blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:30:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2990 2991 2992 2993 [2994] 2995 2996 2997 2998 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333969 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44895 on: June 14, 2016, 09:26:27 AM »

You would have been 61.5% favourite for the high if he just had the 9.

Thanks Vince, that makes me feel a shade better about the play.

I had almost completely discounted he could have 9-3, as that required him to have 2 of the only 3 (realistic) outs that were ahead of me. (The case 3, & 1 of the 2 nines). I just felt this was highly improbable, especially as he had been pushing players about, so he just had the bare 9. Or quad nines, of course.....Wink 

I took my flopped under-house to be pretty much a flip or slightly worse v his assumed bare 9. Seemed a reasonable spot to flip, the way I read it, plus I had some low redraws. 

I confess to feeling a tad silly when he said "same hand?" & I had to show my 3's full, & he flipped over 9's full.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:28:39 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44896 on: June 14, 2016, 11:09:19 AM »

You would have been 61.5% favourite for the high if he just had the 9.

Thanks Vince, that makes me feel a shade better about the play.

I had almost completely discounted he could have 9-3, as that required him to have 2 of the only 3 (realistic) outs that were ahead of me. (The case 3, & 1 of the 2 nines). I just felt this was highly improbable, especially as he had been pushing players about, so he just had the bare 9. Or quad nines, of course.....Wink 

I took my flopped under-house to be pretty much a flip or slightly worse v his assumed bare 9. Seemed a reasonable spot to flip, the way I read it, plus I had some low redraws. 

I confess to feeling a tad silly when he said "same hand?" & I had to show my 3's full, & he flipped over 9's full.

It would be a remarkable way to play quad 9's, I think. If he's repeatedly bullying then your play seems good to me. 99xx or 93xx are pretty ropy hands anyway!

Just so you remember the hand:

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #44897 on: June 14, 2016, 12:04:54 PM »

To be brutally honest Tony I don't think you're in front very often after he repots.

Better luck in the next one.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #44898 on: June 14, 2016, 12:22:40 PM »

Was Binions any different to previous years?

I popped in on the way back from dinner and Danny Newman was running deep.

I made the not to be repeated error of going to Planet Hollywood instead for the HORSE today, will almost certainly see you at the Nugget or Binions though.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #44899 on: June 14, 2016, 06:19:20 PM »

Nice to hear stories about you tanning yourself on hols but time to get down to business now. Time to get the game face on. Admittedly that's kinda tough when it's flashing like a Belisha beacon but nonetheless not a single asshole scalp story so far? Disappointing.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #44900 on: June 14, 2016, 07:29:53 PM »

I think he needs a Superman/Captain America encounter to wind him up to concert-pitch.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44901 on: June 14, 2016, 07:42:06 PM »

To be brutally honest Tony I don't think you're in front very often after he repots.

No prob with "brutal honesty" Ralph.

It still feels a very awkward spot, as he had been pushing folks around a lot, & he had so few possible combos that beat me. It was also hard to see how he'd limp in mid position with many hands that contained 9-3.

Anyway, as we now know, on this occasion, he had it, & my read was wrong. I agonised for ages, really tried to think it through, & just could not convince myself he had it. As a general rule, I tend to fold too easily, I'm more of a raiser/bettor than a caller, but I grew a pair this time. Bad timing.

Shame really, as for the 2nd event in a row, I'd got to the sharp end with a very playable stack, & this is where the fun starts, & I'm confident in my game in the late stages. The early stages are not easy, with 4 or 5 callers every hand, but once we get deep, it plays a lot easier, usually 1 on 1, & I'm comfortable with my ranges.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #44902 on: June 14, 2016, 07:48:41 PM »

It still feels a very awkward spot, as he had been pushing folks around a lot, & he had so few possible combos that beat me. It was also hard to see how he'd limp in mid position with many hands that contained 9-3.

Anyway, as we now know, on this occasion, he had it, & my read was wrong. I agonised for ages, really tried to think it through, & just could not convince myself he had it. As a general rule, I tend to fold too easily, I'm more of a raiser/bettor than a caller, but I grew a pair this time. Bad timing.

Shame really, as for the 2nd event in a row, I'd got to the sharp end with a very playable stack, & this is where the fun starts, & I'm confident in my game in the late stages. The early stages are not easy, with 4 or 5 callers every hand, but once we get deep, it plays a lot easier, usually 1 on 1, & I'm comfortable with my ranges.

Fair enough, but there is an old adage about never getting overly involved in an unraised flop as anyone can have anything.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44903 on: June 14, 2016, 07:54:32 PM »

Fair enough, but there is an old adage about never getting overly involved in an unraised flop as anyone can have anything.

Yup, that also entered my mind, but only after I was busto. Wink

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44904 on: June 14, 2016, 07:58:13 PM »

I made the not to be repeated error of going to Planet Hollywood instead for the HORSE today, will almost certainly see you at the Nugget or Binions though.

No, pretty much the same as always, average age of Dealers was 109.

Paul is not the TD there any more, he has moved across to Aria. The new guy is fine.

I saw Danny at the Dinner Break, also Debbie, both had similar stacks to me, & Debbie said it'd be neat of all 3 of us final tabled, as we tend to run together in all the Vegas 4 & 5 card stuff.  Minutes later, I was exiting, tail firmly tucked between legs. You know Debbie, I would think - middle aged, full bodied, been a bit of a girl in her time I'd say. 

You did not enjoy PH, presumably? I'll be there tomorrow, for the 7 handed Big O, Slowmo will be there too, for the NLH.

We'll cross paths soon enough, I'm sure.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #44905 on: June 14, 2016, 08:05:14 PM »

You were still quite far from the money and it really was a classic cooler imo (given that it had to be 93xx), so I def wouldn't be too bothered if I were you.  Closer to the bubble maybe a bit more of a case for folding as you can never be a huge fav given that he def has a nine.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #44906 on: June 14, 2016, 08:33:47 PM »

No, pretty much the same as always, average age of Dealers was 109.

Paul is not the TD there any more, he has moved across to Aria. The new guy is fine.

I saw Danny at the Dinner Break, also Debbie, both had similar stacks to me, & Debbie said it'd be neat of all 3 of us final tabled, as we tend to run together in all the Vegas 4 & 5 card stuff.  Minutes later, I was exiting, tail firmly tucked between legs. You know Debbie, I would think - middle aged, full bodied, been a bit of a girl in her time I'd say. 

You did not enjoy PH, presumably? I'll be there tomorrow, for the 7 handed Big O, Slowmo will be there too, for the NLH.

We'll cross paths soon enough, I'm sure.

Danny chopped it for around $4 k . Good luck at p Ho tomorrow , think I'm doing the O8 at Nugget then.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #44907 on: June 14, 2016, 08:51:54 PM »

You were still quite far from the money and it really was a classic cooler imo (given that it had to be 93xx), so I def wouldn't be too bothered if I were you.  Closer to the bubble maybe a bit more of a case for folding as you can never be a huge fav given that he def has a nine.

This.  You posted an exit hand the other day that looked worse (can't remember it now, but they were loads of hands beat you and you called pot twice).  Anyway here, people will play A9, k9 etc the same way and nobody ever folds any 9 given their other 3 cards are likely live.  In addition, you always get the odd one who slow plays his aces and then plays them post flop like they can't be beat. 

The game has moved on too. Maybe not at binions, but the best players aren't ever waiting for the nuts on stars these days. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44908 on: June 14, 2016, 09:05:02 PM »

This.  You posted an exit hand the other day that looked worse (can't remember it now, but they were loads of hands beat you and you called pot twice).  Anyway here, people will play A9, k9 etc the same way and nobody ever folds any 9 given their other 3 cards are likely live.  In addition, you always get the odd one who slow plays his aces and then plays them post flop like they can't be beat

The game has moved on too. Maybe not at binions, but the best players aren't ever waiting for the nuts on stars these days. 

Can't recall that other one, Doobs. There was that weird one when I had A-3-x-x on a 3-3-J flop & my man had Jacks, but I caught my 4th three on that occasion. J-J was the only hand beating me. Threes seem to be the action hands for me so far this trip. Wink

It did enter my mind last night that my man could have slow played Aces, too. I was hoping.....

Anyway, the milk is spilt, on we go.

Gonna spend the rest of today with Gill, as she goes home tomorrow, & then try & actually convert a run into a cash.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #44909 on: June 14, 2016, 09:10:12 PM »

Enjoying the updates (even though its like listening to a football match on the radio, just doesn't compare with being there) and good luck Tikay.

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 2990 2991 2992 2993 [2994] 2995 2996 2997 2998 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: