blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:37:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2891 2892 2893 2894 [2895] 2896 2897 2898 2899 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6320854 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43410 on: October 03, 2015, 12:22:06 PM »

"Murder, he wrote".

Some poker tales of the unexpected, poker version. Minimal spam, gotta pay the bills.

Click it please, even if you don't read it. A penny per click soon adds up.

http://bit.ly/1FEGmS9

Paid my penny but found no loo paper..

I can remember Keith The Camel once saying that he had played poker with three subsequently convicted murderers, the two whom you mentioned and another one who's name escapes me.

Was this the name you or His Camel-ness had in mind?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/wedding-party-gunman-jailed-for-six-years-1-4233519

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2931666/Husband-stabbed-wife-death-Bowie-knife-frenzied-attack-lay-bed-just-month-freed-early-jail.html

I remember playing with him(Maz) quite a lot in the early days of DTD before he got done for gunplay at a wedding. He had a pretty good run in tourneys for a while.

I didn't know about the murder though.

Keith mentioned playing with three murderers around the time MBJ got put away so it couldn't have included Maz although that figure might now be four.

He did too, that's how I came across his name, I was researching Season 1 of the GUKPT, & he won the Newcastle leg.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=26881

I sat on his table for a bit, & I well remember he had 2 phones (this was in 2007), & at that time, the only folks with two mobile phones were usually in a particular line of business.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #43411 on: October 03, 2015, 03:02:33 PM »

"Murder, he wrote".

Some poker tales of the unexpected, poker version. Minimal spam, gotta pay the bills.

I guess this leads to the obvious question of who is most likely to be the next killer?

It's like awaiting the next episode of The Archers, eh?

The thing was, both lads were seemingly "normal", &, in different ways, likeable. Ron was a bit abrasive, yes, but away from the poker table, he was quite different.

I had a complaint after the last blog that I don't write much about today's Online Hotshots, but I don't know them well enough, & we don't get to know Online players anything like as well.

Father loves the Archers, never been a fan myself. I have learnt that if you are to disturb him at 7pm make sure it is very important!

I find with online players some are very well known and promote themselves with blogs/diaries etc or they are in the GIQ brigade and you know little more than an online alias.

Yup - but we just don't get the chance to meet them & interact, do we? I know, personally, all the people I write about from Live poker, but not so much the Online guys.  Plenners swoons over all these great great players (& they are great, I'm sure) but I'd not recognize them if I bumped into them.

You refer to your ""Father". Is that a term of endearment, are you well posh, was it tongue in cheek? Do you not call him "Dad"? in real life?

Gotta be well posh to refer to parents as Mother & Father. 

I am pretty posh you know!

I do call him Dad but refer to him as father at times.

I saw you turned the corner and moaned in some wins!

Will you be playing many UKOPS games?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43412 on: October 04, 2015, 12:01:24 PM »

THE LAND OF GIANTS™

"This design transforms mundane electrical pylons into statues on the Icelandic landscape.

Making only minor alterations to well established steel-framed tower design, we have created a series of towers that are powerful, solemn and variable. These iconic pylon-figures will become monuments in the landscape. Seeing the pylon-figures will become an unforgettable experience, elevating the towers to something more than merely a functional design of necessity."

http://www.choishine.com/Projects/giants.html

you approve?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43413 on: October 04, 2015, 12:06:55 PM »

Fabulous!

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43414 on: October 04, 2015, 12:11:07 PM »

Approve? Are you serious, or just winding me up?

Obscene, horrible, designers should be shot.

Electricity pylons are serious stuff, don't be messing with the traditional pylon.

PS - I am not rising to the bait of Tom's repeated exclamation marks, either.

These are proper pylons. Graceful, proud, fit for purpose.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43415 on: October 04, 2015, 12:16:19 PM »

PS - I am not rising to the bait of Tom's repeated exclamation marks, either.

I've never been so insulted!!!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43416 on: October 04, 2015, 12:24:42 PM »

"Murder, he wrote".

I guess this leads to the obvious question of who is most likely to be the next killer?

It's like awaiting the next episode of The Archers, eh?

The thing was, both lads were seemingly "normal", &, in different ways, likeable. Ron was a bit abrasive, yes, but away from the poker table, he was quite different.

I had a complaint after the last blog that I don't write much about today's Online Hotshots, but I don't know them well enough, & we don't get to know Online players anything like as well.

Father loves the Archers, never been a fan myself. I have learnt that if you are to disturb him at 7pm make sure it is very important!

I find with online players some are very well known and promote themselves with blogs/diaries etc or they are in the GIQ brigade and you know little more than an online alias.

Yup - but we just don't get the chance to meet them & interact, do we? I know, personally, all the people I write about from Live poker, but not so much the Online guys.  Plenners swoons over all these great great players (& they are great, I'm sure) but I'd not recognize them if I bumped into them.

You refer to your ""Father". Is that a term of endearment, are you well posh, was it tongue in cheek? Do you not call him "Dad"? in real life?

Gotta be well posh to refer to parents as Mother & Father. 

I am pretty posh you know!

I do call him Dad but refer to him as father at times.

I saw you turned the corner and moaned in some wins!

Will you be playing many UKOPS games?

Very surprised to hear that. "Father"? Yikes.

That's seriously posh. Only AndrewT & nirvana of the blondes are that posh.

Do you also address him as "Papa"?

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #43417 on: October 07, 2015, 07:27:09 PM »

Isn't it around this time of year that you draw away and get even older than me than you were previously?

Many Happy Returns whenever the exact date is/was.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43418 on: October 08, 2015, 11:08:07 AM »

Isn't it around this time of year that you draw away and get even older than me than you were previously?

Many Happy Returns whenever the exact date is/was.

Ahh, bless you Uncle Ralph.

It was almost a month ago, in fact, & I slipped nice & quietly into another year. Then Gill came down at the weekend & cooked us a lovely birthday dinner, roasties & all sorts. 

And today is 9 years to the day since I started my little job Next Door.

It's been huge fun, challenging at times, but I sense it is drawing slowly towards it's close now, so I'm enjoying it whilst I can.

I got called in at late notice on Tuesday to do the Show, as Mr Ambo had the 'flu. I only had a few hours notice, so I lost a bit of the usual buzz I get from the anticipation, but there was a bit of a surprise in store, as the "Celeb Guest" was someone called Max Rushden. 

I knew he'd done Soccer AM, but knew precious little else about him, so I had to go googling. Big Cambridge United fan, so I asked him some Cambridge Utd stuff, & he sensed I'd done my homework, so we got off on the right foot.

Anyway, he turned out to be tremendously funny, and really interesting. Most of these guys are inward looking or self-centred, but he spent an hour before the show quizzing me about my life. He was either very polite, or genuinely interested, & he Tweeted me the next day to suggest I write an autobiography. 

We had a terrific half hour after the Show, too. Some rather indelicate questions had been Tweeted to the Show, "most difficult/rude footballer you had on Soccer AM", that sort of thing. Well he has a living to make, so he can't be answering that sort of stuff on Live TV, but he regaled us with some incredible tales after the Show. Not for repeating, sadly. 

I've been very fortunate to meet a lot of these sort of guys via the Show. These guys in the public eye get dissed to pieces by Team Armchair, but I'm always fascinated by what they are like in real life.

On the next Show I do, the guest is John Virgo I think. Wonder how many Tweets we'll get saying "and where's the white ball going?".....

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43419 on: October 08, 2015, 11:13:43 AM »

Did anyone see the Wayne Rooney interview on Monday?

I mean, this guy gets ripped to shreds by Team Armchair, but I was interested to see the real guy.

Came from the wrong side of the street, poor education, da de da, ends up as one of the highest paid sportsmen in the world.

For all his faults, one thing nobody can say is that he is lazy, & does not give of his best. The bloke has a great engine, & never stops trying. For that, wp him.

One thing you can guarantee with Wayne is that when he comes off the pitch, he has given his all, every last ounce of it.

Click to see full-size image.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #43420 on: October 08, 2015, 11:27:23 AM »

Loved the Rooney show.

Was really surprised to see how shy he is in real life.

Also surprised to see his family have stayed so grounded too, and one of his brothers still lives in the house they grew up in, and his other brother lives two doors away.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43421 on: October 08, 2015, 11:28:42 AM »

I always find interviews with footballers so depressing. You just get the sense that there is basically nothing going on between the ears. It's all so inane.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43422 on: October 08, 2015, 11:49:32 AM »

I always find interviews with footballers so depressing. You just get the sense that there is basically nothing going on between the ears. It's all so inane.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea?

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43423 on: October 08, 2015, 11:55:07 AM »

Sorry should have said English footballers. I mean it's not their fault, they are basically removed from education at around 13. But it's such a *sigh* whenever you hear them interviewed. They are like actual children.

The French on the other hand have a habit of being super impressive. I remember many many years back there was one of those segments on a World Cup show where they asked a load of people for their most inspiring quote or something. It was a parade of "work hard, put your effort in, try your best" type inanity then they had on Lizarazu who said something like "always turn to face the sun and the shadows will be behind you" I was stunned.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #43424 on: October 08, 2015, 12:15:17 PM »

Can't think of anything worse than an hour long special on Rooney.

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 2891 2892 2893 2894 [2895] 2896 2897 2898 2899 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: