I did feel a tad silly, dusting off 50,000 chips so lightly. If there is a positive, at least I found my aggro boots.

My next bullet went rather better, & I soon had - "chipped up" is the phrase I believe - 200,000, & was 2 or 3 times average for 5 very enjoyable hours.

Then, a succession of hands went the wrong way, 4 or 5 in a row, & that pout me back in the pack. 

I found a lovely spot with my A-Q v 9-9, which was a sort of squeeze over squeeze, originally it had been 5 way & I forced out a load of dead money, but an 8 high flop was less than ideal. I just dribbled after that, barely won a pot.

Extinction came mercifully swiftly, when my late position raise with......

...meshed rather nicely with this flop.......

three clubs

So I had all sorts going for me, & piled the chips in happily, but I never got a get.

Start the car Jeeves, start the car.

Freudian slip?
CoxyLboro
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #41689 on: May 20, 2015, 03:02:08 AM »

Nope, never heard of that, Rod.

However, the real problem with reinforced concrete is when the internal rebar gets accessed by water, rusts, expands, & "pops" or "spalls" the surface. This solution won't cure that, which is the real problem.

What did impress was this rather breathtaking throwaway line.......

but concrete has never been more popular than today, with China using more of the stuff in the last three years than the United States in the last century

That is, if true, extraordinary. Not sure how they would know, mind.

I can't believe after all these years, I have finally registered on blonde to discuss concrete...

Self-healing concrete prevents rebar corrosion by resealing cracks that form from weathering and/or flexural stress, before the cracks reach the rebar to expose them to water and oxygen.

The stat about China is also true, but rather than solely from their enormous growth, its the collosal levels of inefficiencies that they employ when building multistoried buildings - thick concrete walls as internal partitioning, on over 70 floors. Even more comically, once the concrete has gone off and work is begun on higher floors, people are housed in the lower level apartments who immediately jack-hammer out the partitions they don't want. Building remains a construction site 5 years after completion and everyone gets cancer from cement inhalation. Magnificent.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41690 on: May 20, 2015, 08:46:00 AM »

However, the real problem with reinforced concrete is when the internal rebar gets accessed by water, rusts, expands, & "pops" or "spalls" the surface. This solution won't cure that, which is the real problem.

but concrete has never been more popular than today, with China using more of the stuff in the last three years than the United States in the last century

I can't believe after all these years, I have finally registered on blonde to discuss concrete...

Self-healing concrete prevents rebar corrosion by resealing cracks that form from weathering and/or flexural stress, before the cracks reach the rebar to expose them to water and oxygen.

The stat about China is also true, but rather than solely from their enormous growth, its the collosal levels of inefficiencies that they employ when building multistoried buildings - thick concrete walls as internal partitioning, on over 70 floors. Even more comically, once the concrete has gone off and work is begun on higher floors, people are housed in the lower level apartments who immediately jack-hammer out the partitions they don't want. Building remains a construction site 5 years after completion and everyone gets cancer from cement inhalation. Magnificent.

Well that was worth waiting for. Great first post.

How come you're so sad you know so much about concrete?

The older I get, the better I was.
CoxyLboro
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #41691 on: May 20, 2015, 08:51:42 AM »

In 3 hours and 17 minutes I will have finished a degree in Civil engineering, where sadness concrete reigns supreme
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #41692 on: May 20, 2015, 09:22:17 AM »

In 3 hours and 17 minutes I will have finished a degree in Civil engineering, where sadness concrete reigns supreme

I was going to say from your first post and name you must be an engineer from lufbra. Fellow ex lufbra myself. Economics 1996. How time moves on.. Welcome to blonde.  GL with your final exam!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 09:27:01 AM by arbboy » Logged
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #41693 on: May 20, 2015, 09:29:46 AM »

I was going to say from your first post and name you must be an engineer from lufbra. Fellow ex lufbra myself. Economics 1996. How time flys. Welcome to blonde.  GL with your final exam!

Was '96 when you went up or when you graduated?

The masses weren't far off in their estimates, then?

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=65469.0

Unlike with some... Cheesy

I must be way off the mark with Tal, I was obv joking in my first post but I would have lumped on at 50+

I almost had this as a new signature

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #41694 on: May 20, 2015, 09:31:32 AM »

I was going to say from your first post and name you must be an engineer from lufbra. Fellow ex lufbra myself. Economics 1996. How time flys. Welcome to blonde.  GL with your final exam!

I must be way off the mark with Tal, I was obv joking in my first post but I would have lumped on at 50+

masses were spot on with me. Just turned 40. 1996 was graduation year correct. Euro 96. What a summer!

In my era civ eng was a proper degree. 35 hours a week lectures and classes. Those boys and girls struggled to get weds afternoons off to play sport. Don't think I ever had a lecture on a weds for three years and never had more than two lectures in a day. No wonder I turned into a degen
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 09:34:15 AM by arbboy » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #41695 on: May 20, 2015, 09:40:08 AM »

I was going to say from your first post and name you must be an engineer from lufbra. Fellow ex lufbra myself. Economics 1996. How time flys. Welcome to blonde.  GL with your final exam!

Was quite surprising Woodsey was the only one who got it right?

You in Vegas this year? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
CoxyLboro
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #41696 on: May 20, 2015, 09:48:40 AM »

I was going to say from your first post and name you must be an engineer from lufbra. Fellow ex lufbra myself. Economics 1996. How time moves on.. Welcome to blonde.  GL with your final exam!

Thanks. By quite amazing coincidence, there will be a section on self healing concrete too!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #41697 on: May 20, 2015, 10:08:52 AM »

You in Vegas this year? 

Yes, me, my cardigans, zimmerframe and werther's originals will be moaning about the noise across the Atlantic.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #41698 on: May 20, 2015, 10:14:50 AM »

You in Vegas this year? 

Yes, me, my cardigans, zimmerframe and werther's originals will be moaning about the noise across the Atlantic.

I assume you'll be there for the seniors, but am there between teh 10th and 17th June if you fancy some PLO8.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41699 on: May 20, 2015, 03:03:40 PM »

Chris!

Welcome aboard, about time too.

Stick around mate, you'd be a great addition here, & I'm sure you'd enjoy parts of the site, particularly Poker Hand Analysis.

How are things? Still coaching?

What are your career plans after Uni?

Brief Introduction for others;

Chris Cox was one of the bigger players next door pre-Uni.

He won a Viva Las Vegas package about 4 or 5 years ago, so it fell to me to "host" Chris, his good lady, & the others in Vegas.

We had a proper ball.

Chris went again the next year, & spent a lot of time - & I mean a lot - at the Cash Tables.

He is, shall we say, a bit loose & gambly.......

He once sat on a 2p-4p No Limit Omaha Table Next Door with 5 other degens, & by the time the game broke, there was around £2,000 on the table. That's a 2p-4p table, with a max pull up of £4. You get the drift.

Lives near Swindon, or somewhere equally dreadful. Or might be Bath. Or somewhere.

He runs good with "swaps", too, taking a 10% swap with me in the UKPC Omaha two tables out, then promptly busting.  
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 03:05:27 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 2776 2777 2778 2779 [2780] 2781 2782 2783 2784 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: