blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:23:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2929 2930 2931 2932 [2933] 2934 2935 2936 2937 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6334188 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43980 on: January 23, 2016, 12:29:19 PM »

Advertising has changed.

Remind me who "Anthea" was?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43981 on: January 23, 2016, 12:33:38 PM »

If you walk alone, try downloading an audio book and listening to it while you perambulate. You may find you walk further than you realise.

Audio Book? I don't have Audio Book receiving equipment.   

Yes you do. Your phone will play them Smiley

It won't - I would more likely to be able to fly than know how to get music onto my 'phone.

Phones are for phone calls, if I want to listen to music, I turn on the wireless.

As it happens, my phone battery is buggered, & unless I have it plugged into the charger, the battery insta dies, even sending a text kills it. Oddly, it charges up to max in minutes.

Went into a phone shop to buy a new battery, & Mr Salesman laughed at me.

You don't need a new battery Sir, you need a new 'phone.

I said "thank you for that". I thought "you can piss right off you tosspot".

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43982 on: January 23, 2016, 12:36:09 PM »

Replies to Red Fox & Doobsy will follow, it's time for my daily constitutional.

Today sees the step up to 4 miles with the elongated adventure.

As Mr Oates famously said, I may be some time

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43983 on: January 23, 2016, 12:50:57 PM »

Poppets were my treat at Saturday morning cinema , lovely.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #43984 on: January 23, 2016, 07:03:19 PM »

If you walk alone, try downloading an audio book and listening to it while you perambulate. You may find you walk further than you realise.

Yes you do. Your phone will play them Smiley

It won't - I would more likely to be able to fly than know how to get music onto my 'phone.

Phones are for phone calls, if I want to listen to music, I turn on the wireless.

As it happens, my phone battery is buggered, & unless I have it plugged into the charger, the battery insta dies, even sending a text kills it. Oddly, it charges up to max in minutes.

Went into a phone shop to buy a new battery, & Mr Salesman laughed at me.

You don't need a new battery Sir, you need a new 'phone.

I said "thank you for that". I thought "you can piss right off you tosspot".

Just get a new battery off the 'net Tikay, only a few quid and no snot-nosed sales people to listen to Cheesy
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43985 on: January 24, 2016, 11:45:30 AM »

Luckily, my walk is in beautiful surroundings, all along the side of the Thames in one of it's most beautiful parts, with houseboats galore, geese, swans, mallards, water hen, coots, cormorants & all sorts. Saw a cormorant catch a fish yesterday. Not seen any herons though.

I play a little mental game, too, how many species of animals, birds & ducks I spot. 37 yesterday.

See a lot of elderly people walking their dogs, too. Elderly people are so cute, I always think. 

Going back to books, this is my current read. It's quite hard work, but truly astonishing how critical mass works the same in nature, chemicals, human interaction, even traffic jams, all of which have something called "transitional state".

As in, say, gases liquify at certain temperatures, water turns to steam or ice & vice versa, &, in these things, hot always migrates to cold, never the opposite. Just basics really, but most interesting.   

hmmmm elderly and dogs thinks that could be me  Smiley

hope you continue with your walks and along such a seeminlgy lovely place.

walking helps me enormously in my quest to gain fitness/lose weight

im lucky to benefit from alternating between fantastic beaches and fabulous countryside with such daily changes or observations to be seen

Whereabouts do you reside?

When I consulted my files - the ones in my head, which are often a bit unreliable these days - it said you lived in Scotland, or the very North of England.

Please tell me my files are not corrupted.

My elongated walk yesterday went well, though I had some stiffness in my calves afterwards. Plan to do the same again today, which will bring this weeks perambulation to 16 miles. I can barely believe I've done it.

I know it's nothing to most, but I've honestly not walked anywhere for many a year, doubt I walk 400 yards per week normally.

Meanwhile, Gill ran 9 miles yesterday. Big run planned for next Sunday, she received her official number yesterday for this......

http://winterrunseries.co.uk/events/london

They sent her "numberplate" - 12547 - & she was chuffed to bits it even had her name on it.

She's amazingly excited.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43986 on: January 24, 2016, 11:47:14 AM »

But who was "Anthea", in that advertisement?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43987 on: January 24, 2016, 11:56:44 AM »

I popped in last night for a game and failed to find one.  I think I probably just started too late.  Did we get anywhere with thag talk of a bigger O8 MTT on Sky?  Traffic seems to be picking up well on the bigger site after slumping for a while.  The $27 nlo8 hyper got something like 250 runners and since changing the $109 MTT to $82, and allowing re-entries, it seems to run most nights and gets maybe 40 on average now.  They also run a $82 hyper at 10.30 and that seems to attract some right loons.   Paid $1500 for 1st last night.

They are running a turbo plo8 at 1.30 tomorrow afternoon as part of TCOOP.  Should attract a fair share of those loons and be right up your street.  It is too early for me, as I am in a kids party.   The hyper a week today is probably more my thing anyway.  

Edit.  Made a mistake it is nlo8 tomorrow.  I could give you some pointers.  Most are so terrible at it that you could crush without much help.  I used to worry about been quartered back in the day, but you have way more to worry about if a 2 comes on the river these days.

Traffic in the PLO8 £11 DYM''s has been unusually quiet this week, plenty at £5.50 & down, but just ONE has run all week at £11. You & I were regged for one, but I'd finished my regular 30 game session, so I de-regged. Two weeks ago, as many as 20 per night at £11 were running, but that was because of "Double Points" week.

Double Points week runs again for a week starting tomorrow, so they may pick up, but it's counterbalanced by double points on cash, & Double Main Event Guarantees all week, so maybe not.

Think I'll swerve the TCOOP thing, I don't play on 'Stars these days. Did you see this story, incidentally?

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=66629.0

Next Door running some NLO8 stuff? Personally, I don't much enjoy NLO8, takes the subtlety out of the game to my mind, but I daresay those with the skills do well in them. I may well suggest it to the suits though, as it does seem increasingly popular these days. They don't offer very much NL Omaha or 08 at all actually, it's almost all PL. People do love a gamble though,  they run NLH "spin up" cash tables, & they are amazingly popular.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #43988 on: January 24, 2016, 12:49:59 PM »

Anthea Askey I'm guessing as the "Arthur" is Arthur Askey?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43989 on: January 24, 2016, 01:45:19 PM »

Anthea Askey I'm guessing as the "Arthur" is Arthur Askey?

Ahh yes, that'll be it. Never even realised he had a daughter. But he did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthea_Askey

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #43990 on: January 24, 2016, 01:48:12 PM »

I popped in last night for a game and failed to find one.  I think I probably just started too late.  Did we get anywhere with thag talk of a bigger O8 MTT on Sky?  Traffic seems to be picking up well on the bigger site after slumping for a while.  The $27 nlo8 hyper got something like 250 runners and since changing the $109 MTT to $82, and allowing re-entries, it seems to run most nights and gets maybe 40 on average now.  They also run a $82 hyper at 10.30 and that seems to attract some right loons.   Paid $1500 for 1st last night.

They are running a turbo plo8 at 1.30 tomorrow afternoon as part of TCOOP.  Should attract a fair share of those loons and be right up your street.  It is too early for me, as I am in a kids party.   The hyper a week today is probably more my thing anyway.  

Edit.  Made a mistake it is nlo8 tomorrow.  I could give you some pointers.  Most are so terrible at it that you could crush without much help.  I used to worry about been quartered back in the day, but you have way more to worry about if a 2 comes on the river these days.

Traffic in the PLO8 £11 DYM''s has been unusually quiet this week, plenty at £5.50 & down, but just ONE has run all week at £11. You & I were regged for one, but I'd finished my regular 30 game session, so I de-regged. Two weeks ago, as many as 20 per night at £11 were running, but that was because of "Double Points" week.

Double Points week runs again for a week starting tomorrow, so they may pick up, but it's counterbalanced by double points on cash, & Double Main Event Guarantees all week, so maybe not.

Think I'll swerve the TCOOP thing, I don't play on 'Stars these days. Did you see this story, incidentally?

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=66629.0

Next Door running some NLO8 stuff? Personally, I don't much enjoy NLO8, takes the subtlety out of the game to my mind, but I daresay those with the skills do well in them. I may well suggest it to the suits though, as it does seem increasingly popular these days. They don't offer very much NL Omaha or 08 at all actually, it's almost all PL. People do love a gamble though,  they run NLH "spin up" cash tables, & they are amazingly popular.

I used to be where you are on nlo8, but have completely changed.  Now NLO8 is my favourite game.  There is a guy who was Black Friday'd who won the WSOP 8 game (or horse, can't remember) doing a well elsewhere.  His view of nlo8 is like yours and he imagines it is a bunch of nut pedlars waiting for AA.  The game has changed quite a bit, with a lot more subtlety in the heads up and MTT games in particular.  The hyper STTs are still mostly shove/fold, but it is good to vary it and put the multi tabling "bots" off their stride.   Virtually all the very best players have moved along from nut peddling, much to the annoyance of the old school who get upset that their game had been ruined.   A couple of the old school regs pretty much call me a retard daily.  But the game could change again and I could be left behind.  There is very little training material out there, and long may that continue.  

I did catch that story and it is hard to explain. I have played a lot of tables and "forgotten" tables before, but can't see me ever forgetting a TCOOP final table for an hour.  It is just about plausible though.  I tend to spread my tables across the screen and if one pops up on top of another and you miss the warning (or have one going off the same time on another table, you can effectively hibernate one for a good while before you notice. Once you are sat out it never bounces to the front.  So unless you think to yourself, what happened to that "Sunday million" table? you can go a long time without playing a hand.  But this was a tcoop final table, so 95%+ a bot.

I should add that a few of the (German) regs have come and gone from the Hypers.  I know a couple were multi accounting, but wouldn't be surprised if one of the disappeared was some kind of bot.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #43991 on: January 25, 2016, 09:36:19 AM »

Letter to the Editor of the Tikaygraph

Sir,

As a lover of train travel (see how I lured him in, folks...), when you are in the Quiet Zone, how do you deal with Mr Tiptapping on the Laptop and Ms Phoning the Office (about nothing of significance but making sure everyone else can hear she's important)?

I've tried slightly furrowing my brow, casually glancing at the sign, clearing my throat subtly and I'm running out of ideas. I may have to resort to the height of British rudeness and tutting under my breath at this rate.

I turn to you because:
1. You're a man of considerable experience at being annoyed about things other people do;
2. You are blessed with a sense of proportionality that would prevent you from suggesting I become an ungentlemanly brute and actually tell them they're annoying me;
3. You won't suggest anything outrageous like turning the sounds up on my 'phone, playing loud music or fake ringing a clinic about a rash; but
4. You will doubtless nevertheless understand the gravity of this matter.

I remain, sir, your obedient servant.

Tal J. Talington
Professor Emeritus,
Filling Time while on a Train Studies
Somewhere in the Midlands University

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #43992 on: January 25, 2016, 09:44:04 PM »

http://www.worldofconcrete.com/

Off to Vegas next week, Tikay?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43993 on: January 26, 2016, 09:27:44 PM »

Tesco knowingly delayed payments to suppliers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35408064

shares are down 30% in the last 12 months

i know you are a long term investor. do you think we are near the bottom yet?

obviously there is a property portfolio and at some stage a valuation that might trigger corporate interest from overseas, it not being a market you could enter from scratch due to planning and competition....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #43994 on: February 04, 2016, 01:58:24 AM »

morning

I came across this tonight

I remember the Talking Heads live concert film Stop Making Sense coming out years ago.  Pretty sure Barry Norman reviewed it on Film 84.

Nowadays thanks to the internet, you can kind of watch the whole thing, and if Talking Heads are your bag, it is just marvelllous.   I must be about a grand down tonight, but am still smiling.

If you want to watch the whole thing, you have to do it this way I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbhHaiDUuUs&list=PLke4g-fS3LOaaUgmHkFiQ8K9Bww8dfKTf&index=1

Love the way the band gets bigger, as does the suit and the joy of the performances
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 02:01:24 AM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 2929 2930 2931 2932 [2933] 2934 2935 2936 2937 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: